Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lawrence-Magoffin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Shepherd is on the mound at LC at 5:30 any thoughts?
LC-7 MC-1
Dawgs in 5.
great performance by shepherd tonight, in 4 innings he has 10 of the outs with 9 being K's.. i believe he threw another no hitter and only had 1 walk which in my opinion, was a little faulty on the blues fault. congrats dawgs.
Why would you waste Shepherd on Magoffin? I know it's a district game , but come on.
Bob Seger Wrote:Why would you waste Shepherd on Magoffin? I know it's a district game , but come on.
Well they don't really need him against any of their next 4 so I guess use him in the game that matters.
My thoughts too Bob, indeed the district play but i think the players have mentioned Feltner has a strict rotation on his pitchers which is set for the whole year. my guess would be that is what in play tonight.
Panther Thunder Wrote:Well they don't really need him against any of their next 4 so I guess use him in the game that matters.

true statement as well
Dashiprock Wrote:My thoughts too Bob, indeed the district play but i think the players have mentioned Feltner has a strict rotation on his pitchers which is set for the whole year. my guess would be that is what in play tonight.

Would that mean that when they play JC that whomever is in the rotation will throw that night?

You think that Feltner might be helping him to stat pad, to get the Mr. Baseball award?
Bob Seger Wrote:Would that mean that when they play JC that whomever is in the rotation will throw that night?

to my understanding, thats the only possible thing that i could remember when seeing shepherd warm up at the beginning of the game.
Let me say this, if LC didnt throw Shepard tonight, Magoffin can beat LC. LC only won 6-0 with Shepard at his best. MC is a good Ball club
i would assume shep threw tonight because they have JC tuesday, do the math...

anyways, another no hitter for shepherd tonight and nearly a perfect game with only 1 walk and 14 k's maybe 16 im not sure.
he also stayed hot at the plate along with, banks, rice, and musick.
good defense behind shep as only a few balls was put into play.

Shep and the dawgs stay undefeated and have yet to give up a run to a district team.

yeah mr baseball resides in LC
baseballfan Wrote:Let me say this, if LC didnt throw Shepard tonight, Magoffin can beat LC. LC only won 6-0 with Shepard at his best. MC is a good Ball club

Shepherd pitching has nothing to do with LC's hitting, the game was alot worse then the score looked... Cline would have beat MC or even Banks. MC couldnt hit the ball tonight with a giant paddle..... i dont know where you came up to that conclusion
baseballfan Wrote:Let me say this, if LC didnt throw Shepard tonight, Magoffin can beat LC. LC only won 6-0 with Shepard at his best. MC is a good Ball club

Magoffin has scored only 4 runs the whole month of April. Not sure their a threat to beat anyone of quality.
LAsweetness Wrote:i would assume shep threw tonight because they have JC tuesday, do the math...

anyways, another no hitter for shepherd tonight and nearly a perfect game with only 1 walk and 14 k's maybe 16 im not sure.
he also stayed hot at the plate along with, banks, rice, and musick.
good defense behind shep as only a few balls was put into play.

Shep and the dawgs stay undefeated and have yet to give up a run to a district team.

yeah mr baseball resides in LC

:party2:
I don't care how many runs Magoffin has scored this month of April. They are a young team that is pretty talented. They are capable of playing with and beating anyone in the 15th except when Chandler pitches. Not sure that many in the 15th are going to hit him, he has god given abilities. Just looking at Magoffin's schedule from last year to this year it is much more difficult. They are on the right track and will upset a few teams this year. Mark it down.
well i believe LC could have put one of the JV 8th graders in and thumped magoffin.
shep pitched good hitting spots, good movement and velocity, he was on no matter who he was pitching against.
shep had around a dozen scouts there last night.....what a great way to represent lawrence county!
Absolutely he pitched great. There is no disputing that. I was at the game last night and he is the best high school pitcher that I have ever seen. I was around when Paintsville had Harmon and Slone, and when Central had Castle. He is a great pitcher. However, I do believe if anyone else is on the mound for LC then it is a 2 or 3 run game. You have your opinion, and I have mine. Mine of which is completely unbiased because I have nothing at stake for either of these teams. I am simply a fan of the game, and wanted to see Shep pitch again in person.
8th graders please. Lawrence probably wont make it out of region because shepherd cant pitch every night. I have seen their younger players, LC time to shine is fading, they come back to reality next year.
kai Wrote:8th graders please. Lawrence probably wont make it out of region because shepherd cant pitch every night. I have seen their younger players, LC time to shine is fading, they come back to reality next year.

Exactly. Contrary to what Sweet Pea the propaganda kids want to sputter on about, without Shepherd they are just in the middle of the pack with 3 or 4 other teams right now at best. Next year it's back to where they were after Blevins and Compton graduated. Scraping the bottom of the barrel with youth.
Shep might be the best high school pitcher I have seen since Chandler at Breathitt. He has a ton of upside; with his work ethic he'll be an SEC calibur pitcher, I even said, as a baseball fan, I will pay to see him play one day if he keeps progressing. Nobody in the 15th region is going to hit this kid. That being said, Magoffin has played some quality competition this season, a little different from past years. They do need to improve at the plate, that's for sure! I think it's hard to value a team with Shep on the mound, he's just so dominant! Best of luck to both teams the rest of the way!
There was 6 scouts there last night, and what a show he put on going 4/4 2 doubles 1 single and a homerun, also was walked once and hit with a pitch twice. 14Ks and nearly a perfect game considering the 1 walk. to add it was a no hitter.

