Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Nky Girls Basketball
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Now, why is it that basketball is so much more competitive and just flat out better deep down in Kentucky than in Northern Kentucky? Is it that there is just more talent further down in Kentucky? I'd really like some honest feedback on this topic...
"TheFuzz357" Wrote:Now, why is it that basketball is so much more competitive and just flat out better deep down in Kentucky than in Northern Kentucky? Is it that there is just more talent further down in Kentucky? I'd really like some honest feedback on this topic...

Come on, Fuzzy . . . . .

Kentucky is basketball country. And the deeper you get into the Kentucky, the more important that it becomes. In NKY, there is plenty to do, plenty to see. In some of the other parts of Kentucky, it is a way of life. It is one of the best things to spend your time on. It is what kids do instead of wanting to get a job at Wendy's to pay for gas.

It is something that has been passed father to son, father/mother to daughter, etc, etc.

I would like to see a few opinions from others on this. I think that you would really get an interesting (and important) perspective.
"KentuckyHillBilly5321" Wrote:Come on, Fuzzy . . . . .

Kentucky is basketball country. And the deeper you get into the Kentucky, the more important that it becomes. In NKY, there is plenty to do, plenty to see. In some of the other parts of Kentucky, it is a way of life. It is one of the best things to spend your time on. It is what kids do instead of wanting to get a job at Wendy's to pay for gas.

It is something that has been passed father to son, father/mother to daughter, etc, etc.

I would like to see a few opinions from others on this. I think that you would really get an interesting (and important) perspective.
i think u done said all u can say about this topic u just put the nail in the coffin.nothin left to say
First of all, I will say this, how can you say that basketball is better here in "deep" Kentucky when a northern Ky school has won the girls championship every year since 2001. KyHillbilly, I am supri
I am going to chime in on this without a whole lot of knowledge of high school basketball, especially girls basketball. So if I make a mistake, please take it easy on me, with that said, how can it be that we are so much more talented here in "deep down Ky" when Northern Ky schools have won the girls championship every year since 2001, I cant believe you let that slide KHB. I dont know how to take your reply to this thread Hillbilly, at first I was mad because I saw the stereotypical northern opinion of us people from "other" parts of Ky, what with nothing to do but play ball to keep us from gettin minimum wage jobs to pay for our gas. However you were right about the other part of your response, it is a way of life here, although my father never played sports, my uncle and brother passed the love of the game along to me as well as many others in the region, I guess its just the importance of family here in this part of the state, we spend time with our kids and show and teach them the games we loved as we grew up, if its not the same in northern Ky, then I truly feel sorry for that region.