Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Paintsville 84 - AC -59
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Congrats P-ville.....Any Stats
please post a score so we can change the heading
Paintsville 84 - AC -59
how many did landon have?
Congrats Paintsville!
congrats paintsville.
congrats
Congrats
Oh god, Paintsville ran up the score. It would have been a closer game but BMR showed NO class and left his starters in the game when they were up by 10.
Did Paintsville practice their press the whole game?
The Tigers will find out how good they really are tomorrow night. I look for the crown including the AC faithful to be pulling for SF. It will be a tough enviorment for the Tigers. We will see...........
"BeaverCreek Connection" Wrote:The Tigers will find out how good they really are tomorrow night. I look for the crown including the AC faithful to be pulling for SF. It will be a tough enviorment for the Tigers. We will see...........

As will South Floyd, they will find out how good they really are.
Great Job Tigers! Let's make it a clean sweep tonight! Good Luck!
I was at the game, and BMR did a very good job coaching. That's why he is the man and has a state championship; however, he is not perfect and there is a few things he done in this game that are questionable.

1. Landon fell to his knee and was limping in the 3rd quarter while Paintsville was up nearly 40. He should have immediately taken him out and not let him back in. Instead he stays in a few more plays and walks to the bench still limping. Granted, he may have not been hurt bad, but what are the chances especially in a game like this.

2. He put Landon, JD, and #1 for P-ville back in the game for nearly 3 min in the 4th quarter while up nearly 40. Then when taking them out, put in another starter (#44) to replace them. Now granted he did sub everyone and I would have done the same as a coach. I would also wait until the last couple of mins before putting in my main last subs as well. However, up nearly 40 in the 4th quarter, and considering you play in the championship the following night, I would not play any of my starters or regular players. So what if the opponent cuts the lead to 30 or 20. It allows your other players who don't play everyday to get experience against - more than likely - the other teams top players which can prove to be vital in big games when you need them because of foul trouble. Also, it insures that your main players are rested and injury free for the following game.

BMR is the man at Paintsville. He has done a tremendous job and is considered one of the best coaches in the region, if not the best, and a tremendous coach throughout the state; however, he isn't perfect. I hope for his sake in these instances that none of his players suffer injury.

Good luck Paintsville against South Floyd. Will be a good game to watch.
"Pacman" Wrote:I was at the game, and BMR did a very good job coaching. That's why he is the man and has a state championship; however, he is not perfect and there is a few things he done in this game that are questionable.

1. Landon fell to his knee and was limping in the 3rd quarter while Paintsville was up nearly 40. He should have immediately taken him out and not let him back in. Instead he stays in a few more plays and walks to the bench still limping. Granted, he may have not been hurt bad, but what are the chances especially in a game like this.

2. He put Landon, JD, and #1 for P-ville back in the game for nearly 3 min in the 4th quarter while up nearly 40. Then when taking them out, put in another starter (#44) to replace them. Now granted he did sub everyone and I would have done the same as a coach. I would also wait until the last couple of mins before putting in my main last subs as well. However, up nearly 40 in the 4th quarter, and considering you play in the championship the following night, I would not play any of my starters or regular players. So what if the opponent cuts the lead to 30 or 20. It allows your other players who don't play everyday to get experience against - more than likely - the other teams top players which can prove to be vital in big games when you need them because of foul trouble. Also, it insures that your main players are rested and injury free for the following game.

BMR is the man at Paintsville. He has done a tremendous job and is considered one of the best coaches in the region, if not the best, and a tremendous coach throughout the state; however, he isn't perfect. I hope for his sake in these instances that none of his players suffer injury.

Good luck Paintsville against South Floyd. Will be a good game to watch.

