Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Rick Pitino Retiring?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After The Loss To Morehead State Today, Rick Pitino Said "This Is One Of The Toughest Loses I've Ever Had And I've Been Coaching For A Long Time, Maybe To Long" that got me to thinking that maybe he's calling it quits?

thoughts?
I thought the same thing when I heard, but it sounded like he is done. I don't think he will retire though we could just be over thinking it.
How many seniors?
I thought the same thing when I just heard it. Sure, does sound like he will be retiring but who knows. LWC, UL had one senior Preston Knowles.
Its all about the money and he makes plenty of it.
If i was a college coach at a major university making millions, i wouldnt quit till i was 80 or 90.
Its worked out for Paterno pretty well and Penn st is stupid enough to keep him.
Every coach will say that at some point in time.

He'll be fine after a few days.

He'll be back.
I just saw the story on the news. Both Pitino and the local news said that he was coming back for sure. Neither really shut the door on the retirement talk.
It was just drama. Listen to any coaches post game speech after getting embarrassed in the NCAA tournament
He won't retire.
The Princeton coach cried after his game.
Is he going to retire as well?