Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Josh Harrellson key to UK-UNC game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Remember awhile back when everyone was fretting about the Kentucky Wildcats, and the fact that they kept losing close games on the road? Observers looked at the Wildcats' 2-6 record in SEC road games and said that coach John Calipari's team was unlikely to make it very far in the NCAA tournament. Teams that can't win away from home, the thinking went, certainly can't win away from home in the NCAA tournament.

That is indeed customarily the case, but clearly Kentucky in 2011 represents an exception to that tendency. The Wildcats and their ugly 2-6 conference road record are one game away from the Final Four after a thrilling 62-60 win over No. 1 overall seed Ohio State on Friday night. How has UK won six games in a row -- counting SEC tournament games -- outside of Rupp Arena? And, looking ahead, what are the Cats' chances against a very good North Carolina Tar Heels team in the Elite Eight?......

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncb/tournamen...%3d6260891
See I don't really think that Harrellson is the biggest key. I think that it is the match up of Henson and Jones. Harrellson has now proved himself against a player like Sullinger and he will get in there and play well with Zeller. I am more interested to see if Jones and get Henson out around the key and take it to the basket and maybe get some fouls called.
I think Harrellson is a huge part of the game. But to me, the biggest key is... whoever is guarding Marshall. Because without Marshall running the PG position. This team is nothing.
MisterPerfect Wrote:I think Harrellson is a huge part of the game. But to me, the biggest key is... whoever is guarding Marshall. Because without Marshall running the PG position. This team is nothing.

I agree but I wouldn't say their team is nothing without him. Their still one of the most talented teams without Marshall. When he got put into the starting lineup that's when UNC starting clicking. Scary thing is, he wasn't even playing much when they beat us earlier in the year.
Aslan Wrote:I agree but I wouldn't say their team is nothing without him. Their still one of the most talented teams without Marshall. When he got put into the starting lineup that's when UNC starting clicking. Scary thing is, he wasn't even playing much when they beat us earlier in the year.

That's what I meant. He made the team spark when he became the starting PG.
MisterPerfect Wrote:I think Harrellson is a huge part of the game. But to me, the biggest key is... whoever is guarding Marshall. Because without Marshall running the PG position. This team is nothing.

probally put Liggins on him
cuppett777 Wrote:probally put Liggins on him

I hope not. Liggins should be on Barnes.
I think that Liggins said that he will guard Marshall... I think someone mentioned it at the presser yesterday. I think that will cause turnovers and get Marshall frustrated.
The key to beating UNC is punch them in the mouth early. Tough defense from the start making them take low % shots then switching it up and going zone on them. If we come out with intesity like we had last night then UK will win.
It is going to be interesting if they put Liggins on Marshall. That would probably mean that:
Liggins-Marshall
Miller-Barnes
Harrellson-Zeller
Jones-Henson
Knight-Strickland
LWC Wrote:It is going to be interesting if they put Liggins on Marshall. That would probably mean that:
Liggins-Marshall
Miller-Barnes
Harrellson-Zeller
Jones-Henson
Knight-Strickland

I love the match-ups!!!
Zeller killed the cats in the first game. If Zeller is not contained, this will be a long day. With UNC having a PG, what they did not have in the first match-up, will make this game that much more difficult for the Cats. Big men are rarely the keys to the game. It's the guards. Big men cannot get themselves the ball, so to me, it's the PG match-up that is the most important aspect of todays game.