Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Christian Co. 83, Shelby Valley 40 (Sweet Sixteen 1st Rd)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final

Christian County 29 16 18 20 - 83
Shelby Valley.....11 05 08 16 - 40
No surprise, but I Congratulate Shelby Valley on their remarkable season that no one thought they'd have!!

Congrats CC
It was a very tough match-up for SV. Congrats on the season to the defending champs
Congrats to Christian Co and to Shelby Valley for making it to Rupp.

This game kind of puts things into perspective of just how bad the 15th was this year. The Regional Champions get beat by 43.
It was a rough game to watch online for sure... I am nowhere near the 15th so I hadn't seen SV but it was obvious SV has a couple kids that could be really good down the road. When that tall kid fills out, he could be good. Had a pretty nice touch around the rim today.
It was about what I expected, maybe a few points worse than I thought.
Attended the game and I must say that it was really about like I expected (maybe a little worse). I knew that Greg would have the boys try a particular defensive scheme that would put pressure on Christian Co.'s shooters. They were still hitting the threes and when it was open they would drive the lane and hit the runner. A coach's nightmare really. It was simply just a different class of athleticism on the offensive side of the ball..... and well on the defensive side, the Christian Co press frustrated our boys to death. I think that we may have been in the upper 30s on turnovers by the end of the game. With the press on the entire game, the less-than-stellar offense that Valley has had all year struggled even more and simply could not get shots. When they got in the half court and passed the ball around, they hit some shots but it was just too few and far between. I saw a stat at the half that said that valley had attempt the same number of shots as Christian Co. had made (with Christian shooting 20 more shots).

This quite possibly could have been the worst draw that the 15th region could have got, especially Valley. This young team was thrown into the fire today but I am sure that this will only allow them to gain more and more experience as Shelby Valley begins building for that next state title push.

Congrats guys, you have made me so proud!!
When you consider the youth of the team against, I believe most of their starting five, except one were seniors, the other a junior. Then you have SV playing a couple of 8th graders in the mix. Hickey will play for someone in a D1 college, he was also their qb, of the football team. How many kids get that experience at the Sweet 16 at that early age? I would like to thank our seniors for their efforts this year along with last years team, may success follow you wherever you go!!!
Darn, no mercy. Congrats to Valley on a successful season.
35 Turnovers according to paper for Shelby Valley. But as was posted earlier a
remarkable post season run for the Wildcats as they defended their championship.
Congrats Christian Co.

Good season Valley, Keep your head up. No one you guys really excepted you to be playing at Rupp again this season.
Still kind of mind blowing to see 35 turnovers for the game... Christian Co has some amazing athletes.
Congrats to Valley for a successful season.
Christian County is a very good team and could cut the nets down in Rupp. Nothing for SV to hang their heads about - they made a remarkable run to end the season and do something that no one but their own fan base thought they could do in winning the 15th Region Championship.
Great season for Valley.
Johnny Bench Wrote:Christian County is a very good team and could cut the nets down in Rupp. Nothing for SV to hang their heads about - they made a remarkable run to end the season and do something that no one but their own fan base thought they could do in winning the 15th Region Championship.

I really thought that this season was the typical rebuilding year that a team would encounter after such an amazing run last year. And half way through it really looked like they had no shot at rounding that corner this year, but they finally found how to win ball games and stuck to their defense.
wow, congrats to CC
I know it is little consolation for the boys, but they got beat by the state champs. The title sort of changed hands (look for the positives, right).