Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Southwestern 2011
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Aug 20, 11 Boone County at Eastern Kentucky University 5:30 PM (Roy Kidd Bowl)
Aug 26, 11 Rowan County at Somerset 6:00 PM (Ray Correll Bowl)
Sep 9, 11 Marion County away 7:30 PM
Sep 16, 11 Danville home 7:30 PM
Sep 23, 11 Madison Southern away 7:30 PM
Sep 30, 11 South Laurel home 7:30 PM
Oct 7, 11 North Laurel home 7:30 PM
Oct 14, 11 Lincoln County away 7:30 PM
Oct 21, 11 Pulaski County away 7:30 PM
Oct 28, 11 Christian County home 8:30 PM (Don Marshall Bowl)

What can we expect from the Warriors in 2011?
Another tough slate for the Blue & Orange, that's for sure. From what I am hearing the Warriors are as loaded as they were in '06. That's saying a WHOLE lot!!!!

No doubt it will come down to SW & PC for the District crown. Unfortunatley they are in one of the weaker districts in the state. But at the same time, they get a shot at a title yearly.
Call me crazy but this district will be much improved IMO.
CCRadioSports Wrote:Another tough slate for the Blue & Orange, that's for sure. From what I am hearing the Warriors are as loaded as they were in '06. That's saying a WHOLE lot!!!!

No doubt it will come down to SW & PC for the District crown. Unfortunatley they are in one of the weaker districts in the state. But at the same time, they get a shot at a title yearly.

Yeah, I totally agree. After a small, 4 person senior class last season, the Warriors will have a loaded one in 2011
Who is going to be the OC & DB coach since Spencer left...?
I haven't heard anything yet. I'm sure Coach Anderson will go back to calling the plays now.
I wish they could have extended the contract between SW and Rockcastle. The last two seasons have been pretty good, close games. Even if Rockcastle did come out on the losing end both times, they were entertaining games.
papagrit Wrote:I wish they could have extended the contract between SW and Rockcastle. The last two seasons have been pretty good, close games. Even if Rockcastle did come out on the losing end both times, they were entertaining games.

Yeah, I totally agree. In 2009, SW scored on a last-minute touchdown pass. Last season, it was just a grind it out football game. Both were great and exciting games to watch.
Just noticed on the SW schedule that they'll be playing in the Roy Kidd Bowl at EKU in Week 0.

Great idea! Is this the first year of that bowl game? If so, it is LONG overdue!

What other teams will be there besides Boone County and Southwestern?

I'm there!
Gitback Coach Wrote:Just noticed on the SW schedule that they'll be playing in the Roy Kidd Bowl at EKU in Week 0.

Great idea! Is this the first year of that bowl game? If so, it is LONG overdue!

What other teams will be there besides Boone County and Southwestern?

I'm there!

I do know that Madison Central and Letcher Co. Central will be playing in the second game of the evening.
which Pulaski spreads it out??
Don't count out South Laurel, I hear they have kids benching like 500, they may compete for the crown in this district next year, and Madison Southern got a new coach. Who else is in this district??
Sasquach Wrote:which Pulaski spreads it out??

They have been known to the run the veer but the offense may change depending on the quarterback.
Sasquach Wrote:Don't count out South Laurel, I hear they have kids benching like 500, they may compete for the crown in this district next year, and Madison Southern got a new coach. Who else is in this district??

Also what makes this interesting is that former SW star and hall of famer Boone is coaching at MS now. MS new coach and Boone were teammates at Ohio. I dont know but Im guessing Dale isnt happy about that one.
BIG things are expected from this team!! Coach A has been talking about a state title to this team!!
coach42 Wrote:BIG things are expected from this team!! Coach A has been talking about a state title to this team!!

Southwestern should be improved to the point where they win a playoff game for the first time since 2006 but a state title is not happening.
I am hearing the head coach from casey county last year, will replace Spencer. This should be a great team, that will win a lot of games this year if they stay healthy.

Pulaski Co. is the school that spreads it out on offense.

I agree with Norm, I dont think they will win the state championship but I think they can play in week 3 or 4 in the playoffs this year. I look forward to watching them play.
Yes, I've heard the same thing about the Casey Co. coach coming to SWHS. I think this year's team will be better than the 2006 squad that made it all the way to the regional finals. It should be a good season for the 'Blue and Orange.' However, the Warriors have avoid getting beat in the first round of the playoffs.
I've been talking state final for both Pulaski and Southwestern ever since the new alignment came out. If they can win their Region (Harlan Co, Whitley) then they could either one make the state finals. The Eastern Half of 5A is depleted with realignment and both of the big local schools have a shot of the finals in the next 4 years.....but you gonna half to beat Harlan County when it counts...in the playoffs to get there.

SW should be much improved this year, Good Luck!
Talk about a tough way to start and end the regular season!! Should get them ready for the playoffs though!
A lot of changes for Southwestern. Senior quarterback Zack Turpin is out until September with a thumb injury that he sustained in a baseball game. Junior Logan Starnes has been named the current quarterback for the Warriors.
GetChili Wrote:A lot of changes for Southwestern. Senior quarterback Zack Turpin is out until September with a thumb injury that he sustained in a baseball game. Junior Logan Starnes has been named the current quarterback for the Warriors.

Could be a blessing in disguise. Starnes would be a much more physical runner than Turpin and Southwestern's passing game has always been shaky at best anyway. He could be a good fit under center. When Turpin comes back they could have 2 quarterbacks ready to take snaps that would give defenses 2 different looks. If Turpin takes back over as the starter they could put in a package for Starnes for a series or 2 a game.
Norm Peterson Wrote:Could be a blessing in disguise. Starnes would be a much more physical runner than Turpin and Southwestern's passing game has always been shaky at best anyway. He could be a good fit under center. When Turpin comes back they could have 2 quarterbacks ready to take snaps that would give defenses 2 different looks. If Turpin takes back over as the starter they could put in a package for Starnes for a series or 2 a game.

And having to choose between multiple Potential QB's is probably the best "problem" a team could have.
BeReal Wrote:And having to choose between multiple Potential QB's is probably the best "problem" a team could have.

Yeah, very good point.