Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Jenkins Lady Cavaliers win first two games of pre-season
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The Jenkins Lady Cavaliers won their first two games of the pre-season tonight and looked very good in doing so. They have a very good rotation at the pitcher spot with Alexis Watts and Kayla Stambaugh and their defense was real impressive making double plays and their catcher Sierra Kiser throwing out baserunners while the rest of the defense was awfully impressive. Jenkins Offense looks rock solid and produced a lot of hits and runs throughout the evening. Watch for the Lady Cavaliers to contend for the 14th Region in a big way this year.
Who did they scrimmage? What were the scores?
jenkins started out with their middle school and j.v pitcher and let pound get 3 runs and won that ball game 4 to 3 in 5 innings. won the second game against south floyd-I believe the final score was 7 to 1 on that one.
When do they scrimmage again?
jenkins vs. shelby valley lady wildcats at shelby valley on march 17th
mountainman19 Wrote:jenkins vs. shelby valley lady wildcats at shelby valley on march 17th

2 scrimmage games in one night?
I thought that you was allowed to have only 2 scrimmages only.
wildcats fan Wrote:I thought that you was allowed to have only 2 scrimmages only.

Yep. That was going to be my point. I wonder how many Jenkins had last year.

Sec. 8) Sports Specific Limitations- Softball- Girls (Fastpitch)
b) There shall be no more than two (2) scrimmages or practice games prior to the first regular season contest of that year.
The game vs. Pound was middle school and JV. However, you are allowed to play as many opponents as you would like in a 3 hour time period and it count as 1 scrimmage.
Got a point as long as they dont go over it is fine
sballgal3 Wrote:The game vs. Pound was middle school and JV. However, you are allowed to play as many opponents as you would like in a 3 hour time period and it count as 1 scrimmage.
Sec. 8) Sports Specifi c Limitations- Softball- Girls (Fastpitch)
a) Following the opening day of school there shall be no organized
practice prior to February 15.
b) There shall be no more than two (2) scrimmages or practice
games prior to the fi rst regular season contest of that year.I think that might be a loose interpretation.

The rule states that you are allowed no more than 2 scrimmages that are a total of 3 hours. I would hate to have a violation on such an unnecessary offense.
sballgal3 Wrote:The game vs. Pound was middle school and JV. However, you are allowed to play as many opponents as you would like in a 3 hour time period and it count as 1 scrimmage.

that's not how I read it.
Benchwarmer Wrote:that's not how I read it.

Me either, sounded more like they started with a JV pitcher and ended with a varsity. I really couldn't care less, but it would be a shame. Calling it a JV scrimmage might be a gray area that might be too close for comfort.

Just saying....Confusedhh:
ladycats09 Wrote:Me either, sounded more like they started with a JV pitcher and ended with a varsity. I really couldn't care less, but it would be a shame. Calling it a JV scrimmage might be a gray area that might be too close for comfort.

Just saying....Confusedhh:

That's how I read it as well. The truth has way of coming out.
These exact words came out of Darren Bilberry's mouth at a rules clinic:

"You can play as many opponents as you want in a 3 hours time period and it count as 1 scrimmage."

Those same words came out of his mouth when a parent contacted him by phone about that exact situation.

This has been done for years in the Lexington/Louisville area, eastern Kentucky is always behind in the time with such things. Those schools have pre-season scrimmage festivals and jamborees where they play multiple opponents in 1 day.
Benchwarmer Wrote:that's not how I read it.

I assumed by the way mountainman wrote it that it was jv. I could be wrong.
sballgal3 Wrote:These exact words came out of Darren Bilberry's mouth at a rules clinic:

"You can play as many opponents as you want in a 3 hours time period and it count as 1 scrimmage."

Those same words came out of his mouth when a parent contacted him by phone about that exact situation.

This has been done for years in the Lexington/Louisville area, eastern Kentucky is always behind in the time with such things. Those schools have pre-season scrimmage festivals and jamborees where they play multiple opponents in 1 day.

Ok
Jenkins beat Valley IN A SCRIMMAGE looked pretty good but needs some work on their fielding!!