Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Jazz 86 - Lakers 85
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Rookie Gordon Heyward hits The Go Ahead Free Throw with 6 Seconds left to give the Jazz the Lead and The Win.

This Loss could cause the Lakers the top seed in the playoffs as they are 3 1/2 games back of the Spurs with 5 games left in the Regular Season

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=310405013
Gawd, The Lakers are terrible!
Stardust Wrote:Gawd, The Lakers are terrible!

I'd say...
Jazz lost all their goods, and they beat L.A.???
What does that tell you..

Without #1 seed, L.A. won't last till the water gets hot IMO.
Huge loss for Kobe and company.
Meaningless regular season loss. I could care the least. Nobody but the Celtics can beat the Lakers in a 7 game series.
Aslan Wrote:Meaningless regular season loss. I could care the least. Nobody but the Celtics can beat the Lakers in a 7 game series.

That's a very strong statement considering that some of the teams that the Lakers have lost to are either 2-0, 2-1, 1-1 against them and there 3 games behind the Spurs. any team listed below can beat them. I will admit that come playoff time the Lakers bring there A game almost every year and there a tough out but you can't just up and hand them the trophy, they have to play for it and if they win they win, if they don't they don't

vs. Lakers 2011

Heat 2-0

Spurs 2-1

Nuggets 2-1

Jazz 2-1

Bulls 1-1

Celtics 1-1
Last time I checked the Lakers are the two time defending champions. Championships are won in the post season, not in the regular season. Nobody, but the Celtics can beat them in a 7 game series when it matters (post season).
Aslan Wrote:Last time I checked the Lakers are the two time defending champions. Championships are won in the post season, not in the regular season. Nobody, but the Celtics can beat them in a 7 game series when it matters (post season).

Celtics have had there number past couple post seasons but anyone of the temas that I listed earlier can beat them
Strikeout King Wrote:Celtics have had there number past couple post seasons but anyone of the temas that I listed earlier can beat them

Lakers beat the Celtics in the playoffs last year, and no, those other teams wouldn't beat them in a seven game series.
Aslan Wrote:Lakers beat the Celtics in the playoffs last year, and no, those other teams wouldn't beat them in a seven game series.

Anyone Can Be Beaten on Any Given Day, No Matter if there The Defending Champions or not. They have to get by the Spurs and that's not gonna be an easy task I do believe they will be a new champion this year
Yeah, anyone can beaten on any day, but that's what makes the playoffs so great. You have to beat a team 4 times, and the better team always wins the series. Example: The Lakers winning the last two titles. The best team won. And this year, it will probably be the Lakers and Celtics again in the finals.
Aslan Wrote:Yeah, anyone can beaten on any day, but that's what makes the playoffs so great. You have to beat a team 4 times, and the better team always wins the series. Example: The Lakers winning the last two titles. The best team won. And this year, it will probably be the Lakers and Celtics again in the finals.

I do agree it is hard to beat a team with such great talent 4 times but people have there opinion and I don't think the Lakers will win it all again, Only Time will tell
When the Lakers get beat. It's a good day for me

:biggrin: