Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Ryle shopping for a QB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I first heard Ryle was trying to get Pike to transfer a few weeks ago. But now the Ryle is suppose to get Grant County's QB. I didn't think high schools recruit other players from other schools?
Maybe one will just "fall from the sky".
This is completely untrue and ridiculous to even start such non-sense. I know for a fact that there was no one from Ryle that reached out to Zeke Pike from Dixie. I know the facts directly from the Pike family themselves. This site explicitly states that rumors of recruiting is completely prohibited, and unless someone can post facts, these types of threads should never be created. Repeating someone elses rumors, or rumors from a competitor site is inappropriate and completely unfair to the High School athletes that this implicates.
Stardust Wrote:This is completely untrue and ridiculous to even start such non-sense. I know for a fact that there was no one from Ryle that reached out to Zeke Pike from Dixie. I know the facts directly from the Pike family themselves. This site explicitly states that rumors of recruiting is completely prohibited, and unless someone can post facts, these types of threads should never be created. Repeating someone elses rumors, or rumors from a competitor site is inappropriate and completely unfair to the High School athletes that this implicates.
Amen
Why in the world would he leave anyway? More opportunity to get a DI scholarship? He's already have over a dozen from well established schools and programs? His dad graduated from Dixie and he'll do the same.
These types of threads are ridiculous and seem to be more of an ax grinding/ witch hunt than anything. This type of "rumor" isn't needed here. Let's take the high road and not throw things out to see what sticks or to create controversy just to create controversy
Ryle hired Grant County's old head coach and his son is going to Ryle now and might be the starting QB.
UK1fan Wrote:Ryle hired Grant County's old head coach and his son is going to Ryle now and might be the starting QB.

That is a tremendously different situation than the way this thread was created and the insinuation that was made.
His son isn't at Ryle now, he's going through spring at Grant. And his son will have to sit out a year unless they move from Grant to Boone.
Thanks for letting us know whats going on another site said he is going to Ryle
The QB in question is Coach Davis' son, he is a sophomore at GCHS. He will have to move in order to play next year at Ryle, but just because his dad is coaching does not mean he is going to Ryle. But I would bet he will want to play with dad, I know I would. I think coach Davis is coaching on the defensive side of the ball. I have seen the kid play and he has a strong arm and can run well. Best of luck to Ryle and Grant and wish this kid the best no matter where he ends up playing
Agreed!
the person that started the thread made it seem like that Ryle was recruiting and that they were recruiting the QB from Grant County.... I just find it hard to start rumors against 15-18 year old kids..
The kid from Grant is a Junior isn't he?
Navajo4life Wrote:the person that started the thread made it seem like that Ryle was recruiting and that they were recruiting the QB from Grant County.... I just find it hard to start rumors against 15-18 year old kids..

Agreed. Some folks best remember that defamation lawsuits have been filed against people that posted false and defamatory matters on websites. Free speech is not without limitations and responsibilities.