Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Dylan Creech-Wolfe County
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
How good is Dylan Creech for Wolfe Co, is he D-1 good? He set the record last season for RBIs with 99 as a freshman. He has 7 HRs in this early season and I believe he hit 5 homeruns in one game against Menifee Co. Now, that is impressive!

Keep up the hard work kid.
MVP2 Wrote:How good is Dylan Creech for Wolfe Co, is he D-1 good? He set the record last season for RBIs with 99 as a freshman. He has 7 HRs in this early season and I believe he hit 5 homeruns in one game against Menifee Co. Now, that is impressive!

He's a very good athlete. he hit 5 or 6 Home Runs in one night in a double header against Menifee at the beginning of the season.

This video shows his homerun in the game against the Kentucky Hitmen from when the summer team he plays on in Lexington played last summer.
He is a great kid- and a great athlete!
MVP2 Wrote:How good is Dylan Creech for Wolfe Co, is he D-1 good? He set the record last season for RBIs with 99 as a freshman. He has 7 HRs in this early season and I believe he hit 5 homeruns in one game against Menifee Co. Now, that is impressive!

Dylan hit 6 homeruns in 6 consecutive at bats to break the state record and tie the national record. He grounded out on the 7th at-bat and hit another homerun at the 8th at-bat against Richmond Model. He is 12 for 20 on the season with 7 homeruns and 20 RBI's. He has already been walked 16 times this season, many of them being intentional. He was also named Louisville Slugger Honorable Mention All American.
I hope he continues this throughout the entire season!
Dallas!
I am sure he is a great talent, but keep in mind the pitching he has been seeing? Dylan has good mechanics(for the most part) and a quick release from behind the plate. However, personally I think his bat speed is way too slow for him to be a D1 athlete? He has plenty of time to correct this, but until he does I don't see him on that level. That's just my opinion though......
I wish Wolfe County would play teams other then Menifee and Model. Start scheduling JC, Lawrence, Paintsvillle, Pikeville, etc and then lets see what the numbers look like.
JCHS Alumni Eagle Wrote:I wish Wolfe County would play teams other then Menifee and Model. Start scheduling JC, Lawrence, Paintsvillle, Pikeville, etc and then lets see what the numbers look like.
Bingo Bango Bongo
Here we go again. And so early in the year. I expected this thread to be around the last 2 weeks of the season.
Id like to see him try to hit off of evan potter or mikie slone of knott co
Panther Thunder Wrote:Bingo Bango Bongo

Dylan Creech went 0-2 against Estill County pitching. In the 5 inning game that ended 11 - 1. I think it was a strikeout and a pop up to shallow right.
How many times has Dylan been held back. I heard once at Breathitt and once at Wolfe county. If that is the case, he should be a senior. His numbers are still impressive, but this puts them in a little better perspective.
I think he went 1-3 with a strike out against Morgan Co....with the one hit being a blooper....so not that impressive...
I wasn't saying that the kid can't play ball. He could start on our team. He is a good ball player. All Im saying is that his numbers are very much inflated due to the teams he plays. I'm sure due to the fact that an error can't be assumed the stats he has are accurate. I just think that better competition would not only promote him, but would also allow him to get average numbers and let all people agree he is an above average high school baseball player. I think it would do away with much of the complaining, assuming he would hit above 350 against good competition.
hes a good player, hits against awful pitching tho
56th district fan Wrote:How many times has Dylan been held back. I heard once at Breathitt and once at Wolfe county. If that is the case, he should be a senior. His numbers are still impressive, but this puts them in a little better perspective.
He was held back once in Breathitt County (7th grade). He should be a junior this year.
JustTrying Wrote:I don't think he could start for you guys. His cousin goes to Powell County and they are the same age, but Dylan is a soph. How does that work? How could he play his senior year? Also heard he has multiple birth certificates.
I have seen this kid play alot and he can play. As for the competition, You need to do a little research before you start to bash a kid on here. I'm not a fan of Wolfe's by no means, but I am a fan of this kid and have done my homework on him. He's played in Lexington each summer for a long time, also played with the Indiania Prospects as well as The Bobby Valentine All-American Team. So he is competing against the best year in and year out and from the folks in Lexington baseball circles that i've talked to, he absoluteltly kills the ball down there as well. I have also talked to some college coaches and the word is yes he is a D-1 prospect and he really impressed at the UK showcase in the Fall. As for your comment, Just Trying, about his age, I'm sure he was held back once. That's not unusual, but no one would hold their son back twice and cause them to be inelgible. The kid seems to be a very nice young man that works very hard and we all should celebrate that and not try to tear him down. Let's all root for these kids and build them up and encourage them along the way. He's a mountain kid that's getting national attention and that's good for all of us. We should take pride in that.

