Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Does Sheldon Clark Need A New Coach ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Imo i think they need a new coach who can lead,motivate,and bring a fresh outlook on the game of basketball and what it takes to be winners.The coach they have now does not have what it takes to lead them to state.He has some of the best talent in the mountains and just simply blows it.Brandon may is one of the best shooters in the 15th.Jayrd Crum is a real talent at the point.He had some great talent last year and could not get out of the districts.Under his command SC only won 25% of their games.This year they have only won 44% of their games.When is somebody gonna step up for SC and demand better? The future does not look bright for SC at this point in time!!! Sad
They most definitely do, they have underachieved the past 3 years. They were picked to be top 3 teams each of the last 3 years, and wound up near the bottom.
I think that they most definetly need a new coach. The past few years they have had lots of talent but did nothing with it. I couldnt tell you everyone that has left there to play somewhere else, for what ever reason i dont know but it may have been the coach.Alex Cassidy, Brad Pack, The real good shooter that went to lawerence county, Jason Hammond left but did go back, Jessie Meeks, and almost lost a couple this year. Not to mention all the talent in the school, that dont even come out and play. Something must be done.
Here we go... let's hang the coach.
One of you point out a tactical error, quick. While you're at it, go ahead and post your coaching resumes, if you don't mind showing how qualified you are to judge the guy.
They need somthing not sure.........
i went to school at sheldon clark and i have to mention coach hammonds is a good coach all he can do is coach his team he cant play for them what i see out of them is no effort at all.. now i cant say that they need to get rid of him or not but give him a chance this year let the rest of this year play out and then see all this does is distract sheldon clark becaus e u no all those boys read this stuff
"OU_Bruiser" Wrote:They need somthing not sure.........

I agree!!!
This team is full of talent and can only be best described as dangerous.
They should be described as a top tier team looking to go to the Sweet 16, but nobody considers them a threat to do that, just as a team that could knock out a potential contender.
New coach??? Maybe.
That is where the blame usually falls. Maybe deserved, maybe not. If Hammonds believes he can do no better for this program, I am sure he would step aside on his own. But if he still believes in his own capabilities, then get behind him and your school!!
they need something they should have been awsome this year
"Paper Boy" Wrote:Here we go... let's hang the coach.
One of you point out a tactical error, quick. While you're at it, go ahead and post your coaching resumes, if you don't mind showing how qualified you are to judge the guy.

First of all when someone takes a position in the public eye and especially when they are leading kids they leave themselves open for scrutiny. I do not see a tactical error, I see a coach who's record speaks for itself. And to others who are blaming it on the kids, they look to their coach for guidance. They need someone who has confidence in himself and his players. Sheldon Clark's boy's do have a fire in their bellies. Their are some boys on that team that eat, sleep and breathe basketball. They are always given the speech " Give it another year" while in the meantime their chances are not improving any. Take Brandon May for example, he has the talent and determination that it takes but now that he's a senior his chances of living out the dream of getting to go to Rupp and play are now slim to none.He may get to go to college and play ball, who know's what the future may hold for him. As for the other young players their talent should not be allowed to wither away just because their coach is a good man. He may be the finest person in the world, but as a coach I feel that he is lacking. The players can only be as good as the coach. Their is something not right when those boys repeatedly come out of the locker room with their heads hung low. They all need some motivation! They all need someone who can motivate them one way or another, even the coach!!!
"jayblackcat2006" Wrote:They most definitely do, they have underachieved the past 3 years. They were picked to be top 3 teams each of the last 3 years, and wound up near the bottom.
2 years ago his team won 20 games, won the district tournament, and also went to the semi-finals of the regional tournament(Better get your facts straight before you post and look stupid). If that is underachieving then you must have pretty high standards espically considering nobody labeled them as a top 10 team before the season started. So I doubt you can say for the past 3 years they have underachieved. Last year SC hit some hard times despite the fact of having one of the more talented teams in the region. This years team may be playing under-par but I was unaware that the season was over. All it takes is one hot streak and they can be playing in the regional tournament. Other coaches have done less with talent and their abilities are not being questioned.
How many district championships does Johnny Martin have in the past 3 years? How many 20 win seasons has he had in the past 3 seasons?
JR Hammonds is doing a fine job at SC. He plays in the toughest district in the region year in and year out (which has just gotten worse due to the addition of Lawrence Co). I guess it is alot easier for to coach sitting in the stands. Since Rick Pitino doesn't seem to be beating your door down on pointers why not leave coaching to coaches.Confusederved:
LES TRIMBLE!! Nothing more said!
The team is loaded with to me the best player in the mountains in May.
Quote:2 years ago his team won 20 games, won the district tournament, and also went to the semi-finals of the regional tournament(Better get your facts straight before you post and look stupid). If that is underachieving then you must have pretty high standards espically considering nobody labeled them as a top 10 team before the season started. So I doubt you can say for the past 3 years they have underachieved. Last year SC hit some hard times despite the fact of having one of the more talented teams in the region. This years team may be playing under-par but I was unaware that the season was over. Since Rick Pitino doesn't seem to be beating your door down on pointers why not leave coaching to coaches.

