Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Williamson (WV) @ Pikeville - 3/29
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
:popcorn:

3 Balls, 2 Strikes

I Don't Know anything about Williamson, so I'm gonna go with Pikeville
I'll go with the Panthers by 2 runs.
mercy rule...pikeville
Get Ready Wrote:mercy rule...pikeville

Agree.
pikeville, who is on the hill for the panthers?
I have heard that Cecil will be seeing his first action of the season.
anxious to see what he brings for the panthers.
is williamson any count?
Dashiprock Wrote:pikeville, who is on the hill for the panthers?

Ward to start out, Cecil to relieve.
Cant rush into it.
PIKEcountyFAN Wrote:Ward to start out, Cecil to relieve.
Cant rush into it.
Well I am not sure I like this at all. In all reality, Ward is a reliever. Why not let Cecil go through his normal routine in pregame and limit his pitches from there? We saw it all year last year with Hamilton, he just could not be a reliever. I don't think it is fair to Layne to be forced into a situation you are not used to, when you are trying to get back in the swing of things.
Panther Thunder Wrote:Well I am not sure I like this at all. In all reality, Ward is a reliever. Why not let Cecil go through his normal routine in pregame and limiting his pitches from there? We sae it all year last year with Hamilton, he just could not be a reliever. I don't think it is fair to Layne to be forced into a situation you are not used to, when you are trying to get back in the swing of things.

You couldn't be more right? Starting pitchers have a routine they get set into, and the earlier you can get them into that routine the better. You can't wait until half way thru the season until they are comfortable going thru their pregame starting routine. This can throw off everything these pitchers work on throughout the year. I understand the thinking i guess? He may be trying to get him use to going in the middle of the game, or maybe he has another role for him? Who knows?
that would be my guess is to get cecil to go in pretty much at any time.