Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Padres 3 - Reds 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final

Padres rally in the 9th to win.

Nick Masset Sucks, he couldn't win or hold a game to save his life
Tough loss.
Masset just sucks right now. He got off to a slow start last year too, but as of right now, he is struggling pretty bad. I will say that Chapman didn't give him much to work with tonight and I am getting worried about Chapman.

I wonder if something is wrong with him that we don't know about. Last night and tonight I don't think Chapman got over 95 mph on the radar. For a guy that regularly throws over 100 mph to only be throwing 91 or 92...something seems wrong.

Overall, the Reds won the series, so I can't say I'm dissapointed, but hate it when they lose the game in a heartbreaker. I'd almost rather see them getting blown out in the 5th so that I can turn the channel and not get tied up in the game.
Tough one to swallow but Like CE said the won the series. Should be a good set of games coming up with the pirates this weekend and I hope we can continue our winning ways.
Masset just needs a motivater right now, a good thing for him to do is to demote him not out of the MLB team but to one of the first set-up guys and not on the back side of it.

He is leaving his pitches to high and batters are just crushing everything he throws.

He needs to work on his pitches more lower.
J-Rod Wrote:Masset just needs a motivater right now, a good thing for him to do is to demote him not out of the MLB team but to one of the first set-up guys and not on the back side of it.

He is leaving his pitches to high and batters are just crushing everything he throws.

He needs to work on his pitches more lower.

And who would take on the late reliever slot? Right now your options are Ondrusek and Chapman, and unfortunately you can't use Ondrusek every night, even though he's been pretty solid. And Chapman has something going on with him right now, his velocity is down and he's throwing wild pitches. It's like the Chapman we saw in Spring Training.

Right now, I wouldn't care to see Masset sent back down, but I don't know if that would help or hurt him. Every game he comes in at this point, I get nervous and think, "oh great, here goes the game."
Gotta find a way to win these type of games.
itzAmazing Wrote:Gotta find a way to win these type of games.

Well, they do, for the most part. Look at Opening Day and look at the 2nd game in this series. Both, late-game comebacks. They did it last year and have done it this year.

The only problem is, that when you live by the sword, you occasionally die by the sword. They've proven they can comeback late in the game and pull out wins, sometimes they just don't work out and they drop one.

I'm more worried about our bullpen. Masset needs to be put in during the 6th (if at all) until he gets some confidence back.
We are 8-4, I'm not complaining about being in 1st place Wink
SK said it best.
MASSETT SUCKS.
Hope its not to late to make some changes...