Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Girls Ball Still Practicing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just curious, how many girls teams are still having full on, hard practices, even though the season is over? I thought that all teams would be getting a much needed break by now. Anybody know??
Sounds like someone is violating the rules.
haha...that is funny! You actually think someone will say they are practicing? I believe they may be having open gym's for the girls that aren't playing softball, tennis, track or whatever other spring things there are to do.
EKYHoops Wrote:haha...that is funny! You actually think someone will say they are practicing? I believe they may be having open gym's for the girls that aren't playing softball, tennis, track or whatever other spring things there are to do.

Maybe I "worded" it incorrectly. My point is that they need a break from it all,and IF they are having "open gym" with them voraciously, I would think that would turn the players off, not on to be better.
To get better you have to play
I love the idea of "Open Gym" Rolleyes
Any kind of instruction in "Open Gym" is a violation of KHSAA rules. With all the technology available to film this, coaches better what theirselves.
OPEN GYM CLARIFICATION
It is permissible for students to be involved in KHSAA
activities of a school’s open gymnasium program during
the “school year, out-of-season” period under the
following conditions:
§ The gym is open for free play for all individuals and
all activities
§ Schools do not designate sport specific times
§ Coaching or instruction is not provided
§ School employees present shall restrict their duties
to supervision of the facility only
§ Open gym shall be voluntary. No coach or school
representative may directly or by implication direct a
student to attend open gym as a condition for team
membership or restrict the level of team
participation within the high school program.
Attendance should not be recorded nor monitored in
any other form.
Open gym goes on all over the state of Kentucky.
that is true everyone has open gym boys and girls.
And if you want to stay or get to the upper level of participation-you better have yourself in the gym as much as possible.Whats the rulling on these players having AAU
practice. Instruction can and is masked very intelligently now days.To be the best you have stay with or ahead of the rest.
Any program that is any good practices year round!
I agree, practice makes perfect!
Love getting them in the gym.
As long as the coaches follow the rules, it's the only way truly dedicated players/teams can continue to get better. Just sayin. Dunno which schools/coaches "follow the rules and which ones don't. Im sure there are a bit of both here in ky.
Open gym is a great way to keep kids in the qym... It's hard to improve if you pick a basketball at the begining of each new season.
Are middle schools held to same standards as high school in terms of organized practice? Do things such as dead periods and no contact apply to middle schools?