Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 21st Century version of "Let them eat cake"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
At a gathering in Pennsylvania Wednesday, President Obama told a man who questioned him about rising gas prices to think about trading in his gas guzzler for a vehicle with better mileage.

Addressing the questioner, Obama conceded, “None of that is going to help you this week, though. So, like I said, if you’re getting eight miles a gallon you may want to think about a trade-in. You can get a great deal. I promise you, GM or Ford or Chrysler, they’re going to be happy to give you a deal on something that gets you better gas mileage.”

“Now, I notice some folks clapped, but I know some of these big guys, they’re all still driving their big SUVs. You know, they got their big monster trucks and everything. You’re one of them? Well, now, here’s my point. If you’re complaining about the price of gas and you’re only getting eight miles a gallon -- you may have a big family, but it’s probably not that big. How many you have? Ten kids, you say? Ten kids? (Laughter.) Well, you definitely need a hybrid van then. (Laughter.)

Has the President gone to far? I thought he was fighting to help the Middle Class. Is he out of touch?
I cannot friggin wait til this polished hoodrat gets booted out of office.
nky Wrote:At a gathering in Pennsylvania Wednesday, President Obama told a man who questioned him about rising gas prices to think about trading in his gas guzzler for a vehicle with better mileage.

Addressing the questioner, Obama conceded, “None of that is going to help you this week, though. So, like I said, if you’re getting eight miles a gallon you may want to think about a trade-in. You can get a great deal. I promise you, GM or Ford or Chrysler, they’re going to be happy to give you a deal on something that gets you better gas mileage.”

“Now, I notice some folks clapped, but I know some of these big guys, they’re all still driving their big SUVs. You know, they got their big monster trucks and everything. You’re one of them? Well, now, here’s my point. If you’re complaining about the price of gas and you’re only getting eight miles a gallon -- you may have a big family, but it’s probably not that big. How many you have? Ten kids, you say? Ten kids? (Laughter.) Well, you definitely need a hybrid van then. (Laughter.)

Has the President gone to far? I thought he was fighting to help the Middle Class. Is he out of touch?
He went too far and showed that he was out of touch during his campaign when he promised that his energy policies would send energy prices skyrocketing. Yet people voted him into a position where he has the power to destroy their quality of life and now most of those same people blame somebody else for high gasoline prices. Go figure...
Last time I looked the government big-wigs all get caddied around in, you guessed it, BIG BLACK SUVs!!!
Obama has decided to keep gas prices so high just to take away our pursuit of happiness.
nky Wrote:Addressing the questioner, Obama conceded, “None of that is going to help you this week, though. So, like I said, if you’re getting eight miles a gallon you may want to think about a trade-in. You can get a great deal. I promise you, GM or Ford or Chrysler, they’re going to be happy to give you a deal on something that gets you better gas mileage.”

What a stupid thing to say. [I]Go trade in your older car for a newer one that gets better gas mileage. How exactly is buying a new car supposed to help middle-class citizens struggling to get by week-to-week?

Let's look at this "great idea". Go trade in your old car, take out a loan for several thousand dollars to make up for the difference in trade-in value, then start raking in the savings at the gas pump. Just think, in about ten years you'll have completely made back the amount you had to borrow to buy the thing! Yippee!
Well, you could go out an trade for a Government Motors Volt and put it in your garage to charge. When the piece of crap catches fire (as others have done), just watch your house burn to the ground and then use your insurance money to move closer to work.

Just make sure that your GM Volt is insured for the replacement cost so that you can replace it with a new SUV that will not burn your new home to the ground.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Well, you could go out an trade for a Government Motors Volt and put it in your garage to charge. When the piece of crap catches fire (as others have done), just watch your house burn to the ground and then use your insurance money to move closer to work.

Just make sure that your GM Volt is insured for the replacement cost so that you can replace it with a new SUV that will not burn your new home to the ground.

Ut oh . . .
BillyB Wrote:Ut oh . . .
The family smelled smoke, parked the SUV in their garage and went inside the house. The lesson here is not to park a burning vehicle in a garage.

Chevy Volts have caught fire as they charged in the garage. They are currently deathtraps whether on the road or in the garage.

Two Chevy Volts Catch Fire in One Week!
BillyB Wrote:Ut oh . . . . Smile
You seem to be trying to make the case that SUVs are just as dangerous as Government Motors' Chevy Volts. Of course, many, many millions more SUVs are in use than Volts. If you believe that driving a Volt and sleeping while one is charging in your own garage, then run out and get one. I prefer to drive a safer vehicle.
I received an email this morning informing me that Amtrak will provide a 50% match in carbon credits on my behalf. Why is our federal government continuing to participate in Al Gore's global warming hoax? Does this country really have the funds to just throw away? Here is the text of the email message:

[INDENT]
Quote:The future is one place that everyone is headed, and how we get there is important. By http://www.amtrakguestrewards.com/redeem...ffset/2013
redeeming with Carbonfund.org, Amtrak Guest Rewards® can help make that trip a little better from Earth Day, April 22 through May 7, 2011 by matching 50% of your redemption. So by simply redeeming the points you earn through travel, you can offset even more of your carbon footprint and help preserve the environment.

Redeeming points to support Carbonfund.org projects has:

- Helped reforest thousands of trees in the Louisiana Tensas
River Valley and offset over 600,000 metric tons of carbon dioxide

- Supported over 200,000 megawatt hours or over 200 million
kilowatt hours of clean, renewable energy like wind and solar

- Offset over 5 billion pounds of carbon dioxide emissions

And with a 50% match from Amtrak Guest Rewards, your redemption can do even more.
[/INDENT]