Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: I miss Tom Kopacz
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anybody else noticed that the Appalchian News Express website hasn't been the same since Tom left?

If you want to see old news on the web, then check this out - www.news-expressky.com
I never have looked at the Appalachian News Express website. I forget about that paper. Does it have better articles in it than the local rag?

Oh yeah...love the new avatar Happy! Adorable!
HappyGilmore Wrote:Anybody else noticed that the Appalchian News Express website hasn't been the same since Tom left?

If you want to see old news on the web, then check this out - www.news-expressky.com
The entire News Express has gone down hill since Tom Left...Yep, I miss Tom too.
Whether people realize it or not he did a good job with Pike County sports.
Where did he go?
Not sure where he is right now.

Anybody know??
I miss him to Happy!
I never thought I'd hear anybody say they missed Tom Kopacz
And the website looks the same to me..
Why did he leave
HappyGilmore Wrote:Not sure where he is right now.

Anybody know??
Tom moved to Florida to be near family.
i think i missed something
Tom is a great guy. I wish that he was still there :thumb:
I saw him out at alot more sporting events than I have the new guy..
Jerry Boggs I see is now the Sports editor, he is a good writer, he use to work at the paper in Middlesboro.
LC99 Wrote:Jerry Boggs I see is now the Sports editor, he is a good writer, he use to work at the paper in Middlesboro.

Hes not real good IMHO
Not to **** anyone off, but before the Sports section in the N.E. consisted of ALOT of Pikeville sports and happenings. There are other schools out there that deserved to have write ups and pictures of their games.
HappyGilmore Wrote:Anybody else noticed that the Appalchian News Express website hasn't been the same since Tom left?

Gee thanks, HG! I miss you too! Smile As Beef can tell you, I was pretty surprised when I saw this thread.

It's sort of like fox_sports said ... I had a chance to move closer to my family and chose to do so. (Which involved leaving the newspaper business, but considering how fast I was burning out, that turned out to be no great loss.) I miss the people in Eastern Kentucky, but I'll be honest with you: I don't miss the job one little bit. It's nice having my evenings and weekends to myself.

As it happened, a couple of my relatives have had health crises recently, so it's been good to be home instead of a thousand miles away. (And the weather's been much better here than there, for some odd reason I can't place.)

And as for you haters ... I love you guys, too. Here's your trophy::Third:
I miss the old sports writer Bobby Maggard....He was a pretty good guy...Whatever happened to him?
Tom did a good job, but as I see it, every reporter does his job differently. I think Randy White and Jerry Boggs are doing a great job. There is definately more coverage of local girls games in the paper nowadays than there was with Kopacz. Haven't looked online though.
Wish Kopacz luck - seemed like a nice guy. But News Express does not seem to be suffering.
Tom was and still is a good guy.
Did we agree on everything? No.

I still miss seeing him around.
I'm all for the NE being the best paper it can be, no matter who is handling sports, because that means that more local kids are getting the pub they deserve.