Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: What are some of the best places to camp in Ky WVA and Ohio...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We just purchased a Travel Trailer and plan on camping every weekend. We just went to Fort Boonesborough this past weekend and had a blast. Need some input please.
Red River Gorge, Laurel River Lake, Land Between the Lakes
I know you asked about other states, but Twin Knobs at Cave Run is a top rated campground for the whole US. I usually don't camp at places where I have to add water to my freshwater tank, but before you go into every loop down there, they have a place to fill up with water. I haven't been there since about 4 years ago, but it is a great campground. The Lively Lady(the name of his late brother's boat), in Aberdeen, OH. is another great place. It's just across the river from Maysville and sits right on the Ohio river. They have a restaurant there that has a great buffet, and a good beach area. Get you a Woodall's campground guide, they are a must have for camping. I've never been to the Breaks campground, but my buddy loves it.
North Bend State Park, Pipestem State Park, Blackwater Falls State Park, Canaan Valley Resort, Bluestone Lake, Summersville Lake, Burnsville Lake, Stonewall Jackson Lake, and Tygart Lake.
I have never camped there but there are TONS of people that go to Lake Cumberland in Jamestown, KY?
Paintsville Lake has a nice campground with full hook-ups. The Littcarr campground in Knott Co. is a nice place, the first 14 spots have concrete pads for parking the camper on which has a big enough area for a picnic table too. The first 14 spots also have full hook-up & cable TV. Also if you have a boat, the campground is right on the backwaters of the lake & they have a small dock area if you can reserve spots 1,3,5, or 7 you're only about 80-90 feet away from your boat. There are 2 campgrounds @ Littcarr, if you're interested in trying that place out let me know & I'll send you a link to make sure you go to the right one. Lakewood Camping Resort at Myrtle beach is a nice place, we went there last summer. Check out the KOA website the have quite a few places in KY, OH, & WV.