Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Final Top 25 Poll
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Email Print Comments255 ESPN.com

Highlight Of The Night
Connecticut wins National TitleHighlight Of The NightVIDEO PLAYLIST
Highlight Of The Night
Highlight Of The Night
Connecticut wins National TitleJim Calhoun On Title Game Win
Jim Calhoun On Title Game Win
Jim Calhoun talks with Andy Katz
Tags:
Jim CalhounJim Calhoun On Connecticut's Win
Jim Calhoun On Connecticut's Win
Connecticut wins 3rd National TitleBrad Stevens On Butler's Loss
Brad Stevens On Butler's Loss
Butler falls to Connecticut in National Title game
Connecticut received 30 of 31 first-place votes in the final ESPN/USA Today coaches' poll, released a day after the Huskies defeated Butler to win their third NCAA championship under coach Jim Calhoun.

ESPN/USA Today Coaches' Poll
The top five teams in the ESPN/USA Today coaches' poll:

UConn
Butler
UK
Kansas
Ohio St.

Ohio State, which was knocked out by eventual regional champion Kentucky in the Sweet 16, received the lone remaining first-place vote.

The 31 Division I coaches voting in the poll are not obligated to vote for the NCAA tournament champion as No. 1 on the final ballot of the season. Although the coaches' votes are public on every other poll, they are not made public for the final poll, according to policy set by the National Association of Basketball Coaches.

Butler, which reached its second straight NCAA final, was ranked No. 2 and led six teams that vaulted from unranked status into the final Top 25. Fellow mid-major Final Four participant Virginia Commonwealth, also unranked when the tournament began, finished No. 6.

Kentucky was ranked third, followed by Kansas and Ohio State. VCU, Duke, North Carolina, Arizona and Florida rounded out the top 10.

While Butler and VCU reached the top 10 following tournament success, a pair of high tournament seeds plunged after disappointing losses.

Pittsburgh, the regular-season Big East champion and a No. 1 seed, fell to No. 12 in the final poll from No. 4 after Butler eliminated the Panthers from the tournament in the third round. San Diego State, formerly No. 5, fell to No. 11 following its Sweet 16 loss to UConn.

St. John's, Texas A&M, Vanderbilt, Xavier and Georgetown fell out of the poll, while Florida State, Marquette and Richmond -- all of whom pulled off upsets in the tournament -- ascended into the final Top 25 of the season.
i would like to see who the OH ST homes was,lol
Nice Job by Leonard Hamilton. 'Noles check in at #19 in the final poll. Very good season.
Same as every year, the teams that are considered to be the pre-tourney best still make it up to the top ten. I still think that Ohio State is the best team in the country but you have to give them them a knock for bowing out in the sweet 16 so I would say they are around 7 or so.

I think all logic says:
1-Uconn
2-Butler
3-UK
4-VCU
5-Kansas
6-UNC
7-Ohio St.