Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Basketball is OVER. Football Time in the Bluegrass!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It is about that time of year folks. Kentucky's Spring Game is 17 days away! What does everybody see the Cats doing this fall?
09/01/11 vs. Western Kentucky Nashville, Tenn. W
09/10/11 vs. Central Michigan Lexington, Ky. W
09/17/11 vs. Louisville Lexington, Ky. W
09/24/11 vs. Florida * Lexington, Ky. L
10/01/11 at LSU * Baton Rouge, La. L
10/08/11 at South Carolina * Columbia, S.C. L
10/22/11 vs. Jacksonville State Lexington, Ky. W
10/29/11 vs. Mississippi State * Lexington, Ky. W
11/05/11 vs. Ole Miss * Lexington, Ky. W
11/12/11 at Vanderbilt * Nashville, Tenn. W
11/19/11 at Georgia * Athens, Ga. L
11/26/11 vs. Tennessee * Lexington, Ky. L

I think that they will have the opportunity to win all four non conference games if they can beat Louisville at home. The biggest stretch of their schedule is Jacksonville State through Vanderbilt. I think that they have a good chance to have at least three wins by that point and if they can go 3-1 in that stretch with wins over Ole Miss, JSU, and Vandy then they will be bowl eligible. In my opinion their chances at getting more than six wins will be against Tennessee and Florida (can't imagine either happening), at LSU (probably one of the contenders for the SEC title next year), at Georgia (Kentucky has played well against the Dogs in recent years), Mississippi State (home game, against a very good football team), or at South Carolina ( UK is 1-Forever against Steve Spurrier).
It is College BASEBALL Season!! Get UP!!
Panther Thunder Wrote:It is College BASEBALL Season!! Get UP!!

:HitWall:..lol
I could see 6 or 7 wins again. It will be tough to replace Randall Cobb, Chris Matthews and Derrick Locke though.
Yeah, I'm just waiting for basketball season to start again, lol.
I don't have high expectations for this team. Lost top two recievers, starting RB and QB.
UK will struggle to score points next year imo.
We return quite a bit on defense, but that was a bad defense last year.
I can't see this team making a bowl game, 4-5 wins at most.
4 wins at the most. They will feast on cupcakes and win one confernce game (Vanderbilt).
Aslan Wrote:Yeah, I'm just waiting for basketball season to start again, lol.
I don't have high expectations for this team. Lost top two recievers, starting RB and QB.
UK will struggle to score points next year imo.
We return quite a bit on defense, but that was a bad defense last year.
I can't see this team making a bowl game, 4-5 wins at most.

Joke said that they have a new defense and that it will be alot harder for the Offensive Line to double team
Strikeout King Wrote:Joke said that they have a new defense and that it will be alot harder for the Offensive Line to double team

I don't care what he said, the defense is still going to be bad.
Please come back soon basketball Sad
Guys give the football team a chance. Support them no matter what! Go Cats!
cougarpride08 Wrote:Guys give the football team a chance. Support them no matter what! Go Cats!
:Thumbs:
cougarpride08 Wrote:Guys give the football team a chance. Support them no matter what! Go Cats!

I support the players. Not our coaching staff,
Maybe people should realise that these boys have to strap it up every week against the best of the best. There is no down week in the SEC. I am personally excited for our team this year. I really think they can surprise alot of doubters. But even if they don't win a game they are my team, They wear the blue, and white. And they proudly wear KENTUCKY across their chests. Lets get behind them instead of being so negative.
Truth is, we should have spent the few extra dollars needed to bring in a great coach.
I hate the coach in waiting bull.
Joker was a decent O Cord.
He is by no means ever going to get wins at UK. Playing in the SEC you have to have a great recruiter.
UK will be lucky to make it back to a bowl game this year, but i dont see it happening.
It's not that I don't support UK football.. It's just that I'm not much on football lol...

No smack, but I do have a question. Why doesn't UK take it's football as serious as it's basketball? Don't y'all get tired of taking your annual lumps each year by Florida and Tennessee?
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:No smack, but I do have a question. Why doesn't UK take it's football as serious as it's basketball? Don't y'all get tired of taking your annual lumps each year by Florida and Tennessee?

UK fans do take football very seriously. It's just the fact that UK basketball fans are the most serious in the country.
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:No smack, but I do have a question. Why doesn't UK take it's football as serious as it's basketball? Don't y'all get tired of taking your annual lumps each year by Florida and Tennessee?

If west virginia had to play a SEC schedule you would understand.
Joker is in hot water in my opinion if he don't at least win 6 games.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:If west virginia had to play a SEC schedule you would understand.

Since 2000, West Virginia is 5-2 vs the SEC including beating Georgia in the 06 Sugar Bowl. :1:

BTW, how did that game vs a coachless sPitt work out for ya?????:ChairHit:
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:Since 2000, West Virginia is 5-2 vs the SEC including beating Georgia in the 06 Sugar Bowl. :1:

BTW, how did that game vs a coachless sPitt work out for ya?????:ChairHit:

Play those seven games in one season and see how it turns out. It is incredibly hard for a non powerhouse to compete in the sec. And Pitt was pumped up beyond belief for that game. Not to mention we didnt have our starting QB.
Not enough in-state talent. Kentucky produces the least amount of D1 talent out of any of the SEC states, then you have teams that can reach into our state and pull some of our best away (see: Lamar Dawson), and then you lump in our in state rival Louisville, that leaves a small pool of players for us to grab. This forces us to go out of state to get players, and when we go to other states to recruit, most of their elite talent has already been picked up by their in-state schools (for UK that is South Carolina, Tennessee, Georgia, Florida, Alabama and Ohio) and we are left to pick whatever meat is left on the bones. Coaching wins a lot of games, but you have to have the horses to get you there, and that' where UK's biggest struggle is.

Randall Cobb was a 3* and by all means the best value of any recruit UK has had in recent years, but they sure don't come along often.

For this years team, we lost a ton of offensive firepower and may have to rely on a defense that was marginal at best in 2010. I see 5-6 wins, 1 being a big in-conference upset like we seem to have had every year for the past few years now.
They will beat up the cupcake teams. Beat Vandy. And pull a shocker against some other SEC team. But nothng amazing. And you can bet we will blow it in the final minutes against Tennessee. That sums up he past several seasons.
This is pretty tough schedule.IMO. It looks more diffcult than last season. I can only see a 6-6 record at best. I hope it is better than that. I hope to see us end the streak of TN also this season. I can't wait to see the Cats playing some football, Go Cats!
Tailgating Smile