Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Connecticutt 53 - Butler 41 (NCAA Mens National Championship)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
UCONN defeated Butler 53-41 To Win The 2011 National Championship
Man, Call me strange but I really don't like the NCAA Tournament much. It's a circus and unlike in football where one of the top 4 teams ALWAYS gets it, someone random like UConn can play Butler in the finals? Just.. not feeling it.
i like it makes it more fun to watch
Not me, I wanna see the best team win. IMO, UConn was the 6th or 7th best team in this thing...
18% shooting, wow. unreal.

Huck the Fuskies.
I love the NCAA tournament.
MVP2 Wrote:18% shooting, wow. unreal.

Huck the Fuskies.

:Thumbs:
The NCAA tourney is the greatest format for a playoff and it has proven it year after year. It makes me sick to see this UConn team win the national title.... Not as sick as last year with Duke but still to be that close and feel like the game could have swung that other way, it just makes you sick to think about it..... ugh.
I just have to disagree. The regular season playoff that is the BCS is my favorite. If #1 loses in the season, who cares? If they lose in football, it's a big deal. You're telling me UK, UConn, Butler, and VCU were the best teams in the nation this year? No chance.
^

No, they weren't but that is what makes it so great. It's unpredictable, I like seeing the small teams like Butler and VCU knocking off the big dogs like Pitt and Kansas.I personally think it would be less exciting if the #1 seeds always made it to the final 4 every year. It wouldnt be March Madness to me.
Belfry0304 Wrote:I just have to disagree. The regular season playoff that is the BCS is my favorite. If #1 loses in the season, who cares? If they lose in football, it's a big deal. You're telling me UK, UConn, Butler, and VCU were the best teams in the nation this year? No chance.

AS bad as I hate to say it, Ohio State, Duke, Kansas where the best teams in Basketball this year with Ohio State being the best and I HATE Ohio State
I'm sorry, I'd rather watch Ohio State/Kansas than the Big East Champ vs. the Horizon League Champ.
We Can All Agree On ONE Thing, We're All Glad/Happy That The Title Didn't Go Back To Cameron Indoor, Home Of dUKe aka Pukies
I wonder how long theyll get to keep it with all the allegations against them?
Wildcatk23 Wrote:I wonder how long theyll get to keep it with all the allegations against them?
Jim Calhoun is living proof that cheaters can and do win in NCAA basketball. The man is 68 and has never really received much more than a slap on the wrist and i don't expect that it will be any different this time.
I agree with the previous post that Ohio State, Kansas and Duke were the three best teams all season long. It is the same issue with last year with the best teams being UK and Kansas but having Duke winning the title. Who is playing the best at the most important time of the year. The team that has the most concentration and determination to keep that same intensity up through three weeks. That is what this tourney shows you year after year.
I'd probably enjoy it more if the one and two seeds played an game 8 team tournament, playing best of 3 series.
I'm completely satisfied with this championship game. These two teams beat the teams they were supposed to beat, thus the rightful national champion has emerged. Unfortunately for Butler, they will go down in history with the worst shooting performance in a National Championship game. But that will be completely unfair to take away from the run they made, proving that last year was no fluke.
Stardust Wrote:I'm completely satisfied with this championship game. These two teams beat the teams they were supposed to beat, thus the rightful national champion has emerged. Unfortunately for Butler, they will go down in history with the worst shooting performance in a National Championship game. But that will be completely unfair to take away from the run they made, proving that last year was no fluke.

:Thumbs:
Stardust Wrote:I'm completely satisfied with this championship game. These two teams beat the teams they were supposed to beat, thus the rightful national champion has emerged. Unfortunately for Butler, they will go down in history with the worst shooting performance in a National Championship game. But that will be completely unfair to take away from the run they made, proving that last year was no fluke.

100 percent agree
Belfry0304 Wrote:I'm sorry, I'd rather watch Ohio State/Kansas than the Big East Champ vs. the Horizon League Champ.
That would have been impossible because OSU got beat out by the SEC champs.

It was an ugly game, but you are 100% right!

Agree with you SD. :Thumbs:
UConn was the best team in the country for the last month of the season and that's all that matters.
This game reminded me so much of the UK-Georgetown '84 final four game it wasnt funny.
'84 UK/GU game- UK storms out to a 27-15 lead, heads into halftime up 29-22. Second half, Patrick Ewing scared the socks off of Melvin Turpin and Sam Bowie, UK shoots 3-33 in the second half and gets blown out 53-40.
This game, Butler led 22-19 at halftime, comes out and shoots 2-634 in the second half, has what seemed like 70 shots blocked and ends up getting blown out by almost the same score, 53-41.

Weird.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:This game reminded me so much of the UK-Georgetown '84 final four game it wasnt funny.
'84 UK/GU game- UK storms out to a 27-15 lead, heads into halftime up 29-22. Second half, Patrick Ewing scared the socks off of Melvin Turpin and Sam Bowie, UK shoots 3-33 in the second half and gets blown out 53-40.
This game, Butler led 22-19 at halftime, comes out and shoots 2-634 in the second half, has what seemed like 70 shots blocked and ends up getting blown out by almost the same score, 53-41.

Weird.

I remember that game too. I was thinking the same thing last night. It was eerie how similar those games were.

:Thumbs: Good Post!
My power was knocked out. So I was unable to watch the game. And I was FURIOUS! But I talked to a buddy and he said I didn't miss anything. lol
MVP2 Wrote::Thumbs: Good Post!

MVP, I love that you have already turned the page and excited for the blazing hot Cincinnati Reds!!

The game last night was horrible and it really was depressing to sit and think that we could have stumbled upon title number 8 this season.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:MVP, I love that you have already turned the page and excited for the blazing hot Cincinnati Reds!!

The game last night was horrible and it really was depressing to sit and think that we could have stumbled upon title number 8 this season.

MVP loves every sport invented..
He is a master at field hockey.