Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lou. Central 2011
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
this morning an old pikeville college buddy of mine whose son now plays for the Belfry Pirates emailed me this 2011 schedule for the Lou. Central YellowJackets. Not sure how official this is, but obviously Belfry supporters already got their eyes on it.

Aug. 19: @ Lou. Manual
Aug. 27: vs. Goodpasture TN (at papa johns cardinal stadium)
Sept. 2: vs. Lou. Desales
Sept. 9: vs. Lou. Ballard
Sept. 16: @ Lou. Western
Sept. 23: vs. Lou. St. Xavier
Sept. 30: BYE
Oct. 7: @ Elizabethtown*
Oct. 14: vs. Henry County*
Oct. 21: @ Larue County*
Oct. 28: vs. Lou. PRP
*-denotes class 3A, district 3, district game.

I have to admit, as soon as I saw what team was on Lou. Central's schedule on October 14th, I immediately thought of "OldHenryMan",Bluegrass Rivals #1 source for all things Henry County Football. OldHenryMan, if you're reading this post, just want you to know that my family and I will be keeping you in our thoughts and prayers on October 14th! Good Luck to Coach Ty Scroggins and his Yellowjackets in defending their 3A crown in 2011!
also remember bell dropped down to 3A and will probably play central in week 2 of the playoffs and possibly tillman week3. central's road to the state wont be easy, yes you have to give them the upper hand but it is not a cake walk.
very good point johnnyt..i forgot all about Bell dropping to 3A, things could get interesting, especially with Bell having new coach since Dudley Hilton made the jump to Pikeville College. Bell vs Central would be a showdown, and i would make the road trip in to see it if it happens, just as i did for Tilghman vs Central last yr in the semi finals. it was a Fast game to say the least. Speed vs Speed. When i made the weekend visit to BG lst year for the title games, i thought Belfry was going to give Central everything they could handle, heck, EVERYONE was pretty confident in Belfry giving central a showdown, but it was a blowout by halftime due to Central's obvious over whelming amount of speed. Bell have any speed this season? best of luck to the Bobcats in 2011!
thats not the type of schdule were are used to seening from there, usally ALOT tougher..
bell's has speed, but i am not sure if their overall team speed can match central's.
cuppett777 Wrote:thats not the type of schdule were are used to seening from there, usally ALOT tougher..

They play 4 6A schools, Western and Desales should be decent, and IDK much abou the TN team. Still is VERY difficult but I think last year they also played Male!
johnnyt Wrote:bell's has speed, but i am not sure if their overall team speed can match central's.

Our speed doesn't even compare to that of Central. We have one kid with the kind of speed Central has. Going to be very difficult.
johnnyt Wrote:bell's has speed, but i am not sure if their overall team speed can match central's.

Dont you have to get by CORBIN first.
Not to make the playoffs. Remember they take 4 teams. Corbin will be good but maybe a year away from that talk.
It's VERY FEW teams in the state whose speed can be compared to Central's
Pigskinman53 Wrote:It's VERY FEW teams in the state whose speed can be compared to Central's

agree 100%.. Saw them play twice last season (vs. Tilghman, and State Final vs Belfry) and was completely in awe of their overall team speed on both sides of the ball. it was jaw-dropping speed to say the least, both times i watched them play. Also, it's a very scary fact for all other 3A teams that Central only loses like 8 seniors(i think) from last years title team...WOW. And if i am not mistaken, when i was at the state final game i looked in the program and they had about 4 freshman and 3 sophomores starting on defense..looks like Ty Scroggins has something very very special brewing down at Lou. Central, and could make a serious title streak run the next 3-4 years.
Pigskinman53 Wrote:They play 4 6A schools, Western and Desales should be decent, and IDK much abou the TN team. Still is VERY difficult but I think last year they also played Male!

just saying couple yrs ago, they had,Highlands,St.X, Trinity, and other Lou schools, al the 6a schools there playing this year did beat them last yr,Desales is a 2a which i dont think will stay close, and i think they handle Western asw ell, the Goodpasture team was 13-2 last year,they lost in the finals of 3a in TN, to none other than Alcoa 56-14,, no matter what there team to beat agin in 3A.
cuppett777 Wrote:just saying couple yrs ago, they had,Highlands,St.X, Trinity, and other Lou schools, al the 6a schools there playing this year did beat them last yr,Desales is a 2a which i dont think will stay close, and i think they handle Western asw ell, the Goodpasture team was 13-2 last year,they lost in the finals of 3a in TN, to none other than Alcoa 56-14,, no matter what there team to beat agin in 3A.

