Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Highlands QB Patrick Towles commits to Kentucky
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://www.courier-journal.com/article/2...y=nav|head

towles could be pulling an april fools joke on UK, but it looks legit. congrats pat and congrats UK. he'll be a great fit for the cats in the future.
It's no April Fool's joke. It's legit. Patrick committed to UK. He really likes UK and the coaches and players there.

I'm happy for Patrick and to be frank, I'm glad this decision has been made prior to the football season beginning. It's out of the way and won't be a distraction to the kid or the team.

I've been a critic of the UK coaches in the past for not doing more than just offering Ky kids and expecting them to come to UK out of state loyalty. Perhaps that's all they did in this case. But I don't think so. They've obviously made Patrick feel that they really want him, that he can play in their system as a QB, and that the offer wasn't just an after thought after other schools offered. Kudos to the UK recruiters for doing what it took to get Patrick to commit to UK.

The administrators of the UK football message boards have to be happy. The way Highlands fans post (way too often for fans of other schools liking), with Patrick at UK, those administrators can expect traffic on their sites to really pick up with Patrick at UK. We may certainly be arrogant but administrators have to be happy with the number of posters and the frequency of posts by Highlands fans. :biggrin:
Agree that it's a good thing he verballed before the season started. He can now concentrate on his senior season (although the recruiting won't really end until NLI day). His verbal ended a huge distraction during the season if UK is where he truly wants to be next year.

I honestly thought his skills fit in better with the offense at UofL but they are stacked at young QB's right now. Patrick will have success no matter where he chooses to go and the Cats picked up a great catch. Looks like playing time may be earlier at UK too.

Keep in mind that many kids change their minds after they verbal but this one seems pretty solid right now.
Great pick-up for Joker!!!

Towles is legit.