Good luck to you young man. Keep up the hard work.
Last year in the Regional Tournament, I think he only had 1 hit and no RBI's while Wolfe got 10 runned by Letcher.
JCHS Alumni Eagle Wrote:I wasn't saying that the kid can't play ball. He could start on our team. He is a good ball player. All Im saying is that his numbers are very much inflated due to the teams he plays. I'm sure due to the fact that an error can't be assumed the stats he has are accurate. I just think that better competition would not only promote him, but would also allow him to get average numbers and let all people agree he is an above average high school baseball player. I think it would do away with much of the complaining, assuming he would hit above 350 against good competition.

He would hit above .350 easily in your lineup or urs as well because he would have some protection. The times I have seen him play, teams do their best to pitch around him. Case in point, according to Wolfe's maxpreps stat page, he's been walked 16 times already through nine games. Coaches wouldn't do that if a kid isn't very dangerous. In high school baseball, to many things can go wrong when you put guys on base.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Last year in the Regional Tournament, I think he only had 1 hit and no RBI's while Wolfe got 10 runned by Letcher.

I was there and Letcher pitched around him all night throwing everything a six to eight inches inside. He walked, singled and hit a mile high popup after almost hitting Letcher's school. So, 1-2 with a walk is a good night for anyone. I believe that .500 avg. and a .667 on base percentage.
1Baseball Wrote:He would hit above .350 easily in your lineup or urs as well because he would have some protection. The times I have seen him play, teams do their best to pitch around him. Case in point, according to Wolfe's maxpreps stat page, he's been walked 16 times already through nine games. Coaches wouldn't do that if a kid isn't very dangerous. In high school baseball, to many things can go wrong when you put guys on base.

According to the stats they reported to KHSAA last year how could they pitch around him, they all hit 400 didnt they?
Did you know that in the entire state last year, Dylan Creech led every offensive catagory. Avg., HR, Hits, 2B, 3B, RBI, and even stolen bases. Wow, this is BS. My source is the Ky High School Coaches Association Website. Helps if Dad is Head Coach.
Commanche Wrote:Did you know that in the entire state last year, Dylan Creech led every offensive catagory. Avg., HR, Hits, 2B, 3B, RBI, and even stolen bases. Wow, this is BS. My source is the Ky High School Coaches Association Website. Helps if Dad is Head Coach.
To Heck with the Triple Crown. He needs the quattuordecuple crown! :biggrin:
Commanche Wrote:According to the stats they reported to KHSAA last year how could they pitch around him, they all hit 400 didnt they?
If you look at those stats last year, he was walked 36 times and Wolfe scored a ton of runs. Their defense and lack of pitching was their downfall last season. I think they are alot younger this year. I think they lost 3 or 4 seniors off that team so it will be alot easier to pitch around him this year.
JustTrying Wrote:I don't think he could start for you guys. His cousin goes to Powell County and they are the same age, but Dylan is a soph. How does that work? How could he play his senior year? Also heard he has multiple birth certificates.

Is this site like the topix for baseball?

Seriously, multiple birth certificates? The length some of you people will go to to try and to put down this boy down is ridiculous. First of all, he was born November 1993. I know this is fact, because I was there! He was held back for one year. Furthermore, Carlisle, Dylan's cousin is a year older than Dylan is. Dylan will turn 19 in his senior year. I can assure you he will not be the only 19 year old at that graduation. He is not the first athlete to be held back a year and he certainly won't be the last. But if you are so confident that he has a forged birth certificate, why don't you report it to KHSAA or where ever it is you would report it and let them investigate instead of making false accusations on here.

We could all go back and forth all day and debate his talent level, but to be honest, what any of you or even I think is irrelevant and quite frankly it is too early this season to judge his performance. However, I do know that 7 out of 8 times that he stood in the batter's box to hit, he hit home runs (6 of them consecutive) and this was over a 3 game span. Really, no matter how you look at it, he is doing something right.

