Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Whats your thought on what the NCAA did to Baylor
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The NCAA did not allow Baylor to play a non conference schedule this year. I think this is beyond ridiculous punishing a team of players and coaches who was not even part of the team at the time when all the violations went down. But yet the players who were apart of the team were allowed to transfer and suffered nothing, which most shouldn't of had anything done to to them but why punish guys who weren't even part of the team. While Dave Bliss is of coaching somewhere else, in my opinion he doesn't deserve to be coaching anyone anymore. Seen a thing on this all this morning and it just made me realize how wrong all this was.
"UKGIRL20" Wrote:The NCAA did not allow Baylor to play a non conference schedule this year. I think this is beyond ridiculous punishing a team of players and coaches who was not even part of the team at the time when all the violations went down. But yet the players who were apart of the team were allowed to transfer and suffered nothing, which most shouldn't of had anything done to to them but why punish guys who weren't even part of the team. While Dave Bliss is of coaching somewhere else, in my opinion he doesn't deserve to be coaching anyone anymore. Seen a thing on this all this morning and it just made me realize how wrong all this was.

Yea I saw a story on ESPn about it three weeks ago, if anything fine the school take away a couple, but to punish the team that had nothing to do with is just wrong, thise kids did not deserve that from the NCAA at all.
Just keep in mind--it isn't about punishing the players--it is about punishing the university. (Which deserved a lot worse than what they end up).

Keep in mind, these kids could have transferred without repercussion. Not to mention that Baylor makes money off of their major sports. So the punishment is more about making the university suffer severe consequences. It sucks for the kids, but they had more options than what people say.
I agree with UKGIRL on this one...
i agree
me 2
have they started playing yet
Yeah they started playing but not sure what their record is.
well, as bad as it was, its a lot better than what they did to SMU's football program in the late 80s. They got the death penalty from the NCAA, no games for two years, and the program is STILL struggling because of that. SMU was a very solid program in the 80s with "The Pony Express", Eric Dickerson and Craig James, consistently winning 9 or 10 games each year, and since the death penalty, coming back in 89, they have had one season above .500 (6-5 in 1997). So Baylor should be thankful thats all they got. But I do agree, Bliss has no place in college basketball.