Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Texas Tech interviews Billy Gillispie to replace Pat Knight as coach
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Texas Tech athletic director Kirby Hocutt has interviewed former Kentucky basketball coach Billy Gillispie in Florida.
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story...NHeadlines

lol i feel bad for Tech
Texas Tech has no idea what their doing to their program. Thank goodness we got rid of him at UK.
I hope to see Billy G lands this job.
they said today on the Arkansas radio , he was to be introduced on monday, unless someone steals him away, they would like to have him at Arkansas as well, they said he was a changed man, EVERYONE deserves another chance..
MVP2 Wrote:I hope to see Billy G lands this job.

Why? I would not wish this on any college kid; No kid needs to be treated the way he treats kids. And he is a terrible ambassador for schools. Some schools are willing to take any chance to win games, but it is no secret anymore what kind of guy BCG is. Do you think this school is going to contact anyone from UK to get a better feel for why he was fired? What about his known drinking problems and DUI problems?
cuppett777 Wrote:they said today on the Arkansas radio , he was to be introduced on monday, unless someone steals him away, they would like to have him at Arkansas as well, they said he was a changed man, EVERYONE deserves another chance..

He might be changed as far as his drinking, but he is not going to change the way he coaches and treats players, fans, and media. I just hate to see another school make the mistake UK did. There is no reason for them to make the same mistake after a program like UK, who is in the lime light, showed the nation exactly what kind of person he is ( not to mention not a very good coach, actually a **** poor coach).
I believe in second chances, but not third ones. If he gets hired at Texas Tech and does well, more power to him. If he ruins it, and does things like he did to Josh Harrellson, he should never be given the chance again.
Didn't Texas Tech also hire Bobby Knight after much negative behavior? I guess they just do not care about values and morales and just winning. Best of luck to them, but they know what they are getting and have no one to blame but themselves if (when) things go bad.
cuppett777 Wrote:they said today on the Arkansas radio , he was to be introduced on monday, unless someone steals him away, they would like to have him at Arkansas as well, they said he was a changed man, EVERYONE deserves another chance..

I agree everyone deserves a second chance but hasnt he already had like 3. The DUI wasnt a one time thing. I wouldnt hire this guy to wash jock straps.