Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bruce Pearl to be fired as Tennessee Head Coach
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Jimmy Hyams reports the Bruce Pearl was told that he is out in Knoxville.

Bye bye, Bruce!

http://www.businessinsider.com/bruce-pearl-fired-2011-3
CBS sports says it's official and that a formal announcement will come within 24 hours. It's sad, but something that had to be done.

GoVolsXtra just posted it, as well.
well I wonder who Tennessee Will Go And Try To Get Now?
Games between UK and Tennesse just got less fun.
Bye bye Wink
BloodyHarlanVOL Wrote:CBS sports says it's official and that a formal announcement will come within 24 hours. It's sad, but something that had to be done.

GoVolsXtra just posted it, as well.

There are some very good young coaches out there that will be a perfect fit. I for one want the Vols to maintain at a high level. I love rivalries, and it's not a rivalry if the other team cannot compete at a high level. Good luck:Thumbs:
Well, it had to be done, along with our AD. I have heard the coach from Butler, Pelfry, and T. Smith.
tvtimeout Wrote:Well, it had to be done, along with our AD. I have heard the coach from Butler, Pelfry, and T. Smith.

I Don't See Brad Stevens Leaving Butler
Bring IN TUBBY
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Bring IN TUBBY
No..I respect Tubby too much for him to go to Tennessee, lol..
This was long overdue.
Andy Kats Named Some Possible Replacements

VCU's Head Coach (Top Candidate)

Florida Gator Assistant Coach
I really do hate this. I can not stand stand Tennessee but I really thought that Pearl was great for the SEC. This really sucks the way it has unfoled but I think that Tennessee did what they felt they had to do with the NCAA hearing coming in June. Allowing them to proceed in persuing a new coach.

Like mentioned before I think that the VCU coach may be the biggest target.
Should have happened a long time ago.
Someone On Facebook Mentioned John Pelphrey
Is the VCU coach that good or did the current Alabama coach just leave that good of a team/program behind.
Broad Prediction: Donnie Tyndall (MSU) to Tenn., Kelly Wells (Pikeville College) to MSU, Jason Booher (Holmes, Shelby Valley) to Pikeville College
Hate to see someone with this much passion for the game get canned.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:No..I respect Tubby too much for him to go to Tennessee, lol..

:Thumbs:
He wont be out of a job long. Someone will snatch him up quick.
I never liked the guy. Glad he's gone.
I really hope Donnie Tyndall doesn't go to Tennessee. I like the guy a lot so don't want something like this to change my opinion of him and his adorable family. Wink
TidesHoss32 Wrote:No..I respect Tubby too much for him to go to Tennessee, lol..
:Thumbs::Thumbs:
I would love to see Tubby back in the SEC.
It would make for some major drama when the Vols come to town lol
zaga_fan Wrote:I would love to see Tubby back in the SEC.
It would make for some major drama when the Vols come to town lol

Seeing Tubby in Orange would be a site to see
I like the idea of Tubby in Tenn.
My question is why is he is even out at Minn? I thought he was doing a pretty good job there. I would def. love to see him in the SEC though.. Talk about a Tenn. rivalry game then.
Nobody will snatch up Bruce Pearl because he will have a Show Cause placed on him by the NCAA, Bruce has pretty much screwed up his coaching career. I cannot believe he commits secodary violation this month and that's the only reason Tennessee fired him...
Ballers Wrote:I like the idea of Tubby in Tenn.
My question is why is he is even out at Minn? I thought he was doing a pretty good job there. I would def. love to see him in the SEC though.. Talk about a Tenn. rivalry game then.

Nope, He's working on a Contract Extension with Minnesota