Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Beechwood Coach Exclusive
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The new head coach is Noel Rash.

Coach Rash has been the D-Coordinator since 2002 and at Beechwood since 2000. Coach Rash spent other coaching stints at Simon Kenton and Archibishop Moeller High School in Cincinnati.

Remember, you heard it here first.
Wow!!!!

This is a great move on the part of Beechwood. There are numerous people (especially in other places) that thought that this one was a complete lock. Needless to say--it wasn't (something else that you heard here first).

Coach Rash is a defensive mastermind. He is also the kind of guy who is going to let all of us do what we need to do to be successful.

Keep in mind--the last time that Beechwood picked an assistant to be the head coach, he became one of the most prolific coaches in the history of Kentucky High School Football!

Great, GREAT, GREAT MOVE!
I think this is a great move too. Young guy who will have the energy to lead this team for a long long time.

I hope he wins every game except for those two important ones every year.
Well plenty of people got interviewed for this position. People from out of state applied for the job but some didn't end up showing up for the interview. I think that Coach Rash will be very successful at Beechwood.
Ha, ha--98!

I hate to tell you this--but most of the credit for beating NCC over the past few years should be directed straight at Coach Rash (and Hergott--who will also be staying now as well).

The committee did an excellent job of truly selecting the right person for the job. They were not blinded by the mouths of others.
98NCCalum Wrote:I think this is a great move too. Young guy who will have the energy to lead this team for a long long time.

I hope he wins every game except for those two important ones every year.

Someone is sour. lol
Sounds like a great move for the Beechwood program.

Good luck to Coach Rash as he takes over one of the top programs in the state.
KentuckyHillBilly5321 Wrote:Ha, ha--98!

I hate to tell you this--but most of the credit for beating NCC over the past few years should be directed straight at Coach Rash (and Hergott--who will also be staying now as well).

The committee did an excellent job of truly selecting the right person for the job. They were not blinded by the mouths of others.
We've done our fair share of choking also, i.e. this year.
So, is the current staff going to stay on?
98NCCalum Wrote:So, is the current staff going to stay on?
I haven't heard any changes.
98NCCalum Wrote:We've done our fair share of choking also, i.e. this year.

I disagree.

At the time--the better team WON. We were still playing good football then. If the game would have been later in the year--you could make a case for things to be different (but I don't think that it would have happened). We were barely beaten by Alter (which would have destroyed any team in NKY last year) and hung touch with CovCath for 3.75 quarters. We had not been beat by Bellevue yet--which is what drastically changed the course of our season.

Keep in mind, we gave up 2 silly TD's in a 2 minute period. (Only having 10 men on the field on Vicars TD and Blown coverage on the other TD).

I wouldn't call the fumble in the endzone "choking". I would call it GREAT defense.

Also--remember--good teams capitalize on mistakes. We made our fair share--but NCC couldn't capitalize on enough of them. NCC made FEWER mistakes--and we capitalized on them. (That comes from the actual breakdown of the game--not my "independent analysis").

Like I said--at the time--we were a better football team. As the year went on, that changed dramatically. And--the right team won the state championsihp.

And the other thing that people need to remember--there are always a lot of NCC people who talk about how much more talented their kids are, how they have the better team, etc, etc. I don't buy that for one minute. Sure, we have a good coaching staff. But our kids are the ones who have to go out on the field and execute--and find a way to beat the more "talented Breds". You don't beat a team like that year in/year out without having kids that can play.

I am at the point where it gets old hearing that we won because NCC choked. We won because our kids (who never get the credit that they deserve) came to play, our coaching staff was more prepared (and we will always be for sure in the future) and everything came together.
98NCCalum Wrote:So, is the current staff going to stay on?

I think that this was one of the biggest points of Rash getting the job (and take this for what it is)--everyone on the current staff has already committed to returning this season except for one coach. Plus, there are 2 past assistant who have committed to coming back as well. There was a lot of talk about where loyalties were going to play out in this situation.

This is just speculation, but this is what I see:
Head: N. Rash (will continue as D-Coordinator)
O-Coordinator: Greg Hergott
Special Teams Coordinator: Jim Proccacino
Assistant: Darrick Brilz
Assistant: John Alford
Assistant: Brandon Berger
Assistant: Ben List
Assistant: David Potter
Assistant: Zack Dearwater
Assistant: Kelly Perry
Assistant: Vinnie Matricia
Assistant: Some Crazy HillBilly
Unknown: Bob Burnett (I would like to hope that he decides to come back--I know that the door is open . . . . . . )

From conversation (and not first hand) there were 5 that may not have came back if it would have been a different new coach. All of the rest were on the fence. That is a conversation for a different time/place.
good luck to coach rash
Apparently not too many people care..