I know what you are saying. BUT, I pretty much understand why he did it. Paintsville has had quite a few games this year where they were up by atleast 20and just could not put the teams away. Coming away with some very close wins. So maybe he is trying to get the boys used to driving in that last nail and to not slow up with the big leads. I have witnessed this about 4 to 5 times this year. So maybe they are starting to see themselves what they need to do. It is getting close to tourney time and I am glad to see them start getting some big margin wins and get in a groove, hopefully it will continue tonight! But, SF is a very scrappy team and they will play you to the bitter end. They showed that during the Hoops Classic at Paintsville! Good Luck Tigers!! Should be a good game!
Congrats Tigers.
Congrats Tigers!
Allen Central fans need to die. They have no class whatsoever. They were chanting "who's your daddy" to Kevin Williams during the second quarter. And everyone knows, especially from there that his father died a couple of years ago. Kevin just broke down in the middle of the game. Maybe thats why BMR "ran" up the score.
Thats sad. Kevins a good kid
"Superman" Wrote:Thats sad. Kevins a good kid
He's also a very underratted player, I caught the replay of the game this morning and he's right up there with Brandon Kidd as far as big men rate.

Paintsville could have won this game by 60-70 points if they wanted, the score was 56-27 at the half and they lookd like they were just toying with AC IMO...AC looked like a middle school team, but they played hard the whole game and that why these kids earn my respect, they just really don't have any talent at all on that team..good win for the tigers, and good luck to the Rebels the rest of the season.
They did play hard all game. And coach Martin fought for his kids all night. They could make some noise next year. I think they only have a couple of seniors and they don't even start.
"Waterbug5" Wrote:Allen Central fans need to die. They have no class whatsoever. They were chanting "who's your daddy" to Kevin Williams during the second quarter. And everyone knows, especially from there that his father died a couple of years ago. Kevin just broke down in the middle of the game. Maybe thats why BMR "ran" up the score.

Well...BMR didn't "run up" the score, AC played into Paintsville's hands by getting into a running game with them in the 2nd quarter and paid the price for it. AC just doesn't have the horses to run with Paintsville.

As for fans having no class, the Paintsville student section chants, "Just like football" in the 4th quarter. Tim Pugh is laughing as he bumps an AC player, which resulted in a small scuffle and the AC player being taken out of the game.
There was a ton of class shown by Tigers fans as well. Rolleyes
Under those cir***stances, "who's your daddy" and "just like football" are two totally different things. No way you can say those two in the same sentence.
"Waterbug5" Wrote:Under those cir***stances, "who's your daddy" and "just like football" are two totally different things. No way you can say those two in the same sentence.

I understand that. However, not everyone on the Allen Central side knew about "who's your daddy" and if anyone knowingly yelled that chant at Williams wanting to hit his nerve, then it's unexcusable.

As for "just like football", everyone in the gym heard this, it was a total lack of class and there is no excuse for this either. I'm not comparing the two statements, just letting everyone else know that Paintsville's student section is far from being a church choir.
Yeah, but the boy who started the chant knew.
good win
"jammin jamey" Wrote:As for fans having no class, the Paintsville student section chants, "Just like football" in the 4th quarter.

Oh dear lord, no they didn't :lmao: . You go to ANY high school basketball between two schools that played eachother in football, you will hear that chant. Johnson Central chanted it last week against Paintsville cause they beat them in the Apple Bowl. Who cares, it's bragging rights, Pikeville chanted that to us my senior year when we played at Pikeville, I laughed my @$$ off about it while I was playing a basketball game cause it's FUNNY. They continued to chant it even after we beat them.

I agree with Waterbug, sort of, I don't think AC's fans should die, but they can sure go to **** after that chant. I'm glad I wasn't there lastnight cause I would have been put in jail when I heard it. Somebody would have got a steel toe boot in the side of the head. Kevin is one of my good friends and his dad was a great guy, he saved my arm. I would DIE before I let someone talk to one my friends like that, especially something that personal.
it was luck thats why south floyd beat em
lucky
"Waterbug5" Wrote:Yeah, but the boy who started the chant knew.

who started the chant then that knew.
Pages: 1 2