Cant say a JV player could "thump" Magoffin but non the less IMO Cline and Banks very well could have.
Dashiprock Wrote:There was 6 scouts there last night, and what a show he put on going 4/4 2 doubles 1 single and a homerun, also was walked once and hit with a pitch twice. 14Ks and nearly a perfect game considering the 1 walk. to add it was a no hitter.

Cant say a JV player could "thump" Magoffin but non the less IMO Cline and Banks very well could have.
I can tell you right now, that you was not at the game last night, I cant remember all the stats last night but shepard did not go 4/4 last night. No body hit a homerun, Shep was only hit once last night. Also Shepard struck out on his last plate appearance.

I will say, he was Dominant last night on the mound and many teams would not of hit him. Pitching did effect Magoffin bats last night, if LC put anyone else on the mound this would of a been a 1 or 2 run ball game.
D IT UP Wrote:Magoffin has scored only 4 runs the whole month of April. Not sure their a threat to beat anyone of quality.
The Teams MC played in the moth of April
Butler, Franklin-Simpion, Hancock County, North Bullitt

They were very quality teams with great talent.
baseballfan Wrote:I can tell you right now, that you was not at the game last night, I cant remember all the stats last night but shepard did not go 4/4 last night. No body hit a homerun, Shep was only hit once last night. Also Shepard struck out on his last plate appearance.

I will say, he was Dominant last night on the mound and many teams would not of hit him. Pitching did effect Magoffin bats last night, if LC put anyone else on the mound this would of a been a 1 or 2 run ball game.

i can tell you right now there was a game after the MC game. those were all stats from last night not just one game. No strike outs last night were on him sorry.... As for the bold, your right MC would have MAYBE scored one or two runs but yet LC still had 6.
15th Region Pride Wrote:Shep might be the best high school pitcher I have seen since Chandler at Breathitt. He has a ton of upside; with his work ethic he'll be an SEC calibur pitcher, I even said, as a baseball fan, I will pay to see him play one day if he keeps progressing. Nobody in the 15th region is going to hit this kid. That being said, Magoffin has played some quality competition this season, a little different from past years. They do need to improve at the plate, that's for sure! I think it's hard to value a team with Shep on the mound, he's just so dominant! Best of luck to both teams the rest of the way!

Ton of upside?.....probably has some. I wouldn't particularly say a ton. He's pretty developed.

I remember seeing a rag tag bunch out of Pikeville and Paintsville go down to Lexington and face a pitcher from #1 ranked Lafayette, that was Kentucky's Mr. Baseball for that year and ended up being a first round draft choice as well. He is the best high school pitcher that I have personally ever seen, by the way. For 7 innings he dropped below 91 only three times with his fastball. He hit 87 once, 89 once and 90 once. Everything else was 91 and above. He also had an 86 MPH curve ball that started at your head and ended up belt high across the plate. He was still hitting on this day this kid 95 in the 7th. (Note : This pitcher bottoms out about where Shepherd tops out) Scouts were there that day as well. This kid had 16 strike outs and allowed one hit this day. AND GOT BEAT!!!! by dem bunch aboys from the 15th region that couldn't hit either.

By the way some may have seen the name of Chas Roe on the Rockies Major League roster at the end of last season.

All this may mean nothing but it does make a point that great pitchers can be beat by teams that they shouldn't get beat even when they walk away with overpowering pitching performances. And again by the way Lafayette's supporting cast was way better than this years version of the Bulldogs. This day even that was not enough.

Bottom line is I wouldn't count any team out even if Chandler is on the mound. Sometimes Stuff happens!!!!
baseballfan Wrote:I can tell you right now, that you was not at the game last night, I cant remember all the stats last night but shepard did not go 4/4 last night. No body hit a homerun, Shep was only hit once last night. Also Shepard struck out on his last plate appearance.

Appears we have a pretty wide variation on the account of the events that took place here.:yikes:
Bob Seger Wrote:Ton of upside?.....probably has some. I wouldn't particularly say a ton. He's pretty developed.

I remember seeing a rag tag bunch out of Pikeville and Paintsville go down to Lexington and face a pitcher from #1 ranked Lafayette, that was Kentucky's Mr. Baseball for that year and ended up being a first round draft choice as well. He is the best high school pitcher that I have personally ever seen, by the way. For 7 innings he dropped below 91 only three times with his fastball. He hit 87 once, 89 once and 90 once. Everything else was 91 and above. He also had an 86 MPH curve ball that started at your head and ended up belt high across the plate. He was still hitting on this day this kid 95 in the 7th. (Note : This pitcher bottoms out about where Shepherd tops out) Scouts were there that day as well. This kid had 16 strike outs and allowed one hit this day. AND GOT BEAT!!!! by dem bunch aboys from the 15th region that couldn't hit either.

By the way some may have seen the name of Chas Roe on the Rockies Major League roster at the end of last season.

All this may mean nothing but it does make a point that great pitchers can be beat by teams that they shouldn't get beat even when they walk away with overpowering pitching performances. And again by the way Lafayette's supporting cast was way better than this years version of the Bulldogs. This day even that was not enough.

Bottom line is I wouldn't count any team out even if Chandler is on the mound. Sometimes Stuff happens!!!!
I would've love to see that team play some summer games.
Bob Seger Wrote:Appears we have a pretty wide variation on the account of the events that took place here.:yikes:

i can assure im right, that post was coming from the same guy saying that MC is a good ball club hitting less runs in a month then LC did in one night.
Bob Seger Wrote:Appears we have a pretty wide variation on the account of the events that took place here.:yikes:

Chan did hit a HR last night it was just not this game it was Belfry.
Pages: 1 2