Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pirates 7 - Reds 6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final
I am glad that I didn't watch this series. I would have had to watch the Reds lose and hear George Grande CONSTANTLY call the Pirates the Buccos! UGH! We get it George, they are/were called the Buckos or whatever! That is like calling the Nationals the Expos or something, it gets old. Or the Reds the Redlegs.
Edison just cannot pitch!
I didn't get to watch the game, seems like the Reds hit really well which is good.

Volquez yet again can't start the game without giving it up, offense yet again bails him out.
It has to burn true Reds fans that Aaron Harang has FINALLY figured it out in San Diego.
LWC Wrote:It has to burn true Reds fans that Aaron Harang has FINALLY figured it out in San Diego.

He's in a better ballpark for pitchers.

And a couple of our pitchers are what's hurting the Reds right now, speaking of Volquez and Masset.
J-Rod Wrote:I didn't get to watch the game, seems like the Reds hit really well which is good.

Volquez yet again can't start the game without giving it up, offense yet again bails him out.

Reds were down I believe 5-3 and came back and tied it up, down 6-5 came back and tied it up and was down 7-6 in the bottom of the 9th with the Bases Loaded and I Think Stubbs was the batter, flew out to center ending the game. The Reds have some fight in this and won't lay down for anyone, don't matter how bad there down they will keep finding ways to win ball games and winning ball games will get you to the Post Season and Further. If they keep playing the way they are, they will be NL Central Champs Again and that's coming from a Cubs Fan
Interesting Volquez stat...

Volquez's ERA is 29.25 in the 1st inning, and 1.93 in all other innings.
Homer Bailey started his rehab assignment in Louisville.

He pitched 5 innings, gave up 2 hits, 0 runs, walked 1 batter & struck out 2.

Promising start.