Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lakers 97 - Magic 84
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final
Bryant - 16 points
To the Laker fan..

Why is Ron Artest starting over Lamar Odom? I just do not see why Odom doesn't get the start. Is it because Ron is a better defensive player? Lamar is such a better all-around player. And Ron hardly contributes any to the scoring for the Lakers. So could someone just help me out here? Aslan? BlackcatAlum?
MisterPerfect Wrote:To the Laker fan..

Why is Ron Artest starting over Lamar Odom? I just do not see why Odom doesn't get the start. Is it because Ron is a better defensive player? Lamar is such a better all-around player. And Ron hardly contributes any to the scoring for the Lakers. So could someone just help me out here? Aslan? BlackcatAlum?

They've always had Ron in the starting lineup.
They like to bring Lamar off the bench to bring some energy back into the game and let Ron guard the other teams best scorer. Even though he does come off the bench, Lamar gets about as much minutes as the starters.
Ballers response.....

16 pts is pretty good for an old man.
Congrats to the Lakers on their lucky win.
You can't win 5 against 8.
Hip replacement.
MisterPerfect Wrote:To the Laker fan..

Because Lamar Odom is married to a Kardashian, and the Kardashian mom spurned the Lakers owner 20 years ago!
Stardust Wrote:Because Lamar Odom is married to a Kardashian, and the Kardashian mom spurned the Lakers owner 20 years ago!

:lmao:
zaga_fan Wrote:Ballers response.....

16 pts is pretty good for an old man.
Congrats to the Lakers on their lucky win.
You can't win 5 against 8.
Hip replacement.

Actually it's more like this...
16 points for Mr. Mvp of NBA? What a joke...
I'm sure glad he flopped on that ankle the other day and walked away like he was hurt so bad.. Didn't look hurt last night.. What a baby.
Magic had this game in the bag and just let it slide away in the 2nd half...
On ESPN they we're comparing the center play of Bynum and Howard..
Not sure how they could do that because their is no comparison... Howard is 20 times better at the 5.
Ballers Wrote:Magic had this game in the bag and just let it slide away in the 2nd half...
Not sure how they could do that because their is no comparison... Howard is 20 times better at the 5.

Bynum has 2 really good games per year. Then again, Bynum only plays 2 games per year!
Ballers Wrote:Magic had this game in the bag and just let it slide away in the 2nd half...

Bynum has 2 really good games per year. Then again, Bynum only plays 2 games per year!

Trade him NOW, because his stock is high. He will NOT be around come playoffs!
Stardust Wrote:Bynum has 2 really good games per year. Then again, Bynum only plays 2 games per year!

Trade him NOW, because his stock is high. He will NOT be around come playoffs!

He was last year Confusedhh:
^ yes, he had his one year, now he is back to the total of 6 total playoff games from his 1st two years when he was soft ro hurt or whatever they called it Smile
He helped the Lakers win a title, I believe that makes up for his softness in the previous years Big Grin
Say what you want.
When Bynum plays up to his potential at the center position the Lakers are unstoppable.
He doesn't need to score.
As long as he defends and rebounds he allows the shooters to stay at home and allows Pau to be the PF position that he was born to play.
They didn't have to double on Howard in this game and it made it really hard on the Magic offense.
Ask Dwight Howard about it....
he got his weak junk sent SEVERAL times in this one Smile
Howard put his sack in the Lakers eyes all night.. not sure what game you watched.
Andrew Bynum - 10 points, 18 rebounds(9 offensive), 4 blocks, 0 turnovers
Dwight Howard - 22 pts, 15 rebounds(4 offensive), 2 blocks, 9 turnovers

IMO Bynum was on par or better than Howard on Monday night.
Say what you want about Howard scoring more.
He was listed as taking 14 shots and shooting 11 free throws.
zaga_fan Wrote:Andrew Bynum - 10 points, 18 rebounds(9 offensive), 4 blocks, 0 turnovers
Dwight Howard - 22 pts, 15 rebounds(4 offensive), 2 blocks, 9 turnovers

IMO Bynum was on par or better than Howard on Monday night.
Say what you want about Howard scoring more.
He was listed as taking 14 shots and shooting 11 free throws.

Howard was probably triple and double teamed. not to mention how he gets no love from the refs.
A superstar in the NBA not getting love from the officials? Cmon man.
Aslan Wrote:A superstar in the NBA not getting love from the officials? Cmon man.

Yeah, compare him to Kobe and see how bad the differential is. Kobe get's sneezed on and it's a foul and if he don't get a call, he let's the ref know that he missed it. But when Dwight gets fouled and they don't call it, he'll say something to the ref and gets t'd up. But Kobe can make hand gestures and anything he wants. But they let it slide cause it's Kobe Bryant.

And you may disagree with me all you want, but you know it's true!! You know it!
Well he is the great Kobe Bryant Wink
Aslan Wrote:Well he is the great Kobe Bryant Wink

The great big babied Kobe Bryant.

Confusedhh:
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Howard was [B]probably triple and double teamed[/B]. not to mention how he gets no love from the refs.

Since you said "probably" I'm going to assume you didn't watch the game and are making an (un)educated guess about how he was guarded.

FYI Bynum guarded him one-on-one.
^Is Bynum in the MVP race? Didn't see his name on the ESPN ticker..
Let me tell you who is in the race...

#1 Lebron James
#2 Dwayne Wade
#3 Dwight Howard
#4 Kevin Durant
and at lonely #5 Kobe Bryant
Dwight Howard is a 20/20 player..
Bynum is 10 and 10 at best.
Ballers Wrote:^Is Bynum in the MVP race? Didn't see his name on the ESPN ticker..

#1 Lebron James
#2 Dwayne Wade
#3 Dwight Howard
#4 Kevin Durant

Where's Derrick Rose? He's most peoples front runner. ESPN ticker must be trash, lol.
Ballers Wrote:^Is Bynum in the MVP race? Didn't see his name on the ESPN ticker..

#1 Lebron James
#2 Dwayne Wade
#3 Dwight Howard
#4 Kevin Durant

I don't know where you got this list at but it is awful and only a complete illiterate would look at it and think it was worth anything.
No way D-Wade is #2 and no was D-Rose isn't on the list.

Ballers Wrote:Dwight Howard is a 20/20 player..
Bynum is 10 and 10 at best.

Dwight Howard averages 14 rpg.
I don't know where you're getting the 20 rebounds from.
I guess Bynum just gets 4 rpg if you're going to add 6 in that column.
Bynum hasn't played half of the year and he has played a limited role in every game he has played in.
You can't go by stats alone on this one.
Kobe and Pau get the first and second opportunities in the Laker offense while Bynum is the third option if he's lucky.
The Magic make it a point to get the ball to Howard as the first option so his numbers are going to be bloated. He plays with a handful of middle-of-the-pack players while Bynum has 2 superstars on his team.
To have a center the caliber of Bynum as a role player speaks to the strength of the Laker team.
You'll get your fill of Bynum in the playoffs, Ballers.
I promise you that.