Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Fab 5 (The Movie)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Did anyone watch this today on ESPN? It was awesome and very interesting to see how them 5 freshman changed the game of basketball. It was pretty much a 30 for 30 but they called it Fab 5 Movie. It was great and very insightful.
Best of the ESPN movies by far. This is incredible. These guys were WAAAAAAYYYYY ahead of their time and to take the BS that they were dealt with makes me even more respectful of these guys. I never like Chris Weber. After watching this, I have a new appreciation for him. Catch it if you missed it. It's well worth it.
I loved it. This film was just awesome. I love the confidence and the trash-talking these guys played with. I don't see much harm in it and I wish we seen more of it today.
^Agreed! Trash talking is a skill if you ask me, if you say the right stuff. The player your talking trash to might break down and not be able to dribble the basketball. And when Jalen Rose said he use to look up stuff on the internet to see what he could say to someone. My mouth dropped.
I really wanted to watch this but couldn't make it home in time.
I'll definitely check it out.
^Definitely need to zaga!!!
It was an awesome movie. I loved it.
It was good, but it made me dislike the Fab 5 even more. I loath them and think they were thugs, but that's just my opinion. My favorite 2 are still The Pony Express and Macus Depree.
Oh man, being a 16, 17, 18 year old kid watching those guys brought back so many memories. I have a ton of old Michigan and Arkansas basketball games from '91-'94 on vhs that Im gonna get put on dvd one of these days. But it was so much fun to watch that tv, putting myself into a time warp, and bringing back the old days of going to school and talking about Webbers power dunk, or Jalens alley oops, or Jimmy King jumping over two or three people and dunking on them. I was one of the few around here that loved the Fab Five, and was a huge Webber fan then, and throughout his pro career. I miss the Fab Five. I miss that entire era of college basketball. College basketball is nothing but a shell of what it used to be. But, I loved the film. As much as I loved the SMU film, I would have to rate this numero uno. ESPN has outdone itself with these movies.
^ Ditto partner
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Oh man, being a 16, 17, 18 year old kid watching those guys brought back so many memories. I have a ton of old Michigan and Arkansas basketball games from '91-'94 on vhs that Im gonna get put on dvd one of these days. But it was so much fun to watch that tv, putting myself into a time warp, and bringing back the old days of going to school and talking about Webbers power dunk, or Jalens alley oops, or Jimmy King jumping over two or three people and dunking on them. I was one of the few around here that loved the Fab Five, and was a huge Webber fan then, and throughout his pro career. I miss the Fab Five. I miss that entire era of college basketball. College basketball is nothing but a shell of what it used to be. But, I loved the film. As much as I loved the SMU film, I would have to rate this numero uno. ESPN has outdone itself with these movies.

It brought back a lot of great high school memories for me as well even though I'm not really a big basketball fan. I agree with you. College basketball isn't the same anymore with all the one and dones.
Watched it and It is the best one ESPN has made it I'd recommend everyone to watch it
i forgot about it. how can i watch it ??/
^ I have been checking ESPN for the replay and can't find it.
This movie was the highest watched ESPN movie in history.
this movie will re-air sunday night at 8:00 pm on ESPN for those who wants to see it (who haven't seen it) or what it again (for those who have seen it)
I'll be watching it once again.
Thanks for the info Strikeout King. I've had a bunch of buddies been asking me when this will air again. And now I can tell them, thanks again.
MisterPerfect Wrote:Thanks for the info Strikeout King. I've had a bunch of buddies been asking me when this will air again. And now I can tell them, thanks again.

your welcome as everyone else is welcome :Thumbs: