Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Who Pays Most of the Taxes in the U.S.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Per the Internal Revenue Service:

* Top 1% pays 38% of taxes
* Top 5% pays 59% of taxes
* Top 10% pays 70% of taxes
* Top 25% pays 86% of taxes.

* 45% pay nothing
The only way to make it fair is a flat tax. Bob Dole wanted to enact a 15% flat tax across the board and do away with the IRS. Al Gore and Bill declared that a "risky scheme". The democratic national bureau of mind control, otherwise known as the mainstream media agreed, and the rest, as they say, is history.

These days we're back to 10% unflation, 4 dollar gasoline, food prices are through the roof, all utilities are outrageous, up on average by nearly 40%. Pretty soon guys out cutting grass will have to charge a 100 dollar bill per lawn to realize a profit. Meanwhile back in Washington, we're raising the debt limit to 15 trillion. And, the Obama adminstration managed to get away with sitting on their hands for 3 years while only allowing one new oil drilling permit.

Once in a whille somebody comes up with a way to word a situation in such a way that makes it really snap into focus. Do you realize that BEFORE we raise the debt ceiling we have to borrow 295 million dollars every 2, that's TWO, hours. One million every hour, 500,000 every half hour, 250,000 every 15 minutes, 16,666 dollars every minute, 276 dollars every second.

The spending cuts that Paul Ryan has proposed would not affect anybody that is over 55 years of age and even then, the difference is negligible. The relief would be immediate and be healing by nature, thus everyone would benefit. But no, rather than accepting very small adjustments on entitlements now, we are destined for much bigger things in the near future as we doggedly insist on living for today. Folks, when Standard and Poors gives the US a negative rating, down from stable, it's a very big deal.

As I have said before, so desperate are the democrats to stay in power and so strong is thier contempt for anything non-liberal, they will merrily ride our country off the cliff rather than give in. If they can't rule, it's decry and defame and footdrag until the majority is reclaimed in congress. If civility and respect can't be restored in the "hallowed halls" the machine that is our government will grind to a halt. And, while we bicker, our enemies grow stronger and our will to remain a sovereign nation is weakened. Over 200 years of history means nothing. Now, the government will tell us what we think, and the mainstream media will be the medium. Whlle they insist everything is ok, we borrow nearly 17,000 dollars every minute.

Sorry if I got off topic a little bit there but these areas of interest go hand in hand.
^ 2 great posts
Who pays most of the taxes in the U.S.?

After getting my tax bill for this year, I'm inclined to say me... :eek:
Bob Seger Wrote:Per the Internal Revenue Service:

* Top 1% pays 38% of taxes
* Top 5% pays 59% of taxes
* Top 10% pays 70% of taxes
* Top 25% pays 86% of taxes.

* 45% pay nothing
Bought and paid for Democrat votes.