As adults, we should encourage our youth rather than make outlandish accusations and try to discourage them and this goes for all of the young ones out there trying very hard to achieve great things. Any kid who dedicates themselves and works hard deserves our encouragement and support rather than all of the negativity. So, instead of posting accusations, why not try suggestions such as the JCHSAlumni post did.
Commanche Wrote:Did you know that in the entire state last year, Dylan Creech led every offensive catagory. Avg., HR, Hits, 2B, 3B, RBI, and even stolen bases. Wow, this is BS. My source is the Ky High School Coaches Association Website. Helps if Dad is Head Coach.

shows how little you know. The kid from Henderson County, Gibson, led the state with 20 HR's and Creech only had 8. Smith from Perry had 7. Creech did lead the state in hitting and hits as well as rbi's. He also led the state in hitting the year before that when Wolfe had a different coach so your arguement doesn't hold water. My source is the khsaa.org baseball records
WCfan Wrote:Is this site like the topix for baseball?

Seriously, multiple birth certificates? The length some of you people will go to to try and to put down this boy down is ridiculous. First of all, he was born November 1993. I know this is fact, because I was there! He was held back for one year. Furthermore, Carlisle, Dylan's cousin is a year older than Dylan is. Dylan will turn 19 in his senior year. I can assure you he will not be the only 19 year old at that graduation. He is not the first athlete to be held back a year and he certainly won't be the last. But if you are so confident that he has a forged birth certificate, why don't you report it to KHSAA or where ever it is you would report it and let them investigate instead of making false accusations on here.

We could all go back and forth all day and debate his talent level, but to be honest, what any of you or even I think is irrelevant and quite frankly it is too early this season to judge his performance. However, I do know that 7 out of 8 times that he stood in the batter's box to hit, he hit home runs (6 of them consecutive) and this was over a 3 game span. Really, no matter how you look at it, he is doing something right.

As adults, we should encourage our youth rather than make outlandish accusations and try to discourage them and this goes for all of the young ones out there trying very hard to achieve great things. Any kid who dedicates themselves and works hard deserves our encouragement and support rather than all of the negativity. So, instead of posting accusations, why not try suggestions such as the JCHSAlumni post did.
Great post. Are you related to him?
1Baseball Wrote:shows how little you know. The kid from Henderson County, Gibson, led the state with 20 HR's and Creech only had 8. Smith from Perry had 7. Creech did lead the state in hitting and hits as well as rbi's. He also led the state in hitting the year before that when Wolfe had a different coach so your arguement doesn't hold water. My source is the khsaa.org baseball records

He led every catagory according to the coaches website, look at it. I forgot he led in runs scored as well. I didnt fabricate anything they are posted on there website. It takes all credibility away from that because his dad is the coach and guess who submits the stats. Was his dad not the stat man the year before. Are you saying the Coaches website doesnt hold water as well. I will give him the home runs because if they were out of the park they were out of the park. However as in Lex they may have short fences in there parks. Homeruns and any stat at the high school level is meaningless, because no one faces the same defenses and pitchers over the course of a year. They are meaningful only to your team as everybody has faced the same opposition.
1Baseball Wrote:Great post. Are you related to him?

Yeah, he is my brother. He is 6 years younger than me and I am 23. I have watched him play baseball since he was very young. I also find it hilarious that people think that if Dylan has a bad game that his dad is like "don't worry about it son, I will add you another run in the score book tonight." Seriously, their house is like a freakin' 24 hour espn baseball analysis program. If Dylan makes errors in the game, he hears about it! There is no special treatment as far as that goes.
Commanche Wrote:He led every catagory according to the coaches website, look at it. I forgot he led in runs scored as well. I didnt fabricate anything they are posted on there website. It takes all credibility away from that because his dad is the coach and guess who submits the stats. Was his dad not the stat man the year before. Are you saying the Coaches website doesnt hold water as well. I will give him the home runs because if they were out of the park they were out of the park. However as in Lex they may have short fences in there parks. Homeruns and any stat at the high school level is meaningless, because no one faces the same defenses and pitchers over the course of a year. They are meaningful only to your team as everybody has faced the same opposition.
No. all coaches don't report their stats on that website, but they should. We played Wolfe year before last and no his dad didn't keep the stats because i talked with him during the game for a little bit. He was sitting in the bleachers like any other fan. The kid is very good, I can't help it if he plays at Wolfe, you can't hold that against him and if he's on the travel ciruit in the summer as he obviously is, then that is where he's getting all the attention from on the national level. He obviously faces really good pitching all summer long. I saw some vodeos from this summer at Shillito park which is huge and he hit the right center field wall twice in a row with a wood bat against the Morse Mustangs. So like I said, do your research before you bash a kid on here. I see this far too much and it's not good or helpful to our mountain kids.
Pages: 1 2