Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Coach Fannin (Hazard) Retired
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hazard High School Coach Fannin retires from coach Girls' Basketball at Hazard.

Anyone who knows Coach Fannin will say he's a GREAT person.

Coach Fannin has over 500 wins, 2-time All "A" State Champion, and 1-time Sweet 16 State Champion.
I've heard only good things about him. he's a heck of a coach.

wonder who Hazard will be looking at to replace him?
To the bench beside him? Coach Fannin has always been a class act and will be missed by all basketball fans in the 14th region and Kentucky basketball.
Coach Fannin's daughter and assist. coach Candi Fannin will NOT take the job, she resigned as an assist. coach today....
I sure hate to hear this. Coach Fannin is a great coach, a great person and an asset to the Hazard athletic program. I have always thought very highly of him and his family. He is a class act and will be greatly missed. Thanks Coach Fannin for all the memories.

[Image: 2735982900106801013S500x500Q85.jpg]
I have a little tribute to Coach Fannin.
http://sports.webshots.com/slideshow/580007282CprnNV[url=http://sports.webshots.com/album/580007282CprnNV][/url]
ekff Wrote:Coach Fannin's daughter and assist. coach Candi Fannin will NOT take the job, she resigned as an assist. coach today....
I was hoping she would.
Coach Fannin is a great person and has a great family.....He truly was an asset to the Hazard girls sports program and to their school. I wish him nothing but the best. He is a great, lifelong friend. Getting to know he and his family is a cherished treasure for me from my days at Hazard. Enjoy your retirement (at the lake)....you've earned it. Maybe someday soon we can take a trip to Gatlinburg....great times. Thank you for all you did for me.....and still do.
A Class Act ON and OFF the court. He coached my daughter 3 years , she was on both his All A State Champion Teams, and Sweet State 16 Champion team. You could not ask for a better person to coach a girls basketball team. Good Luck to Coach Fannin and Frieda !! WE LOVE YOU TWO !!!!
Id like to thank coach fannin for many years coaching hazard girls and boys teams he has always been a class act, good luck with your retirement.
Coach Fannin is a class act. He has done great things for Hazard Athletics.
Coach Fannin was a quality person and a class act. I wish him the best of luck in his retirement.
Have fun in retirement.
Is Heston Beverly going to be the new Girls Coach at Hazard? I have heard this from several people.
These Coaches have also been mentioned to replace Coach Fannin: Dougie Campbell and David Adams.
I have heard that Al Holland may coach the boys and girls next season. I also heard that Happy Mobelini or Harold Brashear may coach the girls.
Coach Fannin is a true class act. Coach Fannin has everyone's respect not only in Hazard but by everyone in the 14th region.

I live in Hazard, and its been less then a week and I've heard 7 people's names in community to replace Coach Fannin: (Happy Mobelini, Harold Brashear, David Adams, John Walker, Denny Fugate, Heston Beverly, and Denna Smith).

Personally, I just want to see someone that will bring a little Hazard Bulldog Pride. All of our coaches' at Hazard are GOOD coaches' but they were also raised up to hate Hazard. I believe that's why Hazard has no Pride anymore. But best of luck to whomever gets the job, they will have big shoes to fill.
How about Coach Napier's assisstant at PC? Coach Whitman would be a good choice and would do a fine job, he has worked with one of the all time great girls coaches for a long time.
Coach Fannin is a great person.
Is there any talk about this job in the community? Checked the KDE website and no job posting yet. Thanks!
UK#24 Wrote:Coach Fannin is a true class act. Coach Fannin has everyone's respect not only in Hazard but by everyone in the 14th region.

I live in Hazard, and its been less then a week and I've heard 7 people's names in community to replace Coach Fannin: (Happy Mobelini, Harold Brashear, David Adams, John Walker, Denny Fugate, Heston Beverly, and Denna Smith).

Personally, I just want to see someone that will bring a little Hazard Bulldog Pride. All of our coaches' at Hazard are GOOD coaches' but they were also raised up to hate Hazard. I believe that's why Hazard has no Pride anymore. But best of luck to whomever gets the job, they will have big shoes to fill.

If you ask Coach Fannin, he will probably tell you that he had a dislike for Hazard also prior to his children attending school there and him coaching and teaching. He was a star at Carr Creek and there wasn't much love for Hazard by them also.
Originally Posted by UK#24
Coach Fannin is a true class act. Coach Fannin has everyone's respect not only in Hazard but by everyone in the 14th region.

The only serious choice up there would be Happy Mobelini. The rest wouldnt have a clue. David Adams couldnt even coach well at the Grade School level. You dont hear of any ex Hazard student/athletes going to college to be teacher/coaches. They all get an easy job for the city when they are done or most of them move off to Lexington for 5 or 6 years of hard partying. Your not going to find that so called HAZARD PRIDE. Any coach you would get, would want to win dont you think?
Who's in the running to replace coach Fannin?
Any leading candidates... or assistants to take over?
I heard Heston Beverly was the Front Runner.
No Heston hasn't applied........ David Adams (knott), Victor Gainer, Tyson Gross (Owsley), and some guy from Knox.... That's all that has applied...
Who is Victor Gainer?
I don't know where he's from, but he coached as an assistant at Alice Lloyd college a few years back, and has been coaching Whitesburg middle school for around the last 3 years...

He's the guy that saved the judge at Circle T......
If Victor really wants it, I'm sure they will give it to him. He is a great guy and works at the college in Hazard I believe. He is a great guy and knows his basketball. And I would hate to be the one to tell him he can't have the job. :yikes: He is a big man.
Vic wont get the job. He dont work for the City School System. You got to be in the system some how to get the job dont you? I hear Kevin Whitman is the frontrunner now. He would make Hazard an excellent choice. He is the reason Perry is so good. He is Randy's #1 Recruiter they say. Maybe some of those kids would fall out of the sky at HHS.
could this be an opening for coach moore of breathitt
Pages: 1 2 3