Yeah I agree Central will be the team to beat in 3A and if that Goodpasture team is that good it should be an excellant game.
Pigskinman53 Wrote:Yeah I agree Central will be the team to beat in 3A and if that Goodpasture team is that good it should be an excellant game.

thats right i dont know if anybody in the state of ky, could beat Alcoa,lol
cuppett777 Wrote:just saying couple yrs ago, they had,Highlands,St.X, Trinity, and other Lou schools, al the 6a schools there playing this year did beat them last yr,Desales is a 2a which i dont think will stay close, and i think they handle Western asw ell, the Goodpasture team was 13-2 last year,they lost in the finals of 3a in TN, to none other than Alcoa 56-14,, no matter what there team to beat agin in 3A.

wrong , they beat 6A regional finalist Lafeyette at their place last year
I'm getting ahead of myself but I'd love to see a Louisville Central/Bell County match-up. Two completely different types of teams. It would be interesting to say the least. Hopefully it works out that way.
Coachdad Wrote:wrong , they beat 6A regional finalist Lafeyette at their place last year
looked @ it wrong, your right..
former Wrote:Dont you have to get by CORBIN first.

Bell will be a 2 td better team than Corbin this year, but in a few years Corbin will be the team to beat got some very good young talent coming up
If you see a Bell/Central match up it will have to be in the state-semi final game... they are in the West... both of them.... It could be either/or of them going to state... against whomever comes out of the East....
phs1986 Wrote:If you see a Bell/Central match up it will have to be in the state-semi final game... they are in the West... both of them.... It could be either/or of them going to state... against whomever comes out of the East....

or it could be neither,lol wouldnt that be something.
cuppett777 Wrote:or it could be neither,lol wouldnt that be something.

You never know! :biggrin:

But like you, I doubt it.
phs1986 Wrote:If you see a Bell/Central match up it will have to be in the state-semi final game... they are in the West... both of them.... It could be either/or of them going to state... against whomever comes out of the East....

Not so fast.

You would see a Bell County/Central match-up in the 3rd Round-Region Finals at the latest. They are in each others region.

Class 3A District 3 is:
Central
LaRue County
Henry County
E-town

District 4
Corbin
Bell County
Casey County
Wayne County
McCreary Central

Technically, you could see Central and Bell square off in the 1st round, but one of them would have to be a 4 seed in their district while the other being a #1 seed. Realistically, though, there are better odds of Butler making it to the Final Four the next 5 years than Central and Bell meeting up in the 1st round of the playoffs.
Fly Like a Duck Wrote:Not so fast.

You would see a Bell County/Central match-up in the 3rd Round-Region Finals at the latest. They are in each others region.

That would be a nice playoff match-up
Will that presumptive matchup be at Bell this year?
I wasnt' stating they wouldn't play in the playoffs... That's a possiblity.. JUST not in the State Chip.... 2 teams from the same area can't play each other....
phs1986 Wrote:I wasnt' stating they wouldn't play in the playoffs... That's a possiblity.. JUST not in the State Chip.... 2 teams from the same area can't play each other....

You've lost me now. Your original statement said "If you want to see a Bell and Central match-up it will have to be in the state semi final game." Yes, they could play in the playoffs, but it wouldn't be in the semi-state, it would be before. That was all I was saying. :Thumbs:

Area as in their KHSAA specified region? Or area as in their geographical area? Apparently the KHSAA needs clarification in this area. :blabbermo
Tica Wrote:Will that presumptive matchup be at Bell this year?

Depends. If Central somehow ends up being the 2nd seed in their district and Bell is the #1 in theirs, then yes, it would be at Bell.

If both end up being #1 seeds in their respective districts, like everybody predicts, then they would play at Central this year. It's an odd year and Central is the odd district within the region (District 3).
Bell cO. to louisville anybody have an ida how long a trip that will be?
Pigskinman53 Wrote:Bell cO. to louisville anybody have an ida how long a trip that will be?

According to Google Maps, from Louisville Central High School to Bell County High School it's only a short 199 miles (3 hours and 24 minutes). KHSAA powers to be should be ashamed.

Even worse, a potential State Semi game could match up Bell County and Paducah Tilghman, which is a 346 mile trip, only about 5 hours and 45 minutes.

The really sad part about the later trip? Bell County to Charleston, South Carolina is only a 400 mile trip. So, essentially, Bell Countians would be better off taking a trip to the beach in terms of length and time.:redboxer:
Cawood used to be in the same region as Highlands and Covington Catholic.
When you have six classes, drawing the lines can be very tricky. Central must be the only 3 team in Louisville, so they aren't going to have a lot of natural rivals in their district.
Pages: 1 2