Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: BYU tells Jimmer Fredette NOT to return to campus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
They already are the unquestioned champion of the strangest storyline of the season with Brandon Davies’ suspension for engaging in some premarital relations and now BYU is making some headlines with another odd decision. The house that Steve Young’s great great great grandfather built (or at least bears his name) has told Jimmer Fredette to not return to campus from his trip to win the Wooden Award and appear on Jimmy Kimmel because he’s become too much of a distraction to the other students. Apparently Jimmer Mania is gripping the campus. Now, the school that didn’t really seem to have a problem having a little piece of the frenzy has asked Fredette to finish his coursework from home.

http://kentuckysportsradio.com/?p=78391
This might be the worst school to attend in the nation.
Im not sure why any kid would sign to play college ball there.
One little thing and youre done.
Way to strict.
Bolt Wrote:This might be the worst school to attend in the nation.
Im not sure why any kid would sign to play college ball there.
One little thing and youre done.
Way to strict.

Religious School. They Worship the Creator (God) before the Creation
^
I know thats why i said i dont know why a college kid, whos obviously going to experiment with different things or in the one guys case, other people lol, would go there no matter how religious they are.
This is crazy! I'm a huge religious person! But this is passed the point of strict.
Strikeout King Wrote:Religious School. They Worship the Creator (God) before the Creation

AMEN, need more of them...
cuppett777 Wrote:AMEN, need more of them...

That's how it should be. Give God all the credit because he's the one that blessed you with the talent you have.
It's nice to see an administration put their foot down on something like that.
It really puts things in perspective.
However......
I think they are making an example out of our buddy Jimmer Wink
^Well I think the whole thing is rediculous..
Good luck ever getting another good player BYU. Crazy Mormons.
I won't touch the comment about the Mormons, but I do agree. This will affect recruiting. But let's be real, why was Jimmer at BYU in the first place???????? UCLA, Washington, Arizona, if those schools would have came calling, we would not be talking about this.
BYU is absolutley insane and selfish at that matter.
At least he didn't have sex, but I doubt that I'd say he sees it more then anyone there.
Dashiprock Wrote:BYU is absolutley insane and selfish at that matter.

Why - It's a school rule. Each athlete when accepting the $40K scholarship accepted these rules in writing, the same as we did when accepting membership to this website. Rules are rules. Some may be stupid, but if you sign the acknowledgement saying you accept and will abide by the rules, then what is STUPID - the rule, or the individual who signed the rule?
Stardust Wrote:Why - It's a school rule. Each athlete when accepting the $40K scholarship accepted these rules in writing, the same as we did when accepting membership to this website. Rules are rules. Some may be stupid, but if you sign the acknowledgement saying you accept and will abide by the rules, then what is STUPID - the rule, or the individual who signed the rule?
What rule did he break?? Nothing from that article mentioned a specific rule violation.

Section F Paragraph 4 line 2: "Thou shalt not be more popular than at least the The Youngest Wayans brother."

How is he supposed to control his popularity? Go the Michael Vick route?
Stardust Wrote:I won't touch the comment about the Mormons, but I do agree. This will affect recruiting. But let's be real, why was Jimmer at BYU in the first place???????? UCLA, Washington, Arizona, if those schools would have came calling, we would not be talking about this.

I was watching a BYU game this season and the broadcasters were talking and they said that Jimmer was from upstate New York and that if he weren't Mormon, then he would have probably went to Syracuse or another Big East school.
Panther Thunder Wrote:What rule did he break?? Nothing from that article mentioned a specific rule violation.

Section F Paragraph 4 line 2: "Thou shalt not be more popular than at least the The Youngest Wayans brother."

Confusedhh: :worthy: I don't think SD has a comeback for that one.
Very strange situation all around. I like the strict rules and the fact that BYU enforces them.
If anyone takes the time to study the history of the mormom church and all of its absurdity, especailly Joesph Smith the man, then nothing they do would suprise you. The Jimmer was attracting way too much outside attention toward the shcool. They don't want anybody learning about their magic mormon parties!
Stardust Wrote:Why - It's a school rule. Each athlete when accepting the $40K scholarship accepted these rules in writing, the same as we did when accepting membership to this website. Rules are rules. Some may be stupid, but if you sign the acknowledgement saying you accept and will abide by the rules, then what is STUPID - the rule, or the individual who signed the rule?

i never said it was stupid rules are rules but i think its absurd that BYU would be that selfish to not let Jimmer have the glory for all he has worked for and even yet for BYU. He has led and carried the team the whole way and is getting praised for it but yet punished by the school he chose to represent... I guess signing for BYU means you shouldnt even try to win or do good for yourself or youll be sent home.
Panther Thunder Wrote:What rule did he break?? Nothing from that article mentioned a specific rule violation.

great post.