Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Is Abercrombie and Fitch "Respectable" Fashion?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Question of the day . . .

Is Abercrombie and Fitch cutting edge fashion?

In my day, it was Polo which still to this day, is timeless American Fashion. But the "younger" generation seems to think that it is great to walk around in jeans/pants with holes everywhere and shirts that don't fit.

What do you think?
Prep wear...........
I'm not a fan of A & F, and I hate pants with holes in them...But that's just my opinion...I guess it's the fashion for most "prep" types and all that...I wear Polo and a lot of "prep" clothes myself from time to time, but I've not owned anything from A&F in 5 years..I think it's something most people eventually grow out of...
It's just prep clothes in my mind. I wear tank tops, cut off sleeves, sports t-shirts, steve & barry's shirts, and button up dress shirts.

BallaBaby

I wear Abercrombie, American Eagle, Old Navy, and Steve and Barry's. I also go to the Variety Store in P-burg and get shirts, I love it. I love Goodwill too..haha
What is Steve and Barry's?
KentuckyHillBilly5321 Wrote:What is Steve and Barry's?

i know you have heard Becky talk about the store they have one at Cincinnati Mills ... they have the shirts with all the college teams and goofy sayings... but they also have coats, khakis, shoes, and hooded sweatshirts and everything is 7.00 or under .... dad has some of their pleather jackets ...
Steve & Barry's is a store that has everything like $10 and less. They have alot of clothes in there. Very nice store.

As far as A and F being cutting edge, it is just in the eye of the beholder. There are respectable ways to wear their clothing and then there isn't. Girls today wear clothes too small and with less material than what they should. Body pants besides head and arms shouldn't be hanging out of shirts. I personally don't want to see 1/2 of a girl's back or her breasts at school every day. When you buy jeans, they are really hard not to get ones that hit so low that your crack doesn't hang out everytime that you sit down. A and F is a very big name and as long as they produce clothing, someone out there will buy it. People buy it for the label, just to let people see that they have Abercrombie on. Some may like the style but as much as they don't realize, it's about the label. They make some nice shirts and stuff and I do own some of their clothing but I don't approve of the barely there mini skirts, halter tops, and all of that stuff for everyday usage.
A/F=slutware or softboyware imo lmao
there cloths looks like handme down from the goodwill in the 70's
Doc Holliday Wrote:A/F=slutware or softboyware imo lmao
LMFAO hahah
Lmao, another one for Doc.
Call me a softboy then. Smile

I wear the whole "holy" pants with the pink polo's or button-ups. I'm your basic Abercrombie or nothing at all freak. Everything in my closet is AF or Hollister. I hate AE and Aeropostale. But yes I do wear AF and will continue to wear it until I get too fat for it which is approaching quickly. But one thing I have to say is that I never get my clothes skin tight. I get them to fit normal.
blackcatfan4life Wrote:But one thing I have to say is that I never get my clothes skin tight. I get them to fit normal.
That's key right there. I wish more people would buy clothes that were made for the size and/or body type.
i kinda like the fashion, because if my pants get stained or i tear a hole in them, it looks like i paid more money for them lol
blackcatfan4life Wrote:Call me a softboy then. Smile

I wear the whole "holy" pants with the pink polo's or button-ups. I'm your basic Abercrombie or nothing at all freak. Everything in my closet is AF or Hollister. I hate AE and Aeropostale. But yes I do wear AF and will continue to wear it until I get too fat for it which is approaching quickly. But one thing I have to say is that I never get my clothes skin tight. I get them to fit normal.

Softboy!!!
Staypuff lmao
sorry i couldnt resist and you told me too.
You're killin me Doc.
WHy buy the pants with wholes in them just put some on ure old pants no one will ever know lol,,,,
lol
Doc Holliday Wrote:Softboy!!!
Staypuff lmao
sorry i couldnt resist and you told me too.
I walked right into that one. :HitWall: