Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pregame Superstitions??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Was wanting to see what some of the superstitions that current and past basketball players did before games. Like put on the left sock before the right? Certain meals that they ate? What songs did they listen too? This could get interesting and bring back alot of memories?
Before games I wouldn't talk to anyone I would just nod or ingore them, my senior year I wore the same socks every game.
when i play at home i will wear a wrist band on my right arm and a leg band on my right leg...on away games i will wear the oppsite...and usually wear my lucky socks..lol
I have my lucky socks and underwear which i wear everygame and never wash... no J/K but i do tie my left show befor my right they have to be tied a certain way or i dont feel right. An i also don't like talking to anyone I try to get focused on the task befor me.
lol good thread
i just keep my lucky mardi gras baby with me
I knew at Jenkins when I was in school of a boy kissing each rim before every game. It was something to see because when we played away everyone would look at him and be like "What is he doing". Was definately something to see. We actually got a technical before a game because he didn't do it before the refs came out, and they T'd us up. But it seemed like he had 35 points that night, so I would trade 2-5 for 35, lol.
well i use to play basketball and did have pregame superstitons...But soccer on the other hand i never put on my jersey until we was about ready to play instead i wore my practice jersey...I always tied my right cleat b-4 the left...i listined to Atreyu and Techno b-4 every game...Me and my goley b-4 every game we had our own little things we said to one another...We as well made a circle where our coach would get in the middle and give us a pregame speech and then their is always the good luck kiss from my g/f but that was only b-4 games she was at...
I didn't play basketball, but in football I always wore the same t-shirt under my pads.
i didnt play basketball in high school but in football i used to wear my old, gray mid 80s steelers football shirt before every game, which i done for four years. But when i woke up every morning of gameday, before school, i would slap my home-made "play like a champion" sign hanging over the doorway of my bedroom before i left home.
I Don't Know If You Would Cal It Superstitions, But I Always Had A Set Routine To Follow Before Each Game.
well ok wayyyyyyyy back in the day when I played basketball the girls locker room had a tampon dispenser right by the door. So as we went out the door before the game we would punch:redboxer: the dispenser to take out our frustrations and get pumped up..lol needless to say the coach had to replace it a few times . But it worked we only lost one game that year and it was by 1 point in the district:HitWall: tourney.