Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 15th Region All A Championship...S Floyd 82 Paintsville 81
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Congrats Raiders!!!
Great win for the Raiders!!!
Good job Raiders, make the 15th proud. :champ: :#1: :wenumber1
Congrats, anyone got stats?
Way to go Raiders.
Congrats SF...Good luck in Richmond.
Sounded like a great one on the radio, p-ville was inbounding the the ball with a one point lead with like 21 seconds on the clock and was called with 5 seconds. SF scored with 8 seconds to take the lead and the win at 82-81. P-ville got it up the court with 6 seconds called a TO threw in to landon slone and threw up a shot in the lane, no good.
Congrats SF
Paintsville lacks a killer instinct. That's what beat them tonight. They should have put SF away early in the game. PHS was up 13 and then allowed SF shoot open 3's for the next 15 minutes.

If Paintsville hits their free throws down the stretch it wouldn't have mattered that the 5 second call was called after 4 seconds. It also wouldn't have mattered that the SF player inbounding the ball took 3 steps with no call.

I gotta hand it to Ryan Johnson, his well-placed, cheap shot elbow to the nose of JD Van Hoose was good strategy. Van Hoose was the only PHS player that was hot in the 2nd half and Johnson took him out for about 5 minutes. Play was also halted for 5 minutes to wipe ALL the blood off the floor. When JD came back in he was still hot. What gets me is, the cheap shot didn't fire PHS up.:omg: It was almost as if it let some air out of the Tigers.

Good luck to SF. Win a few down at state. BTW, Johnson needs to watch out for palming the ball. They'll call it down state. They don't call it in the 15th region.
Congrats to SF and good luck in Richmond on Thursday!
"sportwhiz" Wrote:Paintsville lacks a killer instinct. That's what beat them tonight. They should have put SF away early in the game. PHS was up 13 and then allowed SF shoot open 3's for the next 15 minutes.

If Paintsville hits their free throws down the stretch it wouldn't have mattered that the 5 second call was called after 4 seconds. It also wouldn't have mattered that the SF player inbounding the ball took 3 steps with no call.

I gotta hand it to Ryan Johnson, his well-placed, cheap shot elbow to the nose of JD Van Hoose was good strategy. Van Hoose was the only PHS player that was hot in the 2nd half and Johnson took him out for about 5 minutes. Play was also halted for 5 minutes to wipe ALL the blood off the floor. When JD came back in he was still hot. What gets me is, the cheap shot didn't fire PHS up.:omg: It was almost as if it let some air out of the Tigers.

Good luck to SF. Win a few down at state. BTW, Johnson needs to watch out for palming the ball. They'll call it down state. They don't call it in the 15th region.

couldn't have said it was better myself... I also understand they want the ball in Landon's hands, but my god, it seemed like every shot J.D. took he made... he was unbelievably on fire... congrats to S.F. but their fans should not have been taunting the parents after the game... especially since we still have a team that is going to All "A" State...
congrats SF c-ya in Richmond good game boys
congrats raiders
Way to go SF great game.. Either way this was the best game of the year. both teams deserved to win... well hard fought game. Way to play Ryan Little. looked like a pro out there past 2 games.. He deserved MVP.

Sportwhiz you have got to be kiddin me. cheap shot from Ryan Johnson???? how about when Pugh kicked him while he was on the ground right before halftime? no call there. The refs were lettin the game be physical.

I was glad to see SF step up tonite and be physical with Paintsville. The Tigers arent used to teams bumping them back like the Raiders did tonite. good luck in Richmond...
"Vincent Vega" Wrote:Way to go SF great game.. Either way this was the best game of the year. both teams deserved to win... well hard fought game. Way to play Ryan Little. looked like a pro out there past 2 games.. He deserved MVP.

Sportwhiz you have got to be kiddin me. cheap shot from Ryan Johnson???? how about when Pugh kicked him while he was on the ground right before halftime? no call there. The refs were lettin the game be physical.

