Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Rowan County 64, Ashland 58 (16th Region Championship)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The Iceboxx Wrote:Rowan County was clearly the best team in the region the entire season and proved it tonight. RC never trailed a game in the district or regional tournys that I'm aware of.

Congrats to the all tourney team from RC. JR Jason Eagan, JR Adam Wing, JR DJ Downsend, and SR Darrell Cross. This team will be extremely good again next season.

I believe Rowan County has the talent and size to be playing in the final four of the sweet sixteen. They have Two Guards in the starting lineup that run sub 4.5 40's and can guard anyone in the state in the backcourt , and a front line that includes a 6'8" Center in Coreyhunter, 6'5" Adam Wing, 6'3" Jason Eagan, and the first man off the best is a 6'6" Senior shooter - Brandon Goodpaster. There is such a good mix of Speed/Size in this season Champions.

Lewis County jumped out to a 7-2 and 9-5 lead on Rowan but the Vikings quickly turned that one into a blowout. Sad
The Iceboxx Wrote:Rowan County Will Face Daviess from Region 3.

I see no reason why RC wouldnt be able to pull this game off. Rowan has won 23 of its last 25 games, and the two loses, one of which were to GRC, we by a combined 2 points.

In that 25 games Rowan has beaten Montgomery County, West Jessamine, Louisville Moore, Bath County, Mason County, Elliot County, Ashland Blazer(twice), Russell, and West Carter.

And Lewis County. Which is a better win than Bath and Russell.
Teams will have a hard time stopping Darrel and DJ in the back court. Adam Wing, 6'5', can play with anyone. Egan, can shoot the ball at 6'3'. Corey Hunter at 6'8', can defend and own the paint against anyone. An all around solid Rowan team, which should do well at state!
jceagle5 Wrote:Teams will have a hard time stopping Darrel and DJ in the back court. Adam Wing, 6'5', can play with anyone. Egan, can shoot the ball at 6'3'. Corey Hunter at 6'8', can defend and own the paint against anyone. An all around solid Rowan team, which should do well at state!

I am sure Coach Thacker will keep the boys focused on one game at a time, he will prepare them well for the first round match up. The boys have to stay focused and not overlook Daviess County.
Pages: 1 2