Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Knight, Jones, Liggins Declare
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
They have not signed with agents.

IMO at least one will return but no more than two. They have until May 8th to withdrawl.

Here are the quotes:

Liggins:
[INDENT]“I’m excited about the opportunity to enter my name into the draft, putting me one step closer to realizing my dream,” Liggins said. “Growing up in a tough environment in Chicago, it’s a pleasure to have an opportunity to do something special. This is another challenge I’m looking forward to, to have my game evaluated by pro scouts and see how I rank against some of the top players in the world.”
[/INDENT]Knight:
[INDENT]“Playing in the NBA has always been a dream of mine and this is the next step,” Knight said. “All season long coach has been tutoring me on the fine points of being a point guard, and now I have an opportunity to put my game on display in front of NBA scouts as a result of my hard work.”
[/INDENT]Jones:
[INDENT]“Coach Cal and the rest of the staff pushed us all year long and helped us develop every part of our game to help prepare us for this point in our lives,” Jones said. “This will be a great chance for me to measure my skills against some of the best in the country and receive additional information on where I fit into this year’s draft.”
[/INDENT]Calipari:
[INDENT]“I support the decision these three have made to take advantage of the process of putting their names in the draft,” UK men’s basketball coach John Calipari said. “They were a joy to coach this year and I would love the opportunity to continue to coach them again next season. I will always support my players in weighing their options and doing what is personally best for them and their families.”

[/INDENT]
Poopie. Liggins will be back. His is more of a evaluation from NBA GM's to know what he needs to work on. The others are gone. Liggins even used that phrasing in his media address.
This is unfortunate but expected. I am however surprised about Liggins though. Good luck to all.
When you really put yourself in their shoes you can't blame them. Yes I wish they'd all come back, but it's not going to happen.
HawksRule Wrote:When you really put yourself in their shoes you can't blame them. Yes I wish they'd all come back, but it's not going to happen.

I agree. If the interest and money is there, don't take the chance of Injury to take it away from you.
I believe Liggins has a chance at being a late first round pick (Lakers? Big Grin)
As for TJ and Knight, declaring was a no brainier. Quite a few players have returned in college bball, and with that their stock as risen.
I hope they all 3 do horrible at the combines and embarrass themselves in front of the scout, so we can keep that 40-0 season alive next year Big Grin
Sad Sad Sad
Aslan Wrote:I believe Liggins has a chance at being a late first round pick (Lakers? Big Grin)
As for TJ and Knight, declaring was a no brainier. Quite a few players have returned in college bball, and with that their stock as risen.
I hope they all 3 do horrible at the combines and embarrass themselves in front of the scout, so we can keep that 40-0 season alive next year Big Grin

I hope he goes to the Lakers!Confusedhh:
Can't blame none of them for living out their dream. Best of luck.
Stardust Wrote:I agree. If the interest and money is there, don't take the chance of Injury to take it away from you.

I'm a college freshmen just as Knight and Jones are, and I make almost 8 dollars an hour. If someone told me I could quit school and make millions a year you better believe I would.
I wish nothing but the Best for these 3, over this past year i have grew on Liggins and became very impressed with him, If there is a year for him to move up in the draft it would be this year with players withdrawing and staying in school. I would love to see all 3 guys return next year but that is a slim chance to none, Like others have said you cant hate on these guys for living out the dream of any basketball player.
IMO they are all gone.
Best of luck to all of them.
No surprise. And can't blame them!
None has hired an agent yet, but I think we all know all 3 are gone.As mentioned above with some of the best talent in college basketball is returning, therefore these guys stock rise. Knight and Jones we know are gone for sure, I'd say their is a slim chance of Liggins returning but he had a kid about a year ago so I'd say he's ready for the next step in his basketball career rather be NBA,D-League, or Eupo. Best of luck to all 3, I enjoyed watching you guys.
Well I hope they all decide to come back for another year but I can understand if both Knight and Jones hire an agent as ESPN states both are predicted to go in the Top 10. Hopefully the chance of a lockout will tempt them to come back! :biggrin:

I have no idea what Liggins is doing! He NEEDS to come back for another year not only because the chance of a lockout but also because I think another year would benefit him and make his draft stock rise!!

I would like to say good luck to them all if any decide to hire an agent!
MVP2 Wrote:None has hired an agent yet, but I think we all know all 3 are gone.As mentioned above with some of the best talent in college basketball is returning, therefore these guys stock rise. Knight and Jones we know are gone for sure, I'd say their is a slim chance of Liggins returning but he had a kid about a year ago so I'd say he's ready for the next step in his basketball career rather be NBA,D-League, or Eupo. Best of luck to all 3, I enjoyed watching you guys.

Best thing said:Thumbs:
lwc Wrote:poopie. Liggins will be back. His is more of a evaluation from nba gm's to know what he needs to work on. The others are gone. Liggins even used that phrasing in his media address.

i dont expect liggins coing back because he had a baby during the season and needs the money and secondly if he stays it will hurt his draft status because he would get very much playing time next year
SCHS#70 Wrote:i dont expect liggins coing back because he had a baby during the season and needs the money and secondly if he stays it will hurt his draft status because he would get very much playing time next year

He has to look at it this way as well, if hes not a first rounder its not guranteed money secondly if there is a lock out hes not getting that 100 + K biweekly has no degree and may be working at McD's untill the lockouts over. He is in a very tough situation.
If I had to guess, I'd say none of the three return with Liggins being the least likely to come back. Knight leaving is just about a sure thing as well. I'd say Jones is about 60:40 right now on leaving, and I'd say the odds for him returning are getting slimmer by the minute.

Like MVP2 said, I enjoyed watching these three. They owe us nothing.
Tough to hear, but I wish them the best of luck.