Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Jackson County 2011
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What do the Generals need to do to improve from last year's disappointing 0-10 Team?

Aug 19, 11 Paris home

7:30 PM
Aug 26, 11 Lawrence County away

Sep 2, 11 Shelby Valley home

Sep 16, 11 Middlesboro home

Sep 23, 11 Breathitt County away

Sep 30, 11 Morgan County home

Oct 7, 11 Magoffin County away

Oct 14, 11 Knott County Central home

Oct 21, 11 Hart County away

Oct 28, 11 McCreary Central home

http://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/kh...fb11/35115
They may get their first win this year. Paris, Magoffin, or KCC. May win one of these.
Hopefully looking for a break through year. They are return some good talent from last year and have some of those big linemen they have been looking for. This is the third year for coach carter and I believe the players that have been there for three years with him have bought into the system. This maybe be hard to believe but there could be a possible playoff game in the future for the Generals. This is the first year they will return more than 6 or 7 starters from a team. Last year they only had two starters returning to the roster on both sides of the ball. This is a good judgement year to see if Carter has turned things around! Good luck Generals!
0-20=Breakthrough..........NO
Sheet,

you wouldn't be a hater now would you? Define break through. I believe break through can be defined as one who battles adversity to make a big difference in their course of action. Anything more than 3 wins would be a break through for this team. Considering the program has only won three in four years previous to coach Carter arriving. Nice name by the way sheet, you must be full of "sheet". :moon:
Generals2010 Wrote:Sheet,

you wouldn't be a hater now would you? Define break through. I believe break through can be defined as one who battles adversity to make a big difference in their course of action. Anything more than 3 wins would be a break through for this team. Considering the program has only won three in four years previous to coach Carter arriving. Nice name by the way sheet, you must be full of "sheet". :moon:
all i can say i oh snap!!!:lmao:
Generals2010 Wrote:Sheet,

That is wrong. They won 2 the first year and 3 the second under Coach Harris and the three guys he brought in for that season.
With the schedule they have I can see them being competitive in several games and should have a chance to win those. Good luck JC in 2011!
[quote=Generals2010]Sheet,

you wouldn't be a hater now would you? Define break through. I believe break through can be defined as one who battles adversity to make a big difference in their course of action. Anything more than 3 wins would be a break through for this team. Considering the program has only won three in four years previous to coach Carter arriving. Nice name by the way sheet, you must be full of "sheet". :moon:[/QUOTe

KHSAA has this program starting in (2006) with 2 wins,( 2007) 3 wins and (2008) 2 wins. That is 7 wins before Coach Carter arrived.
Their year is a big one. It will tell you what kind of coach u have. I thing that coach Carter does a good job.
A team who is 0-20, I have to ask why are they playing Lawrence Co?

If Jackson doesnt beat Paris, they will be 0-25 heading into Morgan Co. IMO
Coach Carter is a good coach...he has no help. It takes more than one to turn it around.
I agree
Having seen them last year and two year ago, I can say that they may not have had a better record but the team was much improved from the year before. A LOT.
Paul Crewe Wrote:Coach Carter is a good coach...he has no help. It takes more than one to turn it around.

This is true. Coach Carter only has one other coach. Everyone other coach they bring in can't get the opportunity to stay around because they get their jobs cut and no job for the next year to hire a new coach. What football program allows a team to only have two coaches. NO ONE in the state has only two coaches on staff. There is a 1 A teams that have more than 8 coaches. Thats a disgrace to football.
Generals2010 Wrote:This is true. Coach Carter only has one other coach. Everyone other coach they bring in can't get the opportunity to stay around because they get their jobs cut and no job for the next year to hire a new coach. What football program allows a team to only have two coaches. NO ONE in the state has only two coaches on staff. There is a 1 A teams that have more than 8 coaches. Thats a disgrace to football.

Generals2010-Is Boon and/or Allin still there?
wildthang3 Wrote:Generals2010-Is Boon and/or Allin still there?

Boon went somewhere else closer to home for him, and Allin couldn't get hired back as a teacher. He was using his own time and money to come to JC last year. Allin is a great coach and wish JC could have him back.
Generals thx for the info. Had no idea about Coach Allin thought he was still teaching over there. Thats awful! Hopefully Coach Carter can get some more help.
It is very hard to have a good little league team with only 2 coaches!!!!!!! If they don't hire him some help soon and I was him I would hit the road in a hurry. It is a shame the Administration don't care enough about the kids to put them in a winning situation and support the team???
Bobcat_Dad Wrote:It is very hard to have a good little league team with only 2 coaches!!!!!!! If they don't hire him some help soon and I was him I would hit the road in a hurry. It is a shame the Administration don't care enough about the kids to put them in a winning situation and support the team???

Agreed! :notworthy I bet thats not a problem at Bell!
Good luck to the generals this upcoming year!!!:Thumbs:
How have the the incoming freshman been looking?
former Wrote:A team who is 0-20, I have to ask why are they playing Lawrence Co?

Morgan returns everyone from a 5-6 team that was soph. dominated.They will have one of the better teams they have had in school history for the next 2 years. Coach Carter is a good coach. Without a doubt he knows more football then any coach Jackson county has ever had. Jackson county hasn't had alot of wins as of recent but they are learning the game the right way under coach Carter. Best of luck to Coach Carter and Jackson county.
former Wrote:A team who is 0-20, I have to ask why are they playing Lawrence Co?

Morgan will beat Jackson by 50.:dontthink
Good luck to Jackson Co this season.
I can see them beating Paris and KCC.
As a former parent of a player at Jackson County I have to disagaree. The guys that came before Mr. Carter won a handful of games. They worked very hard to get the program started in Jackson County and then got pushed out politically. All Mr. Carter has done is cause problems with football and the community. 0-20 speaks for itself. Just because the limb comes from Bell County doesn't mean it wil grow a tree in Jackson County.
I am excited to see the Generals this year. If the cards fall right for them this year they will be alright and win a few games this year. As for some who keep saying 0-20 0-20, I wish you could see the amount of kids that played and the ability of the kids that played. It was pretty bad. The talent pool in JC has taken a big drop and it shows in all the sports in the county. But because of the hard work that Coach Carter and those kids have put in they will be able to show everyone that they CAN DO IT. Go Generals!
I would agree. I think Jackson will have a decent season. You can't build a program over night. You all keep saying they won this they won that, good for them. Obviously those coaches are gone for a reason. There is nothing political about Carter getting the job, he only has 2 other coaches! They both drive from Richmond everyday to help because they love football and they love these kids. Carter has very little support from the people in Jackson and I would say even less from the board. You can bring anyone in, take A great coach and he would struggle at first. Rome wasn't built overnight! When you lose kids to basketball, golf, cheerleading, bad home lives, what do you expect? Carter will be fine and so will his team. They are hard workers and some have been with him for 3 years, look for them to step up. Goodluck to the staff and the players!