Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Scott County 19 - Lawrence County 9 (Game # 2)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Final From Florida

Game # 2 Between The 2.
2 questions.
1.) How can a team that not only wasn't ranked but didn't even receive any votes in the baseball poll embarrass LC twice in one day?
2.) Will the posters who said LC had the best pitching staff in the 15th be too ashamed to ever post again?

:devilflam
:popcorn:This should be fun!
jetpilot Wrote:2 questions.
1.) How can a team that not only wasn't ranked but didn't even receive any votes in the baseball poll embarrass LC twice in one day?
2.) Will the posters who said LC had the best pitching staff in the 15th be too ashamed to ever post again?

:devilflam

Umm, WOW - Go get'em JP. But since these two posts, all we have heard is crickets!
crickets indeed. a native or some other source please post details to the game please? pitching staff indeed? i cant believe scott county put up that many runs. guess i was wrong, ill admit it. but i doubt we see the likes of "sweet pea" LOL
And to reiterate from the other thread. Umm WOW.

Interested to hear some reports. I know LC is still a very good team, but these are some surprising losses, especially by margin. SC was 1-6 coming into the day and was not receiving any votes and I had heard nothing about them until now. I am sure SC is pretty good, but LC cannot have two performances like this. Hopefully they pick it up when they get back and keep the 15th going strong. I finally get my electricity back, and BAM. Was not expecting this at all.
Panther Thunder Wrote:And to reiterate from the other thread. Umm WOW.

Interested to hear some reports. I know LC is still a very good team, but these are some surprising losses, especially by margin. SC was 1-6 coming into the day and was not receiving any votes and I had heard nothing about them until now. I am sure SC is pretty good, but LC cannot have two performances like this. Hopefully they pick it up when they get back and keep the 15th going strong. I finally get my electricity back, and BAM. Was not expecting this at all.

i believe everyone was shocked PT! i too am interested in the reports. im guessing alot of critical errors and weak pitching from a down LC team. i doubt chandler pitching the score would be this.
Dashiprock Wrote:i believe everyone was shocked PT! i too am interested in the reports. im guessing alot of critical errors and weak pitching from a down LC team. i doubt chandler pitching the score would be this.
I assume they are saving him for that Maryland team, which may not be a bad strategy. I am just surprised to see the Dawgs 2-5 being hit like this. They are a fairly deep and quality staff.

Somewhat encouraging could be the 9 runs that the Dawgs put up. I would venture to say SC was down to its 4 or 5 though as well.

Hopefully the Panthers staff can keep teams in check, because it would be hard to match 14 or 19 on any night. Just goes to show that there is life outside the 15th.
Where are the LC fans? I'm really curious to hear what happened?
Panther Thunder Wrote:I assume they are saving him for that Maryland team, which may not be a bad strategy. I am just surprised to see the Dawgs 2-5 being hit like this. They are a fairly deep and quality staff.

Somewhat encouraging could be the 9 runs that the Dawgs put up. I would venture to say SC was down to its 4 or 5 though as well.

Hopefully the Panthers staff can keep teams in check, because it would be hard to match 14 or 19 on any night. Just goes to show that there is life outside the 15th.

Based on the runs they gave up to Greenup Co. they may not be as good as some are building them up to be either. I think I read where they were something like 7-6 coming into Florida.
Stardust Wrote:Where are the LC fans? I'm really curious to hear what happened?

I'm sure LCgrad2002 will be on here shortly to give the "rest of the story".

I wonder if the Top25 still looks "good to me" ?
^ Now we all know why it looked Soooooo good!
Panther Thunder Wrote:I assume they are saving him for that Maryland team, which may not be a bad strategy. I am just surprised to see the Dawgs 2-5 being hit like this. They are a fairly deep and quality staff.

All just a mirage PT. None of this actually really happened.

"Life" still exclusively starts and ends all within the boundaries of the Lawrence Co. line.:rockon:
this is very suprising, makes me eat my words.....any stats, who pitched, fielding er., etc. :ChairHit:
my thoughts exactly, saving him for the baptist team.
I hope this finally proves how rediculus the Coaches Poll really is. There is no way a legitamate top 10 team in the state could get run ruled two games in a row by a team who is not even on the radar of getting votes? This was a team that was barely .500 last season, and had an exit in the first round of the district to Bryan Station, who was not a strong team at all? I am not sure what happened? Nobody does except for those kids, but I can tell you, high quality teams do not get run-ruled by anybody, especially to low-quality teams? Who knows, I wish them all the luck in the world, and I hope they use this as a wake-up call for them to move forward?
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:I hope this finally proves how rediculus the Coaches Poll really is. There is no way a legitamate top 10 team in the state could get run ruled two games in a row by a team who is not even on the radar of getting votes? This was a team that was barely .500 last season, and had an exit in the first round of the district to Bryan Station, who was not a strong team at all? I am not sure what happened? Nobody does except for those kids, but I can tell you, high quality teams do not get run-ruled by anybody, especially to low-quality teams? Who knows, I wish them all the luck in the world, and I hope they use this as a wake-up call for them to move forward?

