Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 2011 Football Schedules
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What about the football schedules for next season? How do they look? Can't wait until football season.
Aug.19 @ Pikeville

Aug.26 Williamsburg

Sept.2 Appalachia,Va. (Alumni Bowl)

Sept.9 @ Middlesboro

Sept.16 Lynn Camp

Sept.23 @ Leslie Co.

Sept.30 Open

Oct.7 Hazard

Oct.14 @ Pineville (Battle of 119)

Oct.21 @ Jenkins

Oct.28 Corbin (Senior Night)

This the toughest schedule that I ever remember Harlan playing. I'm hoping 7-3 this year. Maybe 8-2. The Dragons have improved greatly over last season if spring practice was any indication. Last season they were little more than really good jv team with only 3 seniors and 2 juniors that contributed much. Everyone has had a good off season in the weight room and gotten alot stronger. Overall maturity is through the roof. Really, its up to them as to how far they can go this season. The potential is there.
Cardinal Fan 12 Wrote:What about the football schedules for next season? How do they look? Can't wait until football season.

Theres one already started...
http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/sho...ht=whitley
OUCH... Appalachia will close in 10 weeks. Any ideas on a replacement team?
I had seen where they were going to consolidate with Powell Valley. But, I didn't know it was this soon. You would think that they knew about this 2 months ago when they were added to the schedule. As far as I know this would be our first meeting. I thought next year was thier last. Now, we could get stuck playing just about any team with a gap to fill. Thanks for pointing that out.
141 more days!!!
Cardinal Fan 12 Wrote:What about the football schedules for next season? How do they look? Can't wait until football season.

Just perchance you do not have the Sheldon 2011 schedule hear it is:

Rockcastle County Away
P-burg Home
Frankfort Away
Pikeville Away
Perry Central Home
Belfry Away
Lawrence County Away
East Ridge Home
Pike Central Home
Open Week
Hazard Home

After a quick thought, I happened to think, hey, there are some other Cardinals' out there. But if you are referring to Sheldon Clark, the schedule is above.
Dragonsdad Wrote:I had seen where they were going to consolidate with Powell Valley. But, I didn't know it was this soon. You would think that they knew about this 2 months ago when they were added to the schedule. As far as I know this would be our first meeting. I thought next year was thier last. Now, we could get stuck playing just about any team with a gap to fill. Thanks for pointing that out.

They didn't know 2 weels ago. Wise Co. & schools has been a cluster * for the past few years. They can't decide what to do. 2 months ago, the plan was to combine 6 old into 2 new buildings. They then applied for, and rec'd, a no-interest loan for $15 Mil. Then 1 county supervisor changed his mind/vote and the whole funding plan didn't pass the BoS.
School Super. said last year that if no progress had been made to get new buildings, the smaller 3 would close. So, at the first SB meeting after the BoS pulled their funding (this past week), he said 3 will close this Summer.