Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Reds- 7 vs Brewers-6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final from Great American Ballpark.

Walk off 3run shot by Hernandez!!!!

WOOOO!
Ramon Hernandez Hits A Walk Off 3-Run Home Run, Giving The Reds A 7-6 Win.

WP - J. Ondrusek (1-0)
LP - J. Axford (0-1)

Home Runs:

Mil (3) - R. Weeks (1) Solo, C. Gomez (1) Solo, R. Braun (1) Solo

Cin (3) - D. Stubbs (1) Solo, J. Votto (1) Solo, R. Hernandez (1) 3 Run Shot

Y Gallardo (Mil) 6.0 IP, 7 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 3 BB, 4 SO, 1 HR

E Volquez (Cin) 6.0 IP, 7 H, 5 R, 5 ER, 2 BB, 5 SO, 3 HR
1st win on opening day, since 2007 over the Cubs.

Glad to see the MVP Votto continue were he left off from last season, 1 HR and 2 RBIs in this one!
Best Opening Day Ever!! LOL

Hernandez goes 4 for 5 with the GW Homer!!!
Awesome!
Gonna be a fun season boys lets just sit back and enjoy the ride.
That, my friend, is how you start to season!
SOOOOOOO Awesome, SOOOOOO jealous of my buddies who were there. One actually wanted the other to leave in the top of the 9th. The other was at his first ever MLB game and refused.
Negatives:

Volquez got pounded
Gomes played lazy defense

Positives:

Stubbs played good as leadoff hitter
Votto 1 for 2 HR & 2 RBI's
Ramon's 4 for 5 and walk-off homer
Bullpen pitched well.
Wow!!! Awesome way to start the year! I was in my car listening on the radio, and the Brewers had just gone up 6-2 in the 7th when my feed completely cut out. The way things had been going, I just figured they had lost. Boy was I surprised when i got home and saw what had happened!

I admit I am a little concerned about Volquez. 5 runs in 6 innings is not getting it done, although with the way he started I suppose it could've been worse. At least he went 6 and saved the bullpen undue work. He had a short spring due to issues with his work visa, and sounds like he was a little rusty to start off. Hopefully he will do better the next time.

As for Gomes, I fully expect to see Chris Heisey in left field either Saturday or Sunday. That kid has a bright future and may overtake Gomes for the starting job later this season.

Go Reds!!!
Votto looked and played really well. Go Redlegs!
csabo17 Wrote:SOOOOOOO Awesome, SOOOOOO jealous of my buddies who were there. One actually wanted the other to leave in the top of the 9th. The other was at his first ever MLB game and refused.

What a great game to be your first. My first game was also a come from behind win with a walk off homer with the big red machine. I will never forget that game (it was actually a twilight double header and they won both games).
Incredible way to kick off the season. It was good to see Edison settle after the first inning.
good win for the reds
Amazing start for the Redlegs!! I got to watch the last two innings of this game and it was completely crazy. The fans were rather bummed to see the amount of runners that their team had left on base throughout the duration of the game and it looked like it may catch back up with them but they somehow come out in the 9th, play small ball, get a lucky bounce and then cash in with their ballpark driving range! Fantastic game by the Reds and I so excited for baseball!!