Scott Co. not only had a 1-6 record going into Florida, they have been mercied themselves in three of those losses, with only Eastern as being a formidable opponent.
Bob Seger Wrote:Scott Co. not only had a 1-6 record going into Florida, they have been mercied themselves in three of those losses, with only Eastern as being a formidable opponent.

Well that's not entirely true? Eastern is probably the best team in the state? However, they were beaten by Tates Creek who is a very solid team, Waggener has been gaining a lot of momentum over the past couple of season, and they are no push over, but they do have some bad losses already(Atherton), Madison Central is very good team, but I will admit the mercy rule by the hands of Southern was pretty bad? Southern is not a very good team this season. Scott County has played some descent competition so they may have just come together and caught fire at the right time? However, regardless of all that, a legitamate Top 10 team would not have been mercied back-to-back by them even if they had caught fire?
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:I hope this finally proves how rediculus the Coaches Poll really is. There is no way a legitamate top 10 team in the state could get run ruled two games in a row by a team who is not even on the radar of getting votes? This was a team that was barely .500 last season, and had an exit in the first round of the district to Bryan Station, who was not a strong team at all? I am not sure what happened? Nobody does except for those kids, but I can tell you, high quality teams do not get run-ruled by anybody, especially to low-quality teams? Who knows, I wish them all the luck in the world, and I hope they use this as a wake-up call for them to move forward?

It can happen once but should never happen twice in a row. LC should use this to get there egos in check and realize you win games on the field and not on BGR or some rediculous poll.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Well that's not entirely true? Eastern is probably the best team in the state? However, they were beaten by Tates Creek who is a very solid team, Waggener has been gaining a lot of momentum over the past couple of season, and they are no push over, but they do have some bad losses already(Atherton), Madison Central is very good team, but I will admit the mercy rule by the hands of Southern was pretty bad? Southern is not a very good team this season. Scott County has played some descent competition so they may have just come together and caught fire at the right time? However, regardless of all that, a legitamate Top 10 team would not have been mercied back-to-back by them even if they had caught fire?

Your right about Tates Creek.
Wow a big surprise to me as well. Talked to some of the players, said lc had eight errors but only four less hits combined in both games. Lc didn't pitche shepherd but cline,musick,daniel,and tucker. Two of those kids haven't pitched before so feltner is probable trying to figure out what he has. Players told me scottlooked good vs greenup county as well.bottom line is too many errors.
lcgrad2002 Wrote:Wow a big surprise to me as well. Talked to some of the players, said lc had eight errors but only four less hits combined in both games. Lc didn't pitche shepherd but cline,musick,daniel,and tucker. Two of those kids haven't pitched before so feltner is probable trying to figure out what he has. Players told me scottlooked good vs greenup county as well.bottom line is too many errors.

What happened to Cline, I thought he was gonna be a stud this year for the Dawgs? Is Moore still on the DL?
Give 'em a break guys, spring break, 80 degrees, beach bunnies every where. How's a guy supposed to concentrate on a baseball game.
They all said errors killed them, and they hit really good.
They set themselves up for this, disrepecting others will come back to haunt you. Maybe this will bring them down a notch and help them focus on the games rather than the trashtalk.
35 scrimmage games then the real season begins.
dawgbyte02 Wrote:35 scrimmage games then the real season begins.

^ You mean the KHSAA is going to actually make them go ahead and play the post season games. I thought they already had those games won too.
Well not sure if it was the kids on the team rather then some of the kids in school trying to trash talk. I know they were I think 5-0 the last I heard going into the Florida trip.
Batpuff Wrote:Well not sure if it was the kids on the team rather then some of the kids in school trying to trash talk. I know they were I think 5-0 the last I heard going into the Florida trip.
Aint you a sight for sore eyes. Hey, where you been for so loooong?
dawgbyte02 Wrote:35 scrimmage games then the real season begins.
Change in the ole Battle cry, eh?

That wasn't the tone a few weeks ago. LC was gonna set the world on fire. Now 2 losses and people are backtracking all the way to the games are meaningless? It is just 2 losses! The LC faithful should not go from the top of the mountain to waiting for May to ride the ski-lift up. Keep the mentality you had. It was more fun that way.

I am not singling you out DB02, just a shout out to those who deserve it in general.
Pages: 1 2 3