Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Is this the greatest post-season ever?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Is this turning into the greatest post-season ever for bluegrass basketball fans? Both boys and girls Sweet Sixteen Championships ends on last second shots. Morehead State upsets Louisville and becomes an overnight household name. Kentucky is on the verge of going to the final four. Pikeville College makes an improbable run and wins the national championship. Bellarmine College is playing for the national championship tomorrow. This season is the gift that keeps on giving and I hope it continues.
For me, personally, yes. My Lady Rockets win it all and all the other things you said make it a yes.
Definitely for my time. Yes!!! With no doubt about it.
Most of us have had our favorite high school or college teams do well in the post season but I have never seen this many teams do well and generate so much excitement at so many places across the state. I will need to rest after this season.
I din't watch any of the other Kentucky teams in their post season success, but I think this is a great post season for UK.
No.
God no. Not for me. No matter how good any other team in KY is, all that matters to me is a UK National Championship. That would more than make up for anything else.

But, I do agree, this has been an outstanding year for basketball in Kentucky.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:Is this turning into the greatest post-season ever for bluegrass basketball fans? Both boys and girls Sweet Sixteen Championships ends on last second shots. Morehead State upsets Louisville and becomes an overnight household name. Kentucky is on the verge of going to the final four. Pikeville College makes an improbable run and wins the national championship. Bellarmine College is playing for the national championship tomorrow. This season is the gift that keeps on giving and I hope it continues.

How can you forget to mention that Duke gets blown out in the sweet 16.
sstack Wrote:How can you forget to mention that Duke gets blown out in the sweet 16.

LoL. You are right. How can I forget that.
Also, UL out in the first round and Georgetown Tigers were in the final 4.
I dont know about the best, but I know its been a very exciting one. I've had a blast with the post season this year (High School and College).
Not the best.
It might be if we win it all but right now 96 is still my fav.
Bolt Wrote:Not the best.
It might be if we win it all but right now 96 is still my fav.

That was just UK. This is referring to other basketball teams in Kentucky also. I do believe that Paintsville won the Sweet Sixteen in 1996.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:That was just UK. This is referring to other basketball teams in Kentucky also. I do believe that Paintsville won the Sweet Sixteen in 1996.

Exactly, nothing matters but UK so i could care less about the rest of these little schools.
although good year in high school tourney.
Bolt Wrote:Exactly, nothing matters but UK so i could care less about the rest of these little schools.
although good year in high school tourney.

I am glad you are being honest and expressing your narrow-minded opinion although true basketball fans are going to support all Kentucky schools in the tournament.
Keep personal attacks of the thread. If you have a problem with someone PM them or the thread will be closed!!!
Bellarmine wins the National Championship. I do believe that Kentucky is "The" Basketball State of America.
One more thing stands in between me making that kind of a claim. I am so happy for these schools! My dad's Alma Mater Pikeville College and yet another school in Bellarmine University making this whole state stand out!! While the titan of college basketball UK knocks off arguably the best team in the tourney!!!! Unbelievable season no matter the ultimate ending. AMAZING!!
OrangenowBlue Wrote:I am glad you are being honest and expressing your narrow-minded opinion although true basketball fans are going to support all Kentucky schools in the tournament.

Well i am a true UK fan, so i guess that means true kentucky basketball fan so i guess im the exception to your remarks.
Sorry, but it wont be a good year unless UK wins it all. The rest is just for show...
Bolt Wrote:Well i am a true UK fan, so i guess that means true kentucky basketball fan so i guess im the exception to your remarks.
Sorry, but it wont be a good year unless UK wins it all. The rest is just for show...

And what a "show" it has been.
Bolt Wrote:Well i am a true UK fan, so i guess that means true kentucky basketball fan so i guess im the exception to your remarks.
You are not a true UK fan, if you say it won't be a good year with anything less than a championship trophy. You are a "fair weather" fan.
I have enjoyed it for several reasons. There is no GREAT team, thus it has made this tournament wide-open where anyone can win.
Duke got beat out. So, yes it has been a good tourny.
TheRealVille Wrote:You are not a true UK fan, if you say it won't be a good year with anything less than a championship trophy. You are a "fair weather" fan.

Not true, and im really the only one who knows how much i like someone or not, but i dont take losing as success.
At a prestigious program, the winningest program, i believe anything less than a national championship is a failure.
Call me crazy but you cant honestly say youd be happy with this season if we lose to Carolina today. Then all wed have to show is an elite 8 run, like last year, and like last year, that team has no banner to show for anything.
Bolt Wrote:Not true, and im really the only one who knows how much i like someone or not, but i dont take losing as success.
At a prestigious program, the winningest program, i believe anything less than a national championship is a failure.
Call me crazy but you cant honestly say youd be happy with this season if we lose to Carolina today. Then all wed have to show is an elite 8 run, like last year, and like last year, that team has no banner to show for anything.

Bolt, I'll be very disappointed if the Cats lose today. But to put things in perspective, I would never have expected this team to get this far. This team was not constructed well enough to make it this far into the tournament. I thought last year it was a tremendous accomplishment for that team to make the Elite 8. That team was incredibly better than this years team, thus it makes me respect what these kids have done this year more than last years. Thus, I am ecstatic that the Cats are even in this game.
Okay!!! Only one more team to make this a perfect tourney!! There was 5 teams that I wanted out more than anything. Louisville, Duke, Kansas, North Carolina, UCLA....... Almost perfect!!! COME BOYS!!! THIS IS OURS!!
Stardust Wrote:Bolt, I'll be very disappointed if the Cats lose today. But to put things in perspective, I would never have expected this team to get this far. This team was not constructed well enough to make it this far into the tournament. I thought last year it was a tremendous accomplishment for that team to make the Elite 8. That team was incredibly better than this years team, thus it makes me respect what these kids have done this year more than last years. Thus, I am ecstatic that the Cats are even in this game.

Yea i see where youre coming from.
Im just in the mindset of being sick of losing.
Its be SO long almost 15 years since we won the thing and im just sick of losing and some thinking its okay that we made it to the tourney or an elite 8.
A championship to me is the only cure to get UK back where it needs to be.
Bolt Wrote:Yea i see where youre coming from.
Im just in the mindset of being sick of losing.
Its be SO long almost 15 years since we won the thing and im just sick of losing and some thinking its okay that we made it to the tourney or an elite 8.
A championship to me is the only cure to get UK back where it needs to be.

Well, Let's start rooting for both of us to be happy in about 2 hours :biggrin:
Stardust Wrote:Well, Let's start rooting for both of us to be happy in about 2 hours :biggrin:

No doubt my friend, no doubt
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:Okay!!! Only one more team to make this a perfect tourney!! There was 5 teams that I wanted out more than anything. Louisville, Duke, Kansas, North Carolina, UCLA....... Almost perfect!!! COME BOYS!!! THIS IS OURS!!
Same teams I hate. Actually I hate em all...Go Cats.
Pages: 1 2