I was glad to see SF step up tonite and be physical with Paintsville. The Tigers arent used to teams bumping them back like the Raiders did tonite. good luck in Richmond...

It's funny to me that Ryan Little was NEVER called for a foul all night long. Regardless of that, he killed PHS down low, he has a nice touch under the goal but alot of his shots came from his @$$, god was sure watching over him tonight.

IDK who elbowed VanHoose, but whoever it was did it at the right time, he was lighting it up. nd sportwhiz is right, he cuffed the ball ALL night long and it was never called, they WILL call it in Richmond, trust me, I been there before myself, it's a whole nother world.

If anyone is kidding around here then it's you Vincent, that game wasn't even CLOSE to being the most physical game Paintsville has played all year, it doesn't even compare to the Magoffin games or the Sheldon Clark game.

Keep your heads up Tigers, you played your @$$' off tonight. Gotta hit those free throws.

Congrats SF, good luck in Richmond.
"Vincent Vega" Wrote:Way to go SF great game.. Either way this was the best game of the year. both teams deserved to win... well hard fought game. Way to play Ryan Little. looked like a pro out there past 2 games.. He deserved MVP.

I agree totally

I went tonight and watched a great game, neither team did deserve to lose. I though paintsville was really gonna have their way the first few minutes, then the raiders hit some threes and made a few stops after the timeout. After that is was close entire game.

now there was a few cheap shots but they came from both sides. Ryan J got kicked at the end of half and nothing was said, Ryan little had a guy holding his leg in the first half and fell into a Paintsville player and was called for a foul. Landon is no angel either. but it was a even called game that the refs let it be physical. Oh and the five second call was legit.
"sportwhiz" Wrote:Paintsville lacks a killer instinct. That's what beat them tonight. They should have put SF away early in the game. PHS was up 13 and then allowed SF shoot open 3's for the next 15 minutes.

cheap shot y just cant stand it SF out play PHS and for the bad calls.........SF didnt get a good call to the 4 quarterand ryan must know what he is doing cause he did d**m against PHS
"ShakeandBake" Wrote:cheap shot y just cant stand it SF out play PHS and for the bad calls.........SF didnt get a good call to the 4 quarterand ryan must know what he is doing cause he did d**m against PHS

You need ALOT of help with your grammar Shake, I can't even understand HALF of what you just said.

And there is NO way that was 5 seconds.
the call was right.........sore LOOSER
"PC_U_KNOW_98" Wrote:It's funny to me that Ryan Little was NEVER called for a foul all night long. Regardless of that, he killed PHS down low, he has a nice touch under the goal but alot of his shots came from his @$$, god was sure watching over him tonight.

IDK who elbowed VanHoose, but whoever it was did it at the right time, he was lighting it up. Everyone said it was Johnson and I would believe it, he is nothing but a lil (edited), yeah he is a great ball player, but that crap he pulls won't work with real referees, and sportwhiz is right, he cuffed the ball ALL night long and it was never called, they WILL call it in Richmond, trust me, I been there before myself, it's a whole nother world.

If anyone is kidding around here then it's you Vincent, that game wasn't even CLOSE to being the most physical game Paintsville has played all year, it doesn't even compare to the Magoffin games or the Sheldon Clark game.

Keep your heads up Tigers, you played your @$$' off tonight. Gotta hit those free throws.

Congrats SF, good luck in Richmond.
listen here bub i didnt say it was there most phyiscal game of the year i just said it was phyiscal and they arent use to it. and they aint. if SF hadnt played like they did P'ville would have run over them.
now i also dont care if everyone on this site hates Ryan Johnson, but petty name callin of any payer of any team will not be tolerated by me or the staff of this site. before you resort to this thikn about the players from other teams. they are by no means angels themselves. pull the wool off ur face so you can see the light.
whether Johnson cuffed the ball or not dont mean crap once SF gets to Richmond. he has other things to worry about. i dont know if he was cuffing the ball. i didnt watch for it. i was too busy watchin the Tiger players hold onto him which wasnt being called. and they will call that stuffin Richond i know i have played there.

now let us just concentrate on tonites game and not this bullcrap. best game i have saw all year no matter the outcome. both teams played well and i wish they both could have went to Richmond.
"Billnz28" Wrote:now there was a few cheap shots but they came from both sides. Ryan J got kicked at the end of half and nothing was said, Ryan little had a guy holding his leg in the first half and fell into a Paintsville player and was called for a foul. Landon is no angel either. but it was a even called game that the refs let it be physical. Oh and the five second call was legit.

I don't consider someone getting their leg held a "cheap shot" maybe a "cheap hold" but not a "cheap shot" Ryan J hit Landon all night long. And that #14 got away with a few good ones himself.
all the calls was for PMS
i mean PHS
Congrats SF on the Win over PHS. No need to argue people refs are gonna have bad calls, and they go BOTH ways. Refs don't make you lose games it's the missed free throws, turnovers, and rebounds that kill you. We lost tonight and SF won, that won't change now no matter what happens. Good Luck at State and make Eastern Ky proud.
no all the calls werent for PHS. it was actually a decent called game. both ways.
"PC_U_KNOW_98" Wrote:I don't consider someone getting their leg held a "cheap shot" maybe a "cheap hold" but not a "cheap shot" Ryan J hit Landon all night long. And that #14 got away with a few good ones himself.

So since it was a hold it was ok,Right

Your team gave their share of cheap shots. Landon and #1 gave their fair share .
"PC_U_KNOW_98" Wrote:I don't consider someone getting their leg held a "cheap shot" maybe a "cheap hold" but not a "cheap shot" Ryan J hit Landon all night long. And that #14 got away with a few good ones himself.
he bumped Landon all nite. i saw it as did everyone else. he got called for it too. but he did get kicked while he was on the ground and that was uncalled for i dont care who ya are. i personally didnt like the shot #23 got to his nose. but we all know how tempers flare. i think that wa a result of the refs lettin things get a little out of hand. you act ike it was all SF and P'ville didnt do anything. man i know u saw the samethings i did. both teams got away with things. some got caught.
i have to say almost all of the calls was for phs landon slone threw cheap shots all night and #1 threw a punch at ryan johnson..the refs called a lot of bad calls...
"Vincent Vega" Wrote:listen here bub i didnt say it was there most phyiscal game of the year i just said it was phyiscal and they arent use to it. and they aint. if SF hadnt played like they did P'ville would have run over them.
now i also dont care if everyone on this site hates Ryan Johnson, but petty name callin of any payer of any team will not be tolerated by me or the staff of this site. before you resort to this thikn about the players from other teams. they are by no means angels themselves. pull the wool off ur face so you can see the light.
whether Johnson cuffed the ball or not dont mean crap once SF gets to Richmond. he has other things to worry about. i dont know if he was cuffing the ball. i didnt watch for it. i was too busy watchin the Tiger players hold onto him which wasnt being called. and they will call that stuffin Richond i know i have played there.

now let us just concentrate on tonites game and not this bullcrap. best game i have saw all year no matter the outcome. both teams played well and i wish they both could have went to Richmond.

I don't hate Ryan Johnson, I don't hate anyone (except for the AC fans who started that chant lastnight). All I said was he played like a thug, he didn't play like that when I saw him at the Paintsville tourney. As for wool on my face, sorry aint got none, I can't grow it. Johnson did cuff the ball, he would have never got held or rode up the lane if he woulda been called for it. There is nothing "bullcrap" goin on, everything being said has alot to do with the game there BUB.
Two things, one, it was 5 seconds, two, SF got calls all night long and I didnt care who won the game. SF got the better end of the refs calls tonight. Yes there were bad and missed calls for both ends of the court, but from an unbiased observer, SF got lucky tonight. E.Johnson, M.Hall, R.Little played a hard game R.Johnson? well maybe he'll have a better game in Richmond. Landon Slone was super hot in the first quarter, and Vanhoose was the go to man tonight.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6