Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Shelby County 2011 Schedule
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Aug 26: at LaRue County
Sept 2: at Anderson County
Sept 9: Jeffersontown
Sept 16: at Henry County
Sept 23: Oldham County
Sept 30: Collins
Oct 7: at North Bullitt
Oct 14: at Bullitt East
Oct 21: Bullitt East
Oct 28: South Oldham
The Rockets play Bullitt East 2 weeks in a row?
best of luck to the rockets in 2011! im not close to shelby county, but from what I hear, the new school there Collins seems to be taking over the gridiron in that county. The new school sounds like it hurt Shelby County alot, most of their talent transferred to Collins, and Collins feeder school Shelby West Middle is supposed to be solid and loaded with talent year in year out. Hopefully Shelby County HS will bounce back, they were tough a few years ago. good luck rockets!
Hefty Lefty Wrote:The Rockets play Bullitt East 2 weeks in a row?

Actually that is a typo. One of those is supposed to Bullitt Central.
Gocolts13 Wrote:best of luck to the rockets in 2011! im not close to shelby county, but from what I hear, the new school there Collins seems to be taking over the gridiron in that county. The new school sounds like it hurt Shelby County alot, most of their talent transferred to Collins, and Collins feeder school Shelby West Middle is supposed to be solid and loaded with talent year in year out. Hopefully Shelby County HS will bounce back, they were tough a few years ago. good luck rockets!

I see both programs leveling out in the coming years. Collins took all the older talent last year which hurt the Rockets the most. They were stuck with playing younger players that may needed one more year. East Middle the past few years have beaten West on a couple of occasions, so the talent isn't that superior. Like most high school programs, it will come down to player development. That I give the advantage to the Titans. We will see over the years how this plays out.
thats a lie west hasnt had any talent in football in years, when i was in 8th grade 2 years ago we beat west by 22, talent level isnt the issue, its the fact that several kids on collins team are supposed to be going to shelby county, but pretended to take some program shelby county didnt offer so they could
dyl_1215 Wrote:thats a lie west hasnt had any talent in football in years, when i was in 8th grade 2 years ago we beat west by 22, talent level isnt the issue, its the fact that several kids on collins team are supposed to be going to shelby county, but pretended to take some program shelby county didnt offer so they could

Little man, I don't lie. I was stating an opinion. And I am sure that their pretend classes they took at Collins fooled everybody in the district except for you?! :notworthy
What does SC return? I know that first year of the split schools had a big effect on them with a lot of players going to Collins, but hopefully things will even out as someone said. Coach Shipley is a great coach and person. I hope and bet they will be able to bounce back. Good luck this season.
are yous erious fooled everybody but me? everybody in the county knew, i'm friends with like everybody at collins and they told me to take the class so i could go so yea you really know whats going on, the last 2 years east middle has beat west 4 times, and why dont you go check on the several classes collins offers that shelby county does not, my friend got rejected for a class and had to come back to shelby county after practicing with collins all summer,
I can tell you right now, I coached at West Middle for 9 years leaving two years ago to go and coach high school football, we NEVER got beat by 22 points, if they have been beaten by 22 points, it's been within the past 2 years.. I was there 9 years and we had only lost 3 games in that 9 year period while winning the Conference Championship every single year...
KYcoach Wrote:What does SC return? I know that first year of the split schools had a big effect on them with a lot of players going to Collins, but hopefully things will even out as someone said. Coach Shipley is a great coach and person. I hope and bet they will be able to bounce back. Good luck this season.

Shelby County returns quite a few players from last year's team, including their quarterback Zach Shipley. They were really young last year and should be better this year.

As for West, they have had many talented teams in the past couple of years. This year was a rebuilding year for them but they still did very well. East also had a good team this year. Both schools have a bright future in football.

I do believe that East beat West by 22 two years ago. SC had a great Sophomore class this year.
So the majority of their returning players will be juniors?
Best wishes to Shelby County and QB Shipley.
blue1424 Wrote:Shelby County returns quite a few players from last year's team, including their quarterback Zach Shipley. They were really young last year and should be better this year.

As for West, they have had many talented teams in the past couple of years. This year was a rebuilding year for them but they still did very well. East also had a good team this year. Both schools have a bright future in football.

I do believe that East beat West by 22 two years ago. SC had a great Sophomore class this year.

That's very good to hear. I know Shipley is a great coach and expect he'll turn the inexperienced team from last year into a much better one this season. A new district alignment for them should help as well.