Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Eastern-65, Clark Co-50 (Sweet Sixteen 2nd Rd)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final from the Sweet 16.

Congrats Big E.
Congrats To Both Teams, Eastern on the Win and To Clark County On A Heck Of A Season!

I Believe The State Title Is going To Eastern Tomorrow Night
Eastern certainly looks like the team to beat from what I've saw. I think they had 5 straight dunks on GRC.
Wow, I expected an Easter win, but not by 15
A showdown between No. 1 Eastern and No. 2 Clark County turned out to be an easy 65-50 victory for Eastern. The Eagles jumped to a big early lead and never let up as they advanced to Saturday morning’s semifinals.

Lyonell Gaines (17 points), Remy Abell (13 points) and Kameron Woods (12 points, 11 rebounds, 3 blocked shots) led the Eastern assault. It led by 13 at halftime, stretched the margin to 21 in the third quarter, then cruised home to their 33rd win in 35 games.

Eastern led 61-42 (their last four baskets coming on dunks) before Coach Jason Couch emptied his bench. Clark County promptly hit back-to-back three-pointers, and Couch sent his starters back into the game.

Clark County was led by Corey Rogers’ 19 points. Vinny Zollo and Robbie Stenzel had 12 apiece.

Going into the last media timeout with 2:58 left, Eastern leads 57-39. Lyonell Gaines has 15 points for the Eagles.
EASTERN 48, CLARK COUNTY 30: Eastern has a big lead going into the fourth quarter. The Eagles led by as many as 21 points in the third quarter.
Eastern isn’t letting up. It’s expanded its lead to 44-23 with 2 minutes left in the third quarter. Remy Abell has 13 points to lead the Eagles. Clark County is shooting 19% (6-for-31).
HALFTIME – EASTERN 28, CLARK COUNTY 15: The Eagles led by as many as 15 points over cold-shooting Clark County. Remy Abell leads Eastern with 11 points. Kameron Woods has 5 points and 5 rebounds. Clark County shooting 14% (3-for-21), is led by Corey Rogers’ 9 points.
Midway second quarter, Eastern is up 24-11. Clark County has missed 13 of 15 shots.
EASTERN 19, CLARK COUNTY 4: It was all Eagles in the first quarter. Remy Abell led the charge with 10 points, including a pair of threes. Clark County missed 11 of 12 shots in the quarter.
Eastern has raced to a 14-2 lead thanks to its defense, which is swatting away Clark County’s inside game. Remy Abell has 7 points. Clark County has missed 9 of 10 shots.
Eastern is off to a quick start. It leads Clark County 9-2 midway first quarter. Remy Abell has 4 points for the Eagles.

http://www.kentukcy.com
It does not look like this game was ever close
Nope never was. It was 19-4 at one point.
Dang, I never would have expected a game like this. I think that Eastern will have a good game from Christian Co but man they sound really good today.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:Dang, I never would have expected a game like this. I think that Eastern will have a good game from Christian Co but man they sound really good today.

I didn't either. Hard to be in a game when you only shoot 14% from the field and 0% from 3 in the first half...bright spot we were only down 13 at the half.

Eastern is that good....they should win it all. They are ranked 19th nationally.
Gold Charger Wrote:I didn't either. Hard to be in a game when you only shoot 14% from the field and 0% from 3 in the first half...bright spot we were only down 13 at the half.

Eastern is that good....they should win it all. They are ranked 19th nationally.

I am telling you, after watching Christian Co the other day, they have the athletes and range to stick with Eastern. I think that they are set for a big upset but they will have to continue their amazing three point shooting. This is going to be a great one!
Eastern's cruising right now!!