In the 2002-2003 season they were 5-21. The 2003-2004 season they were 19-10.The 2004-2005 season they were 6-19.This season their record stands at 8-11.If you think we look stupid for posting on this thread (I think you should take a long hard look in the mirror)!!! I have my facts straight and just because he has had one good season does not make him a top coach.Furthermore with Lawerence being added to the 57Th District should not matter. You want people to think his job is harder now than what it was before and say poor ol' coach.Boo Hoo Hoo!!!! I guess next you try and tell us that his players are sub-par.I don't think that will work either.Brandon is one of the best shooters in the 15th and Jaryd Crum is the best point guard ever to lace his shoes up at SC.The coach has a good bench also.It's time you face the facts he can't coach at the highschool level. Confusederved:
"cardsfan" Wrote:In the 2002-2003 season they were 5-21. The 2003-2004 season they were 19-10.The 2004-2005 season they were 6-19.This season their record stands at 8-11.If you think we look stupid for posting on this thread (I think you should take a long hard look in the mirror)!!! I have my facts straight and just because he has had one good season does not make him a top coach.Furthermore with Lawerence being added to the 57Th District should not matter. You want people to think his job is harder now than what it was before and say poor ol' coach.Boo Hoo Hoo!!!! I guess next you try and tell us that his players are sub-par.I don't think that will work either.Brandon is one of the best shooters in the 15th and Jaryd Crum is the best point guard ever to lace his shoes up at SC.The coach has a good bench also.It's time you face the facts he can't coach at the highschool level. Confusederved:

Brandon and Spud are both good players. I never said that they were not, but you said his teams had underachieved for the past 3 seasons and you were and still are wrong. The 2003-2004 team overachieved more than anyone in the region. He had a rough year last year and you want to throw him out? Phil Jackson could not have coached that team to a better record. They simply did not gel. This season is far from over and Coach Hammonds has done an admirable job with a group of players that are extreamley talented, but still remian up and down. A good bench? Name one player off the bench that could play at Johnson Central, Pike Central, Belfry, Prestonsburg, or Paintsville. What kind of point production does he get off the bench? 5,7, maybe 9 points on good nights? Against AC he only had 4 players score. You must really know your stuff bub. I bet every coach in the region would kill to have a bench like that. So once again my friend, before you post radical statments (Good Bench) or statments that are just plain wrong you might want to get your facts straight.:BigLaugh:

I'm not saying he is the Messiah of Sheldon Clark basketball, but I am saying he has done an admirable job. Johnny Martin and Danny Adams are regarded as two of the better coaches the 15th region has had and they both went stretches longer than JR Hammonds(1 in 5 years) without winning a district championship and I don't recall anyone wanting them thrown out. Why should it be diffrent at SC than the other places mentioned?
"Matney's Prodigey" Wrote:Brandon and Spud are both good players. I never said that they were not, but you said his teams had underachieved for the past 3 seasons and you were and still are wrong. The 2003-2004 team overachieved more than anyone in the region. He had a rough year last year and you want to throw him out? Phil Jackson could not have coached that team to a better record. They simply did not gel. This season is far from over and Coach Hammonds has done an admirable job with a group of players that are extreamley talented, but still remian up and down. A good bench? Name one player off the bench that could play at Johnson Central, Pike Central, Belfry, Prestonsburg, or Paintsville. What kind of point production does he get off the bench? 5,7, maybe 9 points on good nights? Against AC he only had 4 players score. You must really know your stuff bub. I bet every coach in the region would kill to have a bench like that. So once again my friend, before you post radical statments (Good Bench) or statments that are just plain wrong you might want to get your facts straight.:BigLaugh:

I'm not saying he is the Messiah of Sheldon Clark basketball, but I am saying he has done an admirable job. Johnny Martin and Danny Adams are regarded as two of the better coaches the 15th region has had and they both went stretches longer than JR Hammonds(1 in 5 years) without winning a district championship and I don't recall anyone wanting them thrown out. Why should it be diffrent at SC than the other places mentioned?

