Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Jared Sullinger to Return to Ohio State for Sophomore Season
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Good to see a good player sticking around in college, especially for my Buckeyes. Made his announcement quickly.
I guessed this one. This kids just hungry! And you can tell it, he's a competitor.
We'll see when that money comes knocking at his door. Great player, no doubt. But I just can't see the kid coming back when he's projected that high in the draft.
he's a very good ball player and he will bring good things to Ohio State as he continues his college career
He's full of crap. I don't know how many players have said this bs, then went pro.
Sorry man but only way he stay is if there is a lock out. Sullinger is gone baby.
I think it was something said by a young, frustrated player.

Hopefully he does leave just in case we play them again next year.
I would be very surprised if he does not change his mind after a little time to get over the loss and to start thinking about the dollar signs!
He has said for quite a while that he wants to play college basketball for two years.
I think he'll stay.
I see him leaving. Ohio State loses WAAAYYY too much to be as good as they were this season.

I would love to see him stay because I like when college players stay.
He is gone. Unless Ohio State starts paying better lmao.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:He is gone. Unless Ohio State starts paying better lmao.

He could sell a few jerseys! :biggrin:
Nah, I think he'll stay too. I hope he does anyways, it'll be good for college basketball next season. I'm not big on the NBA so I'd like to see him come back, I enjoy watching him play.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:He is gone. Unless Ohio State starts paying better lmao.

LWC Wrote:He could sell a few jerseys! :biggrin:

:thatsfunn Pretty funny guys.

Ohio State can go to ****. I really don't like them.

That's low! But VERY VERY funny!!!

:lmao:
Who cares anyway.
Ohio state players are about as important as my dirty underwear.
Why dont you see if sullinger can get on Tressels salary so he will stay then him and pryor can go get some more retarded tatoos.
I just do not see it for Jared. Unless someone knows a little more about him than I do (like he is close to getting his degree or something), he is just too high up to pass up that money being a top 5 pick.
Maybe the kid enjoys college or the money doesn't mean as much to him or something. Playing with a 5th year senior, a senior, and a junior may have influenced him, you never know. Ohio State could very well be back next year with Sullinger, Craft (who was only the 5th ranked of our recruiting class) and a decent class next year IF Buford returns. Plus, you see how good leaving after one year worked out for Greg Oden...
Belfry0304 Wrote:Maybe the kid enjoys college or the money doesn't mean as much to him or something. Playing with a 5th year senior, a senior, and a junior may have influenced him, you never know. Ohio State could very well be back next year with Sullinger, Craft (who was only the 5th ranked of our recruiting class) and a decent class next year IF Buford returns. Plus, you see how good leaving after one year worked out for Greg Oden...

Maybe he could stay and just sell some memorabilia to make money.
As much as I have ragged on Jared, he seems to be a model athlete. He is passionate about the game and his team, and as far as I know he is as clean as a whistle. Whatever he does, I wish him the best (unless he plays against UK or the Sacramento Kings.)
LWC Wrote:As much as I have ragged on Jared, he seems to be a model athlete. He is passionate about the game and his team, and as far as I know he is as clean as a whistle. Whatever he does, I wish him the best (unless he plays against UK or the Sacramento Kings.)

Agreed!! I really have a lot of respect for Ohio St and those players. Thad Matta has a great thing going up there and the kids that he has recruited seem to be rather humble.
Benchwarmer Wrote:Maybe he could stay and just sell some memorabilia to make money.

Keep taking your shots. Ohio State makes millions off those guys from merchandise and ticket sales, the NCAA is pathetic for not letting them make some money for themselves. They made mistakes, big deal. No wins have been forfeited or anything.
Belfry0304 Wrote:Keep taking your shots. Ohio State makes millions off those guys from merchandise and ticket sales, the NCAA is pathetic for not letting them make some money for themselves. They made mistakes, big deal. No wins have been forfeited or anything.

:biggrin:
IMO, Good decision for the kid. Needs to develop his perimeter game on both ends of the floor.