Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: UK’s spot at the top of 2011 class rankings in jeopardy?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: danielstweet.jpg]

Daniels is talking about the reclassification of 2012 Duke commit Alex Murphy, who was #11 in Scout’s 2012 rankings before announcing today that he will be joining Duke’s 2011 class. If Kentucky managed this, people would probably be screaming from the rooftops about a shady deal.

However, it’s easy to see why this situation warrants no such questions. After all, Duke is a program led by the top protégé of the world’s leading authority on honesty and integrity, Bob Knight. In line with those principles, the program would never engage in any sort of activity that would be considered questionable, including recruiting shenanigans, and would definitely never, ever, ever dip its toes in the poisonous swamp that is the ‘one-and-done’ epidemic. Besides, Alex Murphy is the brother of Florida’s Erik Murphy, who Jeff Goodman says is a good kid even though he breaks into cars. When reached for comment on his brother’s switch to 2011, the elder Murphy only noted that “he’s not in Gainesville. I don’t give a f—.”

Just to be clear, I’m not saying that anything shady happened, because obviously I would be the last person on Earth to know. I’m just noting the difference in the perception of the programs. And that Erik Murphy is a criminal. That’s all.

Now, back to the business at hand. Although most would scoff at the notion that Kentucky’s absurdly loaded class for next year could be touched, if Duke can also add former everywhere recruit and 9th best 2011 PF prospect DeAndre Daniels to this year’s haul, Scout’s expert thinks there will at least be an argument. The new guys would join Duke’s currently third-ranked class consisting of Austin Rivers, swingman Michael Gbinije, Plumlee 3.0, and point-guard Quinn Cook, who already wishes Rivers would pass him the ball. I’m not sure if adding two more guys that are ranked behind every one of Kentucky’s recruits really means that they might have a claim to the top spot but, then again, I don’t cover recruiting for a living.

http://kentuckysportsradio.com/?p=79075
I hate Duke.
LClion4life Wrote:I hate Duke.

:rockon: :Thumbs:
Look for it to happen, I mean it's Duke. However, I'd still take UK's class over theres.
Duke can just S**k it
College basketball will have 3 mega-teams next season, Duke, UK, and UNC. Could anyone ask for anything better? (Other than UK to be untouchable and everyone else be terrible)
I'll take UK's class!
I could care less what the ranking of recruits is. Bring in the right guys for the program and WINNING is all that matters. It's for fans with nothing left to do to root and cheer for the #1 recruiting class. I'll save my rooting for the #1 SEED
Stardust Wrote:I could care less what the ranking of recruits is. Bring in the right guys for the program and WINNING is all that matters. It's for fans with nothing left to do to root and cheer for the #1 recruiting class. I'll save my rooting for the #1 SEED

Great post
MisterPerfect Wrote:Great post

Thanks MP. We lose site of what is important. Sure, recruiting has now come back to the days of the mid-90's, but it means nothing if we don't take advantage of it and win titles. Butler didn't need the top recruiting class in the nation to make it to the finals the last two seasons!:dontthink
Stardust Wrote:Thanks MP. We lose site of what is important. Sure, recruiting has now come back to the days of the mid-90's, but it means nothing if we don't take advantage of it and win titles. Butler didn't need the top recruiting class in the nation to make it to the finals the last two seasons!:dontthink

So true!
If everyone had stayed this year UKs second 5 would be the #2 team in the country..lol
^That's scary to even think about.
I still look for UK to be the best team in the nation with the recruits that we currently have coming in!