Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pro's Have a League Minimim, Why Not Have a League Maximum?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
All pro sports have a league minimum, and honestly I wouldn't complain one bit if I was getting paid $300,000 a year to play ANY sport or even sit the bench for that matter, I would give anything to be a bullpen catcher in the MLB. I think all pro sports should have a league maximum. What's everyone's thoughts?
Basketball does have a maximum contract if I remember correctly, but I think they're the only sport with one.
I think it would solve alot of problems we see with players whining about $20,000,000 a year not being enough. IMHO I don't think ANY professional athlete should get paid more than $5,000,000 a year, that is plenty enough for anyone. Heck I could take 5 million right now, being 20 years old, and support me and my family the rest of my life. They don't realize how lucky they are, it makes me sick at my stomach to see someone complain about something like that.
"PC_U_KNOW_98" Wrote:I think it would solve alot of problems we see with players whining about $20,000,000 a year not being enough. IMHO I don't think ANY professional athlete should get paid more than $5,000,000 a year, that is plenty enough for anyone. Heck I could take 5 million right now, being 20 years old, and support me and my family the rest of my life. They don't realize how lucky they are, it makes me sick at my stomach to see someone complain about something like that.

I would love to see them establish a minimum and a maximum and allow them to work for bonus's per their positions
Great in theory (and probably in reality). But keep in mind that the athletes would never allow that to happen. They are in it for the money. And they would never agree to anything similar (which is a real shame).

That is part of the reason why I love NASCAR. They may make a lot of money--but they are out there racing for it every weekend. Good, bad or indifferent.
"KentuckyHillBilly5321" Wrote:Great in theory (and probably in reality). But keep in mind that the athletes would never allow that to happen. They are in it for the money. And they would never agree to anything similar (which is a real shame).

That is part of the reason why I love NASCAR. They may make a lot of money--but they are out there racing for it every weekend. Good, bad or indifferent.

True, very good point. It is a shame they wouldn't agree, the sorry SOB's would go on strike if this was to happen, that's why I don't like pro sports, I don't even watch pro sports of any kind until playoffs. College sports are in a whole nother world when it comes to excitement IMO, I would rather watch Harvard vs. Yale than watch any pro game. It's sad, it really is.
I think they shoulld