If the coach or his assistants get replaced, they can always give dance lessons at Vitos....... :dance:
"halfstep" Wrote:LES TRIMBLE!! Nothing more said!
It took a lot of thought and intelligence to come up with that.Rolleyes
[QUOTE="Matney's Prodigey"]Brandon and Spud are both good players. I never said that they were not, but you said his teams had underachieved for the past 3 seasons and you were and still are wrong. The 2003-2004 team overachieved more than anyone in the region. He had a rough year last year and you want to throw him out? Phil Jackson could not have coached that team to a better record. They simply did not gel. This season is far from over and Coach Hammonds has done an admirable job with a group of players that are extreamley talented, but still remian up and down. A good bench? Name one player off the bench that could play at Johnson Central, Pike Central, Belfry, Prestonsburg, or Paintsville. What kind of point production does he get off the bench? 5,7, maybe 9 points on good nights? Against AC he only had 4 players score. You must really know your stuff bub. I bet every coach in the region would kill to have a bench like that. So once again my friend, before you post radical statments (Good Bench) or statments that are just plain wrong you might want to get your facts straight.:BigLaugh:

Once again you are WRONG!!!! I never said that they underacheived.I do not consider 8-11 an admirable season(no matter what school you are at)!! You must be a relative or something. As far as his bench goes he has Hinkle who plays hard under the basket, Porter who can shoot up the spot-up three, Robinson,Goble and Fluty. All of these boys if given a coach who knew how to develop talent, would be UNSTOPPABLE. I want to know, (since you know it all)Rolleyes what team in the 15th region has a bench that can score more than 5,7 0r 9 points with their players coming in cold off the bench? By the way I just happen to know that there are a couple of coaches in our region that would welcome some of the talent that S.C.'s coach is squandering!!!!!! Maybe Sheldon Clark doesn't need a new coach, maybe the talent just needs to go elsewhere!!!!:bike:
If SC thought they needed a new coach, they'd get one. As long as they're happy with the current coach, why stir up trouble? Heck, just enjoy the fact that there's one less serious threat in the 57th:thumb:

[/QUOTE]By the way I just happen to know that there are a couple of coaches in our region that would welcome some of the talent that S.C.'s coach is squandering!!!!!! Maybe Sheldon Clark doesn't need a new coach, maybe the talent just needs to go elsewhere!!!!:bike: [/QUOTE]

You're darned skippy! And it's a "buyers market" out there!

Les Trimble @ SC? I just can't see that! I like him right where he is for now. Let's just see what shakes loose.
Sooo many thoughts... so little time!
"cardsfan

Once again you are [color=red" Wrote:
WRONG!!!![/color] I never said that they underacheived.I do not consider 8-11 an admirable season(no matter what school you are at)!! You must be a relative or something. As far as his bench goes he has Hinkle who plays hard under the basket, Porter who can shoot up the spot-up three, Robinson,Goble and Fluty. All of these boys if given a coach who knew how to develop talent, would be UNSTOPPABLE. I want to know, (since you know it all)Rolleyes what team in the 15th region has a bench that can score more than 5,7 0r 9 points with their players coming in cold off the bench? By the way I just happen to know that there are a couple of coaches in our region that would welcome some of the talent that S.C.'s coach is squandering!!!!!! Maybe Sheldon Clark doesn't need a new coach, maybe the talent just needs to go elsewhere!!!!:bike:

So your saying you'll take Hinkle, Porter, Robinson, Goble, and Fluty and win the region since they would be unstopable? WOW. You must be Adolph Rupp himself. Smile Smile These are all good role players and can help you in spots but to say he has a strong bench is far-fetched. Many of the players you listed have bright futures, but bright futures don't equal immediate wins. A bench that would be more productive would be Pike Central's since Brad Ratliff scored 23 points off the bench against P'burg. Besides the 5,7, or 9 points I was refering to is the season high coming off the bench not the average. SC has a valuable bench, but you made them sound like the premire bench in the region. Lets not get carried away. JR Hammonds has done as much as many other coaches who don't appear on the hot seat so why should he be?
sc has alot of talent but they do need a new coach....roger harless needs to quit coaching the sc girls and start with the boys.... he changed tug valley alot
Maybe they just need to listen to the coach?
"cardinalplayer_17" Wrote:sc has alot of talent but they do need a new coach....roger harless needs to quit coaching the sc girls and start with the boys.... he changed tug valley alot
Tug Valley won a state championship before Roger Harless got there and how many did they win while he was there? Zero. Tug Valley was already one of the premire teams in West Virginia before he went there, that was not his doing.
"Matney's Prodigey" Wrote:So your saying you'll take Hinkle, Porter, Robinson, Goble, and Fluty and win the region since they would be unstopable? WOW. You must be Adolph Rupp himself. Smile Smile These are all good role players and can help you in spots but to say he has a strong bench is far-fetched. Many of the players you listed have bright futures, but bright futures don't equal immediate wins. A bench that would be more productive would be Pike Central's since Brad Ratliff scored 23 points off the bench against P'burg. Besides the 5,7, or 9 points I was refering to is the season high coming off the bench not the average. SC has a valuable bench, but you made them sound like the premire bench in the region. Lets not get carried away. JR Hammonds has done as much as many other coaches who don't appear on the hot seat so why should he be?

You can try to twist the post anyway you want to. As for Ratliff, that is not typical scoring for someone off the bench and if it is then that coach must know what to do with his talent.I still believe that Sheldon Clark has a good bench, no they may not be "premeire", but I also don't think that it is being used to it's fullest potential.As far as other coaches, I could really care less. I'll leave that up to their fans. :dance:
"ChillyWilly" Wrote:It took a lot of thought and intelligence to come up with that.Rolleyes

Yeah a whole lot more than it did to fire a two time district champ and regional runner up! The thread asked does SC need a new coach and that was my answer. Unlike yours, were you always have to quote someone and say something smartA#$! Try answering a thread every once and awhile and quit hackin on people and their post! :please: :wtf1:

I mean that was just completely uncalled for! To pretty much just call some stupid! That's sounds like something a 4th or 5th grader would do, just to get attention. Tongueuke:
"halfstep" Wrote:Yeah a whole lot more than it did to fire a two time district champ and regional runner up! The thread asked does SC need a new coach and that was my answer. Unlike yours, were you always have to quote someone and say something smartA#$! Try answering a thread every once and awhile and quit hackin on people and their post! :please: :wtf1:

I mean that was just completely uncalled for! To pretty much just call some stupid! That's sounds like something a 4th or 5th grader would do, just to get attention. Tongueuke:
Not calling anyone anything.Lets just tell it like it is though halfstep, the statement that you originally made was a smartA#$ one to begin with. Thats the part where someone made a post just to get attention.

When did Johnson Central ever become a regional runner up under Trimble? That never happened. Look it up before you start spouting off about things that you know nothing about.
#11 "Les Trimble Nothing more said."

This was my original post!

"ChillyWilly" Wrote:It took a lot of thought and intelligence to come up with that.Rolleyes

That was your follow up!

My bad on the 15th region runner up. I know he went pretty deep one year though. He just didn't deserve what he got! He was a good coach!
"halfstep" Wrote:#11 "Les Trimble Nothing more said."

This was my original post!

That was your follow up!

My bad on the 15th region runner up. I know he went pretty deep one year though. He just didn't deserve what he got! He was a good coach!
If you call winning one game deep. Maybe he could go to Paintsville. I hear he's going to replace Tubby anyways.Smile
"ChillyWilly" Wrote:If you call winning one game deep. Maybe he could go to Paintsville. I hear he's going to replace Tubby anyways.Smile

Just winning a game at Region is deep for Central!
"halfstep" Wrote:Just winning a game at Region is deep for Central!
DUH!!!!!!

Well there's your answer then.Rolleyes
Pages: 1 2 3 4