Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pikeville 1 Allen Central 0 (All A Semi-finals)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hamilton gets the win.
Good game.

Worst game I've seen by Pikeville.

Tomorrow night vs Prestonsburg for the hardware. 6:00
Pikeville did not play poorly. A lot of guys hit the ball very hard, but right at the guys. And the defense/pitching was superb. But the bats are going to have to find ways to sequence some things together. It doesn't mean much if you hit 8 rockets per game and only two of them are in the same inning, which is what it seemed like tonight. Some guys are going to have to step up and get into a rhythm. This is not super shocking though. This was a team last year that struggled to score runs on a consistent basis for long stretches at different times. Last year about this time they went on a roll beating JC, SC, ER, and some others by 10+. And in the postseason they got hot. They have yet to hit a streak like that this year, but better for it to be at the end than the start anyway. They will still be a tough team, but to be an elite team you need to be able to put up 5-6 on good teams.

Still, 9-0. One more tomorrow. Let's Go Panthers!
congrats pikeville, sloppy win but always nice to add another tally to the W column. ill take them over pburg and make a long run in the All A state bracket. rep the 15th well panthers!
This score surprises me. Is AC that good?
Panther Thunder Wrote:Pikeville did not play poorly. A lot of guys hit the ball very hard, but right at the guys. And the defense/pitching was superb. But the bats are going to have to find ways to sequence some things together. It doesn't mean much if you hit 8 rockets per game and only two of them are in the same inning, which is what it seemed like tonight. Some guys are going to have to step up and get into a rhythm. This is super shocking though. This was a team last year that struggled to score runs on a consistent basis for long stretches at different times. Last year about this time they went on a roll beating JC, SC, ER, and some others by 10+. And in the postseason they got hot. They have yet to hit a streak like that this year, but better for it to be at the end than the start anyway. They will still be a tough team, but to be an elite team you need to be able to put up 5-6 on good teams.

Still, 9-0. One more tomorrow. Let's Go Panthers!

thanks for the game overview PT. i guess i take back my sloppy win quote. do you have an idea on who will pitch in the ship?
Dashiprock Wrote:thanks for the game overview PT. i guess i take back my sloppy win quote. do you have an idea on who will pitch in the ship?
I've heard multiple things, but the last and most reliable thing I heard was Cecil. And no problem, when I think sloppy i think bad D. And the D was solid. I would take holding teams to 0 all day long. But the bats do have to get going. More ground balls are a must, even some line drives are hanging in the air long enough for outfielders to snag them. For as much as I, and others, have given grief for LC on the offensive side, we haven't done much ourselves. But, I do think this team can be a better offensive team on a good day for both clubs. I hate turning everything into a PHS/LC comparison, but the teams are very comparable and pretty even. Thus, the comparison draw themselves.
MisterPerfect Wrote:This score surprises me. Is AC that good?
Just from what I have seen in two games, They were more solid defensively than SC and the pitcher threw a pretty good ball game. Decent velocity and decent location. But AC looks lost in the box. A lot of bad swings tonight.
Good post, PT. Hitting has to get more consistent and not leave runners on base, like last night. It'll come though...