Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Terrence Jones Heads Home To Think It Over
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As we close the book on another work week without word from Terrence Jones and Brandon Knight, we have one little nugget left to nibble on over the weekend. According to Kent Spencer, Josh Harrellson says Terrence Jones has headed home to Portland to meet with his familiy and decide whether or not he should leave Kentucky for an NBA paycheck. Jones, as you know, met with John Calipari this week to discuss the same thing. Does that mean he’ll have an answer by the time you start your commute back to the office Monday? We’ll just have to wait and see.

And so, we wait some more.

http://kentuckysportsradio.com/?p=78762
Hopefully his mom makes him stay!!
He did not WANT to play college basketball, he HAD to! I could care less if he goes or not.
whether he wanted to or not, he needs at least 1 and maybe 2 more years to work on a right hand. He was pretty easily handled after the first third of the season when teams really played that left hand. If he goes now he'll spend alot of time riding the bench.
^ he is one dimensional and will get exposed in the NBA. However, he has been allowed to play one handed for 19 years. He will not develop the right hand now that will ever be good enough for the NBA.
Stardust Wrote:^ he is one dimensional and will get exposed in the NBA. However, he has been allowed to play one handed for 19 years. He will not develop the right hand now that will ever be good enough for the NBA.

Agreed! Why hasn't a coach tried to develop his right hand? Look at how much more of a monster he would've been if the defender guarding him didn't know which way he was gonna dribble every time. :HitWall:
How many players can go two hands guys? I didnt realize that every good player in the NBA shot left and right handed.
I dont know about him he needs to stay everyone knows that but then you gotta think about orton the way his dad jacked that up. Thing is that he can still go to the NBA and work on his right hand and not worry about school or none of that stuff. Personally, I think the only one that is ready is Knight and he is the only one that may come back for another year.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:How many players can go two hands guys? I didnt realize that every good player in the NBA shot left and right handed.

Really? please point out a 3 (quasi) 4 that cannot dribble with their opposite hand in the NBA? I'd LOVE to know! We are not talking about Centers, we are talking about a player who MUST create his shot if he is going to make it in the NBA!
Stardust Wrote:Really? please point out a 3 (quasi) 4 that cannot dribble with their opposite hand in the NBA? I'd LOVE to know! We are not talking about Centers, we are talking about a player who MUST create his shot if he is going to make it in the NBA!
You are 100% correct. if you can't create your own shot at that position, it's off to the D-League in a hurry.
I have no problem with Jones leaving, it's his decision. We have a great class coming in..I know players are drafted on potential..He is slow, not really a lot of touch around the basket, and not really consistent from outside..I see him ending up in D-League.
Ah, I dont care if Jones comes back or not. He was a very inconsisent player and selfish at times but I think he needs another year to get prepare and get better for the NBA. Jones you should come back!
MVP2 Wrote:Ah, I dont care if Jones comes back or not. He was a very inconsisent player and selfish at times but I think he needs another year to get prepare and get better for the NBA. Jones you should come back!

He wasn't just selfish, he was a "Selfish Mother ........", or at least that's what Cal said:dontthink
Stardust Wrote:He wasn't just selfish, he was a "Selfish Mother ........", or at least that's what Cal said:dontthink

At least he didnt punch him

[Image: knight-